ADVERTISEMENT

The average IQ on this board has dropped significantly.

Maplerock

Shakes Down The Thunder
Jan 24, 2010
It used to be a fun and productive part of my day perusing the posts here. Now it's like wading through a swamp of bullspit and bile to find a post worth reading.

Is it an influx of simple minds? A gaggle of trolls? Or simply frustrated fans? Whatever it is, it makes finding anything substantive to read here very difficult.

What do you guys think? Can we make this forum great again?

It used to be a fun and productive part of my day perusing the posts here. Now it's like wading through a swamp of bullspit and bile to find a post worth reading.

Is it an influx of simple minds? A gaggle of trolls? Or simply frustrated fans? Whatever it is, it makes finding anything substantive to read here very difficult.

Why would you expect us collective knuckle dragging deplorables to be able write anything substantive

Reactions: ndhell and end_23

that is exactly what the critics said about Trump followers If you think we are a bsket of deplorables, you might want to stick around and see how we make this board great again First step is getting rid of Kelly then watch the magic happen

Agree - used to be some good inside recruiting information from 35 and IIO still provides some good game insight. But no value beyond that - I jump on once a week hoping to learn something but get the same garbage from the same posters.

I think when this board's "owners" changed, format changed, and moderator (waxonwaxoff) left, many of the old timers on this board left too.

Really miss the recruiting insights of 35 ... and many others.

You'll always have a few loose cannons but when the team goes through this the negativity comes out in droves and this has been a rough season. What is even more frustrating is the team has been in every game with a chance to win. I just want to see us play well the last two games and hopefully win them both. I know we can, but will we, that's up to the players but I'll root like I root every Saturday.

This forum is a whole lot of b*tching and crying.... always has been. Even when we were good (or somewhat good).... 80% of people on here were still complaining about something.

Last edited:
Reactions: TXNDFan88

Unfortunately, I believe you are correct that discourse on this forum has decreased. There are emotion based posts that lack any rational argument, and far less use of facts and evidence to make an argument. I have stopped looking here very much; used to be daily but not anymore. I am considering stopping reading this site all together.

Unfortunately, I believe you are correct that discourse on this forum has decreased. There are emotion based posts that lack any rational argument, and far less use of facts and evidence to make an argument. I have stopped looking here very much; used to be daily but not anymore. I am considering stopping reading this site all together.

Hope that is not the case. Your voice is one of the sane ones here.

Reactions: Classic Irish

are we supposed to cry or cheer

Reactions: end_23

It's refreshing to read a post that reflects the obvious truth that this board has been hijacked by haters,bigots and trolls,many of whom just love to belittle and point fingers at anyone who doesn't agree with their views. The very best example of this is the number of posts, that put down those who didn't fall for Trump's hate. One guy actually said we should get rid of Cali.because they didn't go for Trump. What this has to do with ND football,is beyond me. Instead of IIO,and ND35, giving the board great info and some humor at times,we have persevare and co.,putting ND down at every opportunity. Maplerock is right,it's like wading thru bile,to read this garbage.

Speaking of ND35...... does he no longer post? Last I remember he was having a hard time reading and typing because of his eyesight. I am sure this has been talked about, but I don't comb this forum as often as I used to.

Is he alright, does anyone stay in contact with him?

Many of us who saw through the smoke of the Coach 8 & 4 dream and brought that to everyone's attention - and what was the reaction? "Emotion based posts that lack any rational argument, and far less use of facts and evidence to make an argument". Bitter comments, regular attacks on their posts. Forgive me, you're a little late to the party. Where were you earlier? Agreeing with the Kelly supporters?

Speaking of ND35...... does he no longer post? Last I remember he was having a hard time reading and typing because of his eyesight. I am sure this has been talked about, but I don't comb this forum as often as I used to.

Is he alright, does anyone stay in contact with him?

I often wonder about him too. Never met him in person, but from his posts and conversations on this board, he seemed like a truly nice person who knew his football.

35 was an excellent poster. He told us all that due to failing eyesight he was no longer able to post!
I was also starting to have the same type of problems until I had double cataract surgery. My vision is now back to 20 - 20. Thank God !
Conidering that people of all ages , educational backgrounds, intelligence , writing skills, and knowledge are ND football fans , I think that one must expect all types of posts as well.
Some people I enjoy both reading their posts and responding to said posts,others I just read, and others I just ignore .

Reactions: nemeth#5
I'll give you a fact. Brian Kelly is 1-10 in big road games. You think that's acceptable?

I look at the board as a mirror of an Irish sports bar on game day or even a game day at the stadium. You're going to run into all different types of ND fans. All ages and from all walks of life.

Have to say the recent ejection of one poster has really cleaned up the board. So much less noise.

Also miss 35's recruiting updates and stories of NY when it was NY.

Go Irish!

Many of us who saw through the smoke of the Coach 8 & 4 dream and brought that to everyone's attention - and what was the reaction? "Emotion based posts that lack any rational argument, and far less use of facts and evidence to make an argument". Bitter comments, regular attacks on their posts. Forgive me, you're a little late to the party. Where were you earlier? Agreeing with the Kelly supporters?
HH74,

What a post. Amen! Spot on.

I believe there are many reasons a lot of posters quit posting here. I for one have quite a few.

1. In an effort to post to the level of an IIO I spent a lot of time on one particular post. I put a lot of thought and effort into it. I did a lot of research and shared links to support my opinion. After posting I was accused of a copy and paste and should give credit to the original author.

2. This place became NDNATION 2.0 and that was BEFORE the season. They have a lot of quality posters over there but they often get lost in the groupthink mentality. Anyone that had optimism or showed the least bit of excitement was labeled a "Kelly Lover".

3. Trolls. Loaded with them. Should have listed this #1. Ciphering through all the bubbas, irishnumber1s, bobbys, etc. is time consuming. Oddly enough since we've been losing they seem to have moved on a bit.

4. Opposite of #2. I lost my confidence in Kelly after the Texas game. At first I gave him the benefit of the doubt on retaining BVG (I wanted him gone). Kelly has 26 years experience, he's been successful, he must know something I don't ? Nope. Wrong. Then there was the Zaire and Kizer fiasco. So once voicing my opinion in believing its time to move on from the Kelly era I'm suddenly an idiot, bandwagoner, etc. Its like politics here. Far left wing and far right with very little in the middle.

Well, an interesting thread I suppose. But, this is an online sports forum. I don't expect to find a high level of discourse. In fact, I don't expect to find anything else than a few moments of passing entertainment. I would say to anyone who posts: post or don't post. Say anything you want. Some of it will be interesting, some of it may not be. I am free to read/respond to anything I please; or not read and respond. Much to do about nothing.

This sounds like a broken record. If you want people of low IQ to stop posting here, then it's very simple. Put them on ignore and do not engage with them and they'll simply go away. I've done this myself after a few idiots started taunting me and by not engaging with them, they left me alone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT