ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Lyght out

We talked about this a couple weeks ago on this board. This has been in the works for some time. The secondary is in good hands with Terry Joseph. Hopefully ND is able to find a replacement that absolutely loves recruiting and works well with Joseph on a personal level.

I would think this has to do more with his recruiting ability because the CB coaching hasn’t been that bad IMO. However, there were reports a few months ago that Lyght was in on some top DB’s only to get over-ridden by his superiors regarding them.

Either way, make sure the next guy is a top notch recruiter. We can’t strike out here this year.

We talked about this a couple weeks ago on this board. This has been in the works for some time. The secondary is in good hands with Terry Joseph. Hopefully ND is able to find a replacement that absolutely loves recruiting and works well with Joseph on a personal level.

Am I correct to infer from your post that there was friction between Lyght and Joseph?

Am I correct to infer from your post that there was friction between Lyght and Joseph?

There was friction between Lyght and the rest of the defensive staff relative to the defensive backs that they wanred to recruit. Lea and Joseph want long guys that that can run. They're very particular about their measurables, which is why all the guys they took this year are at least 6'0 and have there verifiable run times that Polian talked about on NSD.

Lyght was happy to recruit guys that he thought were good players, regardless of their measurables. Polian and Lea in particular want to be very particular regarding who they take and the type of player that they recruit. They don't mind having a shorter, shifter, nickel corner, but they want their guys outside to be long guys with great makeup speed.

A decent coach who is a great recruiter, is much more valuable than a great coach who cannot recruit. The better Jimmy's & Joe's win 80% to 85% of all football games. The other 15% to 20% gets down to scheme, discipline and a little bit of luck.

Reactions: Mihalko35
I hope Joseph takes over the whole defensive backfield which would open up another position on the coaching staff. Good luck Coach.!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT