ADVERTISEMENT

The OL Battles at Guard

IrishMike409

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 27, 2011
Another good article by Driskell and the gang today- there are some real battles going on, for the Guard spots.

Shrauth
Kristofic
Wagner
Rocco
Baker
Coogan

All apparently in the mix. A

This is a surprising development. It seemed like Billy and AK/Rocco had locked these spots up.

I’m starting to wonder if Wagner is just too damn athletic and they really want him on the field?

Any thoughts here? I’m still
Hopeful that Billy and Rocco emerge, lock these spots down, and anchor the lines in 24 and 25.

Hearing that Zeke has been fantastic. Love that. He’s clearly found his niche at C. Is Zeke eligible in 24?

Another good article by Driskell and the gang today- there are some real battles going on, for the Guard spots.

Shrauth
Kristofic
Wagner
Rocco
Baker
Coogan

This is a surprising development. It seemed like Billy and AK/Rocco had locked these spots up.

I’m starting to wonder if Wagner is just too damn athletic and they really want him on the field?

Hopeful that Billy and Rocco emerge, lock these spots down, and anchor the lines in 24 and 25.

Hearing that Zeke has been fantastic. Love that. He’s clearly found his niche at C. Is Zeke eligible in 24?
I am hopeful the two that give the team the best chance to win locks the spots down.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Id be shocked if Schrauth didnt win one. And kristofic/spindler for the other

I think they are just throwing those guys a bone and creating depth
I like that.

Do you agree though that they think Wagner is certainly going to be a starter at some point, likely 24? He’s that athletic and ceiling is that high? Do you think he has a Ronnie Stanley ceiling?

If we hit 24 and went:

Wagner
Shrauth
Zeke
Rocco
Jagusah

That’s a talented, athletic group.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I like that.

Do you agree though that they think Wagner is certainly going to be a starter at some point, likely 24? He’s that athletic and ceiling is that high? Do you think he has a Ronnie Stanley ceiling?

If we hit 24 and went:

Wagner
Shrauth
Zeke
Rocco
Jagusah

Yeah I'm sure they expect him to start. He's extremely athletic and strong. Just need to put on a few more lbs. Stanley type ceiling if he can add weight and maintain athleticism

Thats a really good guess for next year's OL if Alt and Fisher leave and Correll decides to come back

I like that.

If we hit 24 and went:

Wagner
Shrauth
Zeke
Rocco
Jagusah

Fisher could very well return. And if he looks at Q's career moves, he could.

Shrauth
Kristofic
Wagner
Rocco
Baker
Coogan

I thought Charles Jagusah was in the mix to be a guard. I've must of read wrong

That was internet talk. He's working at left tackle but isn't 100 percent with his knee
I like it. Would rather just keep Jagusah and Wagner at T. We’re gonna need 2 Tackles probably soon.

Would be great to replace Alt and Fisher w talented athletic guys like Jagusah and Wagner.

Reactions: Golson5
I like it. Would rather just keep Jagusah and Wagner at T. We’re gonna need 2 Tackles probably soon.

Would be great to replace Alt and Fisher w talented athletic guys like Jagusah and Wagner.
I agree. Unless Wagner is so good at guard this year that you can't keep him off the field

But I like them getting ready and preparing to be tackles because they may be the starters next year at tackle

I thought Charles Jagusah was in the mix to be a guard. I've must of read wrong
Hi DIP! I thought he was a very long shot, but possibly in the mix as well, until I read about his knee injury and recovery. This on top of NOT being an early enrollee eliminates him entirely. He’ll red shirt and compete for tackle which is where he belongs.

Shrauth
Kristofic
Wagner
Rocco
Baker
Coogan

I’m not sure there is real competition beyond the two deep for any position other than right guard. I think the interesting development here is with Rocco taking reps with the first unit on multiple days. He looks to be gaining the edge over Kristofic, which imo is a great development if true.

Hi DIP! I thought he was a very long shot, but possibly in the mix as well, until I read about his knee injury and recovery. This on top of NOT being an early enrollee eliminates him entirely. He’ll red shirt and compete for tackle which is where he belongs.
Thanks brother
Hope your doing well

Reactions: echowaker
Saw a practice review video that said Kristofic was spending some time at tackle which suggests maybe Rocco will start at RG and Kristofic is our 6th guy, will see the field and can work at a few different spots.

Saw a practice review video that said Kristofic was spending some time at tackle which suggests maybe Rocco will start at RG and Kristofic is our 6th guy, will see the field and can work at a few different spots.
Who will start at LG?

I’m not sure there is real competition beyond the two deep for any position other than right guard. I think the interesting development here is with Rocco taking reps with the first unit on multiple days. He looks to be gaining the edge over Kristofic, which imo is a great development if true.
Not sure it's so much of Rocco beating him out as it is there is a massive need for a swing guy and kristofic is far and away the best candidate right now to back up either position on a game by game basis.

I'm very interested to see how new coach manages the roster.

Not sure it's so much of Rocco beating him out as it is there is a massive need for a swing guy and kristofic is far and away the best candidate right now to back up either position on a game by game basis.

I‘m not sure either, but Rocco winning the position outright would be the better reality. That would signal significant development by Rocco, guard play above the play of Kristophic which is already a proven decent quality, and give us the benefit of an experienced skilled two Deep at multiple positions.

I‘m not sure either, but Rocco winning the position outright would be the better reality. That would signal significant development by Rocco, guard play above the play of Kristophic which is already a proven decent quality, and give us the benefit of an experienced skilled two Deep at multiple positions.
My guess is Rocco may be slightly better than Kristofic, or even, and Kristofic is #6 and far more versatile..

My guess is Rocco may be slightly better than Kristofic, or even, and Kristofic is #6 and far more versatile..
I’m good w this outcome.

Hoping Rocco and Billy S lock down the G sports for the next 40 games.

We have a bevy of NFL caliber Tackles to backfill Alt and Fisher with Jagusah, Wagner, and likely Lambert. The OL should be great for several years to come.

Reactions: Telx1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT