ADVERTISEMENT

Today was bad. Make no bones about it

NDIRISH53

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 13, 2016
First off, Adams blew any chance of winning the heismann by not playing but 5 rushes. That cannot happen especially when you are cleared to play

Secondly, 37 freaking points? Really?? Wake was missing their best player? Unacceptable! Hope defense gets their heads out of where the sun doesn't shine for Miami.

We need to uphold our high standards. Today was not how we need to be playing in a 4 man playoff race.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
No, today was not bad. We won, and two of teams we competing against lost. Today was good. Stop the nonsense.
High standards my friend. 37 to wake is unacceptable. We needed to dominate them and we did not. Beating wake forest is not enough.

Lighten up Francis. Could care less about the Heisman. Win the next three and in the Playoffs.
Why not care about having a heismann winner? I certainly care a tremendous amount. Obviously ND cares with all of this 33 trucking stuff. Heismann is a huge deal

And winning the next 3 does not guarantee us the playoffs.
Scenario
1 loss UGA to Bama- in over ND
Undefeated Bama- in over ND
1 loss or undefeated Wisky- most likely in over us
Clemson- most likely swaps spots with us this week
Oklahoma- in over us with a conference championship

We do not play in a conference. Remember that

And winning the next 3 does not guarantee us the playoffs.
Scenario
1 loss UGA to Bama- in over ND
Undefeated Bama- in over ND
1 loss or undefeated Wisky- most likely in over us
Clemson- most likely swaps spots with us this week
Oklahoma- in over us with a conference championship

We do not play in a conference. Remember that

Believe what you want to believe. If we win out, we are in.

well Oklahoma can't pass our irish or Clemson if they hold on and win because they have 52 pts on them in the 4th qtr

ND was due for a letdown game - it happened today. Lot of chaos in CFB and ND was comfortably winning its game. You are over-reacting. Wake knew Elko's game and took advantage of it.

High standards my friend. 37 to wake is unacceptable. We needed to dominate them and we did not. Beating wake forest is not enough.
Mr. Big Pants. "I have high standards".

Uh, okay.

As Nick Saban said earlier this year, "The fans expect us to win every game 66-3 and that is unrealistic".

ND was due for a letdown game - it happened today. Lot of chaos in CFB and ND was comfortably winning its game. You are over-reacting. Wake knew Elko's game and took advantage of it.

Yeah, we just came off back to back big wins. If that was our letdown, I'm a happy camper.

I wonder how they are feeling at Clemson after giving up 31 to a team we held to 14 and how they are feeling at Oklahoma, giving up 52 last I looked.

We played clock in the 4th and that team lives for clock. Last TD was unacceptable. It's the same 4 next week. Clemson survived. OK survived. We won easy.

The defense to me seemed like they just wanted the game to end.

Oklahoma's defense gave up 52 points, can't see how that impresses the committee. I think the four teams stay the same, unless LSU pulls off the big one.

We might be vulnerable to a crisp short passing attack. But, Bama may be as well.

I thought the defense was not great today. Oklahoma is in a shootout. Ohio st and Penn St losing helps us. I do
First off, Adams blew any chance of winning the heismann by not playing but 5 rushes. That cannot happen especially when you are cleared to play

Secondly, 37 freaking points? Really?? Wake was missing their best player? Unacceptable! Hope defense gets their heads out of where the sun doesn't shine for Miami.

We need to uphold our high standards. Today was not how we need to be playing in a 4 man playoff race.

I was disappointed with the D but today wasn't "Bad" I do wonder if the Irish will be bridesmaids if Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Clemson, Bama all win out. Clemson did have a bad loss vs Cuse. I would think the BCS want's the Irish in the mix.

Mr. Big Pants. "I have high standards".

Uh, okay.

As Nick Saban said earlier this year, "The fans expect us to win every game 66-3 and that is unrealistic".
Of course I do. Okay guy, be happy with 37 points to wake forest without their best player. Should never happen

We might be vulnerable to a crisp short passing attack. But, Bama may be as well.

I think Alabama is really the elephant in the room, so to speak. I haven't watched them as much this season as in past years, but they are big, strong and fast and have to be considered the prohibitive favorite.

Nick Saban is hands down the best coach of my lifetime.

That looked like the same ole Irish today on defense. That effort will make this season pointless if they take on Bama. It’d be another blowout in the semi’s.

I think I heard after the game it was exam week also this week. And give WF credit they ran the RPO to almost perfection today. The WF QB is very accurate and was on tempo. We couldn't get to him or disrupt the tempo passes.

Yes I would have liked a 52-17 win, but we won and that is all we can do is win out and see where the chips fall.

1. Bama (if they win)
  2. Georgia
  3. ND
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Clemson
  6. TCU (if they continue to blow out Texas)
  7. Wisconsin
  8. Miami (if they win tonight)
MSU is the second big ten team. (Top 12)
USC moves close to the top ten with a win tonight. (Top 15)

I still like our chances. Disappointed in our defense today. Elko was out-coached. No pressure up front. No answer in the second half (which has been his hallmark.)

That said, Kelly never panicked. Won the game without Josh and with WImbush sitting a lot of the 2nd half. I still believe we belong in the top four but even if we slip to five we will be back in next week with a win vs. a victorious (tonight) Miami team.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Of course I do. Okay guy, be happy with 37 points to wake forest without their best player. Should never happen
You do realize Wake was 5-3 going in, right? It's not like they were 0-8. Was I happy about giving up 37? Absolutely not, but every team has down weeks.

You want to trade places today with Ohio State fans? Penn State fans?

I think Alabama is really the elephant in the room, so to speak. I haven't watched them as much this season as in past years, but they are big, strong and fast and have to be considered the prohibitive favorite.

Nick Saban is hands down the best coach of my lifetime.

I would think Bama is a 10 point favorite over every BCS playoff team.

ADVERTISEMENT