ADVERTISEMENT

Today was bad. Make no bones about it

The committee & the national people all saw the same things...

1) ND up 31-10 at half, game over
2) Adams only played a dozen snaps
3) Wimbush played 2 1/2 Quarters
4) WF scores garbage time TDS
5) ND put up over 700 yards

I’ve listened to every different person last night & today who are analyst & they all say the same thing...ND at #3.

They don’t even talk about the game or the crap people on here are worried about. They know it was a blowout. I’ve heard a half a dozen of them say, “Wimbush threw for 280, ND put up over 700 yards without Adams.”
Hope so. I'm probably overreacting. I'm still upset the defense didn't play as they are capable, also really wanted to see Adams win the heisman

BK and I'm sure Adams and family are not about to put his health (short-term and longer term) at risk. While I'm sure Adams would have liked to be a finalist for the trophy, he was still a long shot. He seems like a great young man who is a team first kind of kid, so I am sure getting into the Playoffs is more important.

As for the D, of course nobody is happy about the yards and points. However, it will help serve as a great motivation stick this week for BK. Let's remember that while our D is vastly improved, there was never a reason to believe they would suddenly become a "shut down" D this year. Personally I am thrilled with their performance overall for the season.

We won, we stayed at #3, and now we have three games left to focus on. Wake's offense was never a good match for our D - I like the match-up this coming week better, despite the U's speed and athleticism.

BK and I'm sure Adams and family are not about to put his health (short-term and longer term) at risk. While I'm sure Adams would have liked to be a finalist for the trophy, he was still a long shot. He seems like a great young man who is a team first kind of kid, so I am sure getting into the Playoffs is more important.

As for the D, of course nobody is happy about the yards and points. However, it will help serve as a great motivation stick this week for BK. Let's remember that while our D is vastly improved, there was never a reason to believe they would suddenly become a "shut down" D this year. Personally I am thrilled with their performance overall for the season.

We won, we stayed at #3, and now we have three games left to focus on. Wake's offense was never a good match for our D - I like the match-up this coming week better, despite the U's speed and athleticism.
In the post game interview. BK said he didn't play basically because he felt off, not because of injury. He wasn't in concussion protocol. Very odd reasoning to hold him out. And we didn't stay at #3, that's the AP Poll you're looking at, not the committee

BK is talking coach speak when discussing Josh. Although, I did see him on the sidelines with helmet on, jogging and running to and fro', and just getting his legs limber. Doing everything but the Limbo. If he was in concussion protocol, doesn't the medical staff take his helmet away?

BK is talking coach speak when discussing Josh. Although, I did see him on the sidelines with helmet on, jogging and running to and fro', and just getting his legs limber. Doing everything but the Limbo. If he was in concussion protocol, doesn't the medical staff take his helmet away?

He wasn’t in concussion protocol.

BK discussed this again at his 2pm Sunday presser. He said no limitations & he is full go for this week.

And winning the next 3 does not guarantee us the playoffs.
Scenario
1 loss UGA to Bama- in over ND
Undefeated Bama- in over ND
1 loss or undefeated Wisky- most likely in over us
Clemson- most likely swaps spots with us this week
Oklahoma- in over us with a conference championship

We do not play in a conference. Remember that
Here's your concept problems: 1) One loss Wiscy would be to MSU who ND mauled or OSU who has 2 losses. 2) Clemson still has to beat Miami who was beaten by ND 3) You just assume OKla. They have to beat TCU this week and also win the conference playoff. 4) Again you assume (we all know what that means) AL beats GA. What if GA wins? If either happens, by how much? You're just talking to hear your voice.

He wasn’t in concussion protocol.

BK discussed this again at his 2pm Sunday presser. He said no limitations & he is full go for this week.
That's what I mean. Josh had his helmet on but rumor spread in my section like wildfire that NBC reported Josh was in protocol. I was skeptical because I saw him plain as day , helmet on, jogging and limbering up.

Agree with last page posters; once Catholics vs Condescenders happens, no one in the world will remember WFU qtr 4.

That's what I mean. Josh had his helmet on but rumor spread in my section like wildfire that NBC reported Josh was in protocol. I was skeptical because I saw him plain as day , helmet on, jogging and limbering up.

Yeah, for some reason the NBC sideline reporter said that? Probably because Josh went in the tent, & she just assumed it was a consussion.

To point out how different things are this year, we are classifying a game we were wining by 25 halfway through the 4th quarter as "bad".
Good point. It's really a fun debate to have. It's better than arguing about whether we should have thrown a fade or kicked the game winning FG.

In the post game interview. BK said he didn't play basically because he felt off, not because of injury. He wasn't in concussion protocol. Very odd reasoning to hold him out. And we didn't stay at #3, that's the AP Poll you're looking at, not the committee

I'm equally confident that the Committee will still have us at #3 as well.

No but 600 total yards and 37 points to wake is terrible. How many yards and points will this defense surrender to playoff level talent and coaching?
They gave up 20 to the #1 team in the country? Is Georgia playoff caliber? I agree the 37 to Wake is dissapointing but I think you have to consider that the game was clearly in hand and so far, after 9 games, the defense has been stout. Best balance in a long time. They held down USC, GA, MSU, NC State.
Unless you believe the D regressed in week 9, or that Wake Forest figured us out, then I think this was an aberration. Win out and we are in. Just my opinion.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
if Wisky wins out and wins the Big10 outright then Wisc has to get a spot. With the Pac out, it helps if the Big10 manages to eliminate itself. At this point, Ala.,UGA and ND look to have the inside track to the playoffs. The only way the SEC does not get 2 spots is if the championship game is a blowout onesided contest.
if Wisky wins out and wins the Big10 outright then Wisc has to get a spot. With the Pac out, it helps if the Big10 manages to eliminate itself. At this point, Ala.,UGA and ND look to have the inside track to the playoffs. The only way the SEC does not get 2 spots is if the championship game is a blowout onesided contest.
Disagree about Wisconsin And the SEC. Wisky because while undefeated, their SOS would be about 60 vs a one loss ND SOS of probably 6 by the end of the year. I know everyone says an undefeated Power 5 team has to be in but Why? They do not play MSU, PSU, OSU. Their schedule is a joke. Their best win of the year will be against a 2 loss team (if there is one left) from the other side in the B10 championship. If it happens to be MSU, who we beat by a million and Wisky wins by 3, are they in over ND or a one loss B12 team? (OK or TCU)
As far as the SEC, if Auburn beats GA on Saturday and Bama beats GA in the SEC championship game by a point, who are the 2 SEC teams in the playoffs?
Not looking for a fight but you must admit these are valid arguments.

Last edited:
First off, Adams blew any chance of winning the heismann by not playing but 5 rushes. That cannot happen especially when you are cleared to play

Secondly, 37 freaking points? Really?? Wake was missing their best player? Unacceptable! Hope defense gets their heads out of where the sun doesn't shine for Miami.

We need to uphold our high standards. Today was not how we need to be playing in a 4 man playoff race.

"First off, Adams blew any chance of winning the heismann by not playing but 5 rushes. That cannot happen especially when you are cleared to play"

First off -- Adams told the doctors he did not feel right -- so in the BEST INTEREST of the athlete, they held him back. Could he have played, probably, was he NEEDED, no. What is more important -- his Heisman chances, or his health???

Second -- have you never lost focus when you were well ahead of something? This defense has been playing lights out pretty much all year, a let down was due to occur. Better it happen with a game that was well in control then against a team like Miami.

Simply out -- as many others have mentioned - Lighten up Francis!

"First off, Adams blew any chance of winning the heismann by not playing but 5 rushes. That cannot happen especially when you are cleared to play"

First off -- Adams told the doctors he did not feel right -- so in the BEST INTEREST of the athlete, they held him back. Could he have played, probably, was he NEEDED, no. What is more important -- his Heisman chances, or his health???

Second -- have you never lost focus when you were well ahead of something? This defense has been playing lights out pretty much all year, a let down was due to occur. Better it happen with a game that was well in control then against a team like Miami.

Simply out -- as many others have mentioned - Lighten up Francis!
I'm lightened up and ready to dominate Miami! Go Irish!!!

Disagree about Wisconsin And the SEC. Wisky because while undefeated, their SOS would be about 60 vs a one loss ND SOS of probably 6 by the end of the year. I know everyone says an undefeated Power 5 team has to be in but Why? They do not play MSU, PSU, OSU. Their schedule is a joke. Their best win of the year will be against a 2 loss team (if there is one left) from the other side in the B10 championship. If it happens to be MSU, who we beat by a million and Wisky wins by 3, are they in over ND or a one loss B12 team? (OK or TCU)
As far as the SEC, if Auburn beats GA on Saturday and Bama beats GA in the SEC championship game by a point, who are the 2 SEC teams in the playoffs?
Not looking for a fight but you must admit these are valid arguments.

My assumption was that Ala and UGA meet in the SEC title game unscathed and the championship game is a classic.
If UGA does have 1 loss, how do you send the team that lost to them, instead of them?
Wisc. can only play the games on the schedule. If they then play the extra game and win with emphasis, then they deserve a spot.

My assumption was that Ala and UGA meet in the SEC title game unscathed and the championship game is a classic.
If UGA does have 1 loss, how do you send the team that lost to them, instead of them?
Wisc. can only play the games on the schedule. If they then play the extra game and win with emphasis, then they deserve a spot.
Not going to happen. They are too far back now and the Big 10 stinks.

First off, Adams blew any chance of winning the heismann by not playing but 5 rushes. That cannot happen especially when you are cleared to play

Secondly, 37 freaking points? Really?? Wake was missing their best player? Unacceptable! Hope defense gets their heads out of where the sun doesn't shine for Miami.

We need to uphold our high standards. Today was not how we need to be playing in a 4 man playoff race.

Bump!! Non Homers saw the D gashed but the homers beep beep nothing to see

Hope so. I'm probably overreacting. I'm still upset the defense didn't play as they are capable, also really wanted to see Adams win the heisman

Never go against that initial hunch! We saw the same exact thing. I'm not privy to practices or scuttlebutt around the team. Are there injuries not being reported? Is there some division? Wake Forrest who has won about 43% of their games exposed BK & Company. Mark Ritch who is a very good coach studied that game tape.

Never go against that initial hunch! We saw the same exact thing. I'm not privy to practices or scuttlebutt around the team. Are there injuries not being reported? Is there some division? Wake Forrest who has won about 43% of their games exposed BK & Company. Mark Ritch who is a very good coach studied that game tape.
BK said in one of his pressers that the scout team ran six exact plays that WF would run and the defense messed it up all six times. He then said that when WF ran those plays in the game, the defense messed it up every time. That sounds like lack of focus. Lack of concentration. Press clippings. Media attention. Everybody in your ear saying how great you are. Noise. Noise. Noise. I will continue to give Saban all the credit for calling this out a few weeks back. He hit the nail right on the head.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Knew it when I saw it. What the hell happened vs. wake? Collapse of epic proportions. To all the dudes coming at my throat for being pissed after the wake game, remember who this team is run by. I feel sick!

Knew it when I saw it. What the hell happened vs. wake? Collapse of epic proportions. To all the dudes coming at my throat for being pissed after the wake game, remember who this team is run by. I feel sick!

They have never recovered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT