ADVERTISEMENT

These conference ties to Bowl Games are....

I wouldn't be the one saying that it would be NYD bowl committees who would more than likely pick the Irish
Right but my response was to someone saying the NYD bowls would prefer Minnesota over ND bc of brand. My point is ND can be better then Minn and that is an independent reason for preference. Pumping ND because of brand though when at the same time attacking bowl tie ins which are based on brand protection lacks consistency.

To be honest, a rematch with UVA in the Orange would’ve been unappealing. I’d rather play Iowa State, which we’ve never played before. And Memphis wouldn’t have been too great of an opponent, either. So maybe it wasn’t so bad we ended up in this one, where the team played well and we got a nice win.

2 loss ND played in an NY6 bowl in 2015. All 10-2 records are not the same and we’re paying for the beat down at Michigan. If that had been a closer game, we’d probably be in the Orange Bowl or Cotton Bowl.
We're paying for the Michigan beat down and the fact we have no top tier wins.

Right but my response was to someone saying the NYD bowls would prefer Minnesota over ND bc of brand. My point is ND can be better then Minn and that is an independent reason for preference. Pumping ND because of brand though when at the same time attacking bowl tie ins which are based on brand protection lacks consistency.
I tip my hat

Reactions: SALittleGiant513
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT