ADVERTISEMENT

The 2016 Irish Elite Rushing attack !!

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
It starts with the high level, well trained, well fed, mean SOB's on the oline.

Quenton Nelson, Mike McGlinchey, Sam Mustipher, Tommy Kraemer, Colin McGovern, Tristen Hoge, Hunter Biven, Tyler Luatua, Durham Smythe make up a fierce blocking attack that will dominate ALL defenses !!

And the super stud stable of running backs that will be running for daylight is our best since the Holtz days !!

Josh Adams (Eric Dickerson junior) !! T. Folston !! Dexter Williams !! Tony Jones Junior !! Deshone Kizer !! Malik Zaire!! Tori Hunter Jr (Yes he will make some big runs this year on quick pitches)

The Irish are going to destroy every defense they play this season !! Receivers will be open all day because of the running game !!

I have been waiting for this type of offense for decades !!

Go Irish !!
Crush Texas !!

Last edited:
Lost this post as it slipped in time. Could not agree more. The only caveat is how many games it takes for the OL to become a well coordinated machine. All the pieces are there for one of our best run blocking lines in a very long time, and with the four RB's Bodi listed, we have the speed and power and ability to run inside or out. I really really want to see an offense that consistently gets the tough three yards on the ground when needed against every team we play, while routinely racking up big gains and big yardage. That said, I don't believe the right side is yet finalized, and hope we this occurs this week.

Lost this post as it slipped in time. Could not agree more. The only caveat is how many games it takes for the OL to become a well coordinated machine. All the pieces are there for one of our best run blocking lines in a very long time, and with the four RB's Bodi listed, we have the speed and power and ability to run inside or out. I really really want to see an offense that consistently gets the tough three yards on the ground when needed against every team we play, while routinely racking up big gains and big yardage. That said, I don't believe the right side is yet finalized, and hope we this occurs this week.
We need that consistent push at the point of attack to return to Holtzesque dominance. So tired of throwing on 3rd and short. I hope this group gets that train rolling again!

The question is: Will Kelly run the ball as indicated by the above analysis? Or, will we see cute this and cute that; with endless delay of game penalties, and last second time outs.

Reactions: hoosierstateII
dexter Williams looked pretty fast in the spring game and I've heard in Kelly's pressers that folston isn't showing any signs from his injury of last season and so he seems to be a full go. if we see the speed from dexter this fall like we did in the spring game then this could be one of the most exciting group of rbs our irish have had in a while

Honestly think mustipher may be a better run blocker than Martin. Kid is tough as hell gets off the ball very very low.
i've been saying for a while now that despite what you lose in experience with martin i think you'll gain a much more physical presence at the point of attack with mustipher.

The question is: Will Kelly run the ball as indicated by the above analysis? Or, will we see cute this and cute that; with endless delay of game penalties, and last second time outs.
he's always run the ball. will they run it 80% of the time ? no. kelly has always had a balanced offense.

Kelly runs a balanced offense, but tends to get passing tourrets when behind or in obvious run situations. If it's first and goal from the 3 yard line, you can count on 3 straight passes.

Kelly runs a balanced offense, but tends to get passing tourrets when behind or in obvious run situations. If it's first and goal from the 3 yard line, you can count on 3 straight passes.
can't agree with that. plus mike denbrock called all the plays last year and will continue to do so going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT