ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Buchner !!! Joe Theisman 2.0 !!

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
I am going to go ahead and say he will be a top heisman candidate next year and the year after.
I would say he will win it but I dont want to jinx him.

*** He is just as explosive as a runner as Brandon Winbush and has the best arm the Irish have had since Joe Theisman.

*** The Irish offense was electric when he played this year and he will only get better.

*** At first I was thinking of getting Slovis but now think that would have screwed with locker room chemistry. Not everyone is Jack Coan and even Jack Coan may not have been Jack Coan if he was benched for a prolonged time this year.

Marcus Freeman was the last piece of the Championship puzzle and wants Dynamic players that want to shine in the big games !

Go Irish !!
Beat Okie State !!

Reactions: Zorich 88
Bodi, the young man has a long way to go to even smell Joe's farts. I hope he gets there since Joe was my favorite ND QB from back in the day.

BTG ..
I always appreciate your optimistic attitude about the team but....

You can't win a Heisman from the QB spot on legs alone. Right now the biggest sampling we've seen with Buchner is the legs.
He is ridiculously quick. Much quicker than Wimbush.

That said the tiny sample of his throwing I've seen isn't very impressive.

Lastly he needs help. Double M @ the tight end spot is as good as it gets but the perimeter is not. That doesn't mean we don't have the material because the way BK loved to make a depth chart blindfolded...either way the perimeter play HAS to be more EXPLOSIVE!!

College is not the NFL where possession receivers or average speed but sure handed guys running crisp routes are valuable. The big games...the elite teams exploit matchups with superior speed and explosiveness. It's how they win.

You don't win at the top level in college by having constant 10-12 play drives. (BK and Ian Book)
You win against the elite by hitting huge plays.

I'm willing (and hoping) to see the new regime have the Irish on offense with a different look. A different attitude if you will and a killer instinct. As in...it's ok to score 50 points if it happens to be a particular game.
In other words who wants the next big play!!!!

We shall see

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT