ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating Info

Nov 27, 2001
Coming in November for a football game and I've never made this trip before. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as tailgating? Where to go, where not to go etc. etc. Also does anyone have any suggestions where to go after the game for dinner and to watch some of the games that will be on TV?

Being that this is my first trip to South Bend I am completely in the dark on what to do and where to go. Thanks for the help.

Have been to many, many ND home games but have never tailgated.

Tend to wander around campus (take in the sites ... grotto, basilica, main building, log chapel, bookstore, Joyce center) in the morning, have brunch in the South Dining Hall (it used to really be good ... not sure what its like now), watch the band perform their concert on the steps of Bond Hall, sample brats, steak sandwiches etc served by student organizations around campus then head to the game.

After the game ... pizzas and beer usually at Barnabys (several locations around South Bend & Mishawaka ... we usually found the Mishawaka location less crowded) ... could try Roccos or Brunos but they tend to fill up fast.

Reactions: Gun2000
If your budget allows for it try and get a Joyce or Stadium parking pass. If not I would suggest if you want a lively tailgate atmosphere to park by Ivy Court / on Twyckenham which is a short walk to the stadium. I also agree with Irishherb on his suggestions. Another thing to consider is some of the restaurants at Eddy Street Commons across from Campus are also good on game day / to get out of the cold if needed.

No charcoal. ND parking has a rule about tailgating during the game. Whether it is actually enforced, I have no idea. Probably private lots don't have that rule. I park White Lot. Tollway exit 77 takes you right into the lot. Free shuttle on to campus before and after. I think lots open at 8AM EDT and close 3 hours after the game ends. No over nighters. Others might have some good tips also. Have fun. Be safe. See you there.

Reactions: Gun2000
No charcoal. ND parking has a rule about tailgating during the game. Whether it is actually enforced, I have no idea. Probably private lots don't have that rule. I park White Lot. Tollway exit 77 takes you right into the lot. Free shuttle on to campus before and after. I think lots open at 8AM EDT and close 3 hours after the game ends. No over nighters. Others might have some good tips also. Have fun. Be safe. See you there.
That's what I had planned to do was parking at the white lot but then I noticed on stub hub that there was parking passes available for purchase for that same lot so I was unsure if it was public or not.

White Lot is university owned and follows the university rules. I've been parking White Lot for years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT