ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor to flip ?

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
CB’s seem to be 50/59 ND or Scum

How does a kid commit to ND and then go to scum?

It’s burning….

Mich is selling only one other DB commit, getting him some strange, and bidding is increasing

Michigan won a national title last season. Went 15-0.

I despise Michigan more than anyone, that said, they will win their share of recruiting battles.

Reactions: Kelso86

God's will!

b2af9da633124dba2b5b36b347219094.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CanGeeB
Agreed. Win most, lose some.

I find a lot of satisfaction in Notre Dame out recruiting Michigan overall.
Yup. It’s great to see ND going after the top recruits. They aren’t going to get everyone. It does suck when a player commits then changes his mind. But that’s the way it is. The staff has to keep at it and continue to work hard on getting the best possible players.

Yup. It’s great to see ND going after the top recruits. They aren’t going to get everyone. It does suck when a player commits then changes his mind. But that’s the way it is. The staff has to keep at it and continue to work hard on getting the best possible players.
The top recruits are wined and dined like movie stars and it gets in their heads.
So not surprising.

Don’t sugarcoat it. Tell him what it is. Golsonize him. 😵‍💫🫵🏻

It's hardly classified information. Readily available and not hard to find for free.
Yes because people steal his information and put it on other sites

It's his info and for his site that is for paid subscribers. For people to take his stuff and put it on free sites hurts his business or anyone's and is a scumbag move

It's his info and for his site that is for paid subscribers. For people to take his stuff and put it on free sites hurts his business or anyone's and is a scumbag move
Agree.

The information is not " his". You can find it a lot of places if you make minimal effort. A lot of free and subscriber sites have it. The info is far from exclusive.

How does a kid go from one academic blue blood program to another? Seems like the logical downgrade since we have 2 other safeties committed.

The information is not " his". You can find it a lot of places if you make minimal effort. A lot of free and subscriber sites have it. The info is far from exclusive.
That's bull. Each site has similar but different info. Sometimes it's completely different.

That's far from the point. You don't take stuff off paid sites and put it on sites that aren't paid for

That's a scumbag move

If the free subscriber sites have it then it's fair game. He asked for paid Intel.

Find the free stuff then with minimal effort and don't ask for premium info

Regardless it’s public info now, it says on his on3 profile he’s scUM. Best of luck to him, glad we recruited the position so well. This sucks but doesn’t feel nearly as bad as it did when Peyton Bowen flipped.

Oh well. Transfer portal lessens the sting. Blair is rated higher than Taylor now
IMO, Ivan Taylor is the better safety, at least from what I have watched. Blair is an outstanding get.

When is the last time Notre Dame flipped a top prospect from an opposing blue blood?

These are the types of losses on the recruiting trail to opposing teams that seriously handicap your programs upside during the regular season and increase theirs. Smh. Why in the world would we let our best prospect flip to michigan? Write Ivan Taylor a blank check if you have to you got to keep this commit

Does it really matter? Maybe, in the end, he felt Michigan was a better fit for him.

He is the one who has to go through it for his 3-4 years, he has to feel comfortable.

All you can say is good luck to the kid. Cannot miss something you never had.
Yes it really matters this lack of ability to attract the best athletes in the country continues to dampen Notre Dame's recruiting efforts year after year after year after year going on multiple decades now and again nobody in the institution in the media and the fan community seems to give a shit.

It's like we enjoy losing around here. Nobody cares! keep losing getting your ass kicked on the recruiting trail and on the football field no accountability

When is the last time Notre Dame flipped a top prospect from an opposing blue blood?

These are the types of losses on the recruiting trail to opposing teams that seriously handicap your programs upside during the regular season and increase theirs. Smh. Why in the world would we let our best prospect flip to michigan? Write Ivan Taylor a blank check if you have to you got to keep this commit
This is the dumbest crap you've posted in 15 minutes.

The reason ND doesn't get tons of flips is because their strategy is to identify kids early and stay on them. They only go after other committed guys when they miss. And also seems to have more flips because they get earlier commitments. It's simply their recruiting strategy.

Moreover... Audric estime flipped from MSU...you know when they missed on their target.

Reactions: burmafrd1943
I respect sources and their ability to make money from the work they do. I'm not posting someone elses information. Period.

This is the dumbest crap you've posted in 15 minutes.

The reason ND doesn't get tons of flips is because their strategy is to identify kids early and stay on them. They only go after other committed guys when they miss. And also seems to have more flips because they get earlier commitments. It's simply their recruiting strategy.

Moreover... Audric estime flipped from MSU...you know when they missed on their target.

I would categorize portal transfers as flips.

Team building is evolving. Those that refuse to adapt (Clemson) will make things tougher on themselves.

a small part of me wants ND to win a NC in decisive fashion just to watch chase his balls and all like him to stroke out

I like Taylor’s game a ton, and hate that he flipped. I think Blair is an outstanding player, and likely better, but one is projected as a safety and the other at nickel in our defense. They would have complimented each other greatly in my opinion. So, a lost opportunity for sure. But hardly devastating as our defensive back recruiting has been really good.

Having Taylor flip to UM hurts, to be sure, but we all probably need to back away from the ledge a little bit. We have recently been through this same drill with some other notable top 100 recruits--Keon Keely, Peyton Bowen and CJ Williams--but these kinds of decommitments happen to all the major programs. And keep in mind the vagaries of the recruiting process itself: Keely has basically done nothing at Bama and Williams is a rotational player at Wisky. So those have not panned out as real losses. Bowen has played well and the story will be told soon enough on Taylor.

Here are the number of top-100 decommitments (according to the 247Sports Composite) at the other CFB recruiting powerhouses from 2022-25:
  • LSU: 8
  • Alabama: 7
  • Georgia: 8
  • Florida State: 7
  • USC: 7
  • Ohio State: 6
  • Georgia: 6
  • Notre Dame: 4
  • Oregon: 4
  • Clemson: 3
  • Texas: 3
  • Michigan: 1
So what is the answer? Here is Pete Sampson's take on it:

"The solution is to recruit more top-100 players, potentially suffer more top-100 decommitments and hopefully end up signing more top-100 talent. There’s an argument inside Notre Dame that the football program doesn’t need to sign more five-star prospects — it needs to do a better job identifying “fits” among the five-stars it does get. Basically, what’s the point of signing Aaron Lynch and Ishaq Williams if they don’t mesh with your program? That argument doesn’t hold. Recruiting is a volume play at the top and a fit play at the bottom. In other words, you take the five-star talent you can get and try to make it fit, then you only take the three-star talent that you believe you can develop."

But we need to be real about the prospects of ND landing more 5* recruits. It will be a slow process, and at ND there are many institutional and structural challenges. There are roughly 30 5* players each cycle. In the past 4 recruiting cycles, Bama, UGA and OSU signed 55 of those 5* players. That is almost 38% of them. Many of them would never have academically qualified at ND, and most of them were probably looking at playing 3 years and then jumping into the NFL draft. Taking on the academic challenges that ND presents probably doesn't appeal to many of them. And many choose to stay close to home. That significantly lessens the pool of 5* talent available to ND.

Aside from Bama, UGA and OSU, there are a group of schools that are focused on using NIL to lure recruits. Think TAMU, Miami, Oregon, Tennessee, Colorado and Ole MIss. When we are looking at a kid interested in those schools, the recruiting battle has little to do with academics or player development. It is all about $. That is not a kid we are likely to land, nor one that we should really be wasting our energy on.

When 5* kids are looking at where to go to school, they are making "business", i.e., football decisions. How many first-round NFL draft picks has the school had? What has the school's record been in the CFB playoffs? Let's be honest, ND is lagging there in comparison to the NFL factory schools.

And of course, NIL and the portal have created drastic changes in the recruting process. ND is still finding its way there, as are other schools, but I like the way that Freeman has used the portal.

I believe it will be a slow and deliberate process to start landing more high end talent, but not an insurmountable one. If Freeman can get ND in a place where it has more success on the field, we will get a deeper look from 5* recruits. The first (and most important) part of that equation is getting elite play at the QB position. That can make up for some deficiencies in other position groups. We have been sorely lacking in elite play at the QB position for a couple of decades. For all that Brian Kelly did for ND, he did not recruit well at the QB position, or develop the talent we had. I am encouraged by what MF has been doing with QB recruiting, and am hopeful it will snowball into more positive results on the recruiting end. We have a proven track record of success recruiting the OL and TE positions, and while there has not been a similar record of recruiting success with the DL and defensive secondary, it is encouraging to see what has recently been happening with recruiting those position groups. Have patience, my friends.

Reactions: chaseball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT