ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford at USC

8th Man

Rockne's Water Boy
Jul 1, 2006
Trojans up 24-20 at the half. USC has more talent, Stanford has better coaching.

Go Trees.

Reactions: rgc7
Clay is known for no half-time adjustments but Stanford is really bad this year. I could see it going either way.

Reactions: 8th Man
Clay is known for no half-time adjustments but Stanford is really bad this year. I could see it going either way.

Well, from Clay's POV, USC was leading after the first half. Any adjustments would just risk flipping that result.

I just can't pick a dog in this fight. Lsju isn't the Scrappy underdog anymore and hasn't been in a while

I just can't pick a dog in this fight. Lsju isn't the Scrappy underdog anymore and hasn't been in a while

USC was a 3.5 favorite at kickoff. Interesting, considering Stanford is the ranked team.

Their Freshman QB is for real! Kid is good... Kurt Warner was his offensive coordinator
in high schoo. USC is totally schooling them.
Yes he isand he got very few offer's from D1 schools
He is putting the ball right where it needs to be even on the deep passes
Very impressed.
Stanford freshman QB not in the same league at this point

Stanford must have the lowest efficiency rating you can get. The second half they kept driving down the field to miss a field goal

Kedon is very good. He actually was Harrel’s 1st choice at QB, but over ruled by Clueless.

But watch the OLvsDL. The SU DL is not up to standards. The SC OL held off the SU DL, 1 step better than what the pressure or penetration top DL’s get against SC’s not so good OL That 1 step makes all the difference in the world to a QB.

Better D’s and that protection becomes ‘lookout!’.

USC has found their QB. This kid is legit. Hes going to be a problem.

Sc looks like a different team from last year. Don't sleep on them

Nothing to worry about-----Chasebomb is going to tell now they have 8.5 4 stars and ND has 10.2 4 stars so we'll win. :):):)

Looks like culture has changed. They played with energy. Physical. With emotion. They have their qb now to go with a lot of talent. They'll be a tough out. And they have a bye before us

he was an early enrollee and impressed from the start. He came with Harrell, decommited to follow GH.
He did fly under the radar. GH says the kid is the best QB he has had! I wonder how JT feels about that?
And what about the 5* commit?
Jt is done at SC

Stanford had zero pass rush last night. Granted GH's offense gets the ball out quickly, but Stanford hardly blitzed and Slovis had all the time in the world to throw. I'd like to see how this kid and the SC receivers play against someone pressuring them.

The system is described as: “designed to be very QB friendly”, whatever that means?
WR’s run to open areas, and the QB throws to the open guy. Isn’t that what we did on the schoolyard lawns?

Kedon is very good. He actually was Harrel’s 1st choice at QB, but over ruled by Clueless.

But watch the OLvsDL. The SU DL is not up to standards. The SC OL held off the SU DL, 1 step better than what the pressure or penetration top DL’s get against SC’s not so good OL That 1 step makes all the difference in the world to a QB.

Better D’s and that protection becomes ‘lookout!’.

Also LSJU's tackles were getting beat every time I looked up. Okwara and Kareem need find their comfort zone 3 steps into the backfield.

SC Qb can't be good. Not enough stars coming out of hs. :D

He committed early to TT and he lacks the physical ‘wow’ factor.
And let's not get ahead of ourselves, he has played 1 game!
And his competition in 2020 IS a legit 5*.

If you are worried about losing to us, forget it. ND will beat us by 17 or so. We played well but by the end of the year you will understand how bad Stanford is.

Playing possum. I can see a big difference in the entire team
Did you not think Stanford was severely lacking talent in all phases of the game? They really missed the homerun threat of Love. They don't have that big WR/TE threat this year either. ND will spank this Stanford team this year with Costello or not.

Did you not think Stanford was severely lacking talent in all phases of the game? They really missed the homerun threat of Love. They don't have that big WR/TE threat this year either. ND will spank this Stanford team this year with Costello or not.
Im talking about the way they look. Theyre engaged. Theyre playing hard. They look fast. We'll see what happens. They look pretty good right now.

Stanford lost 14 starters from last year. Their starting Guard, Tackle and QB were out for the game. Our starting QB was out, although our OC thought Slovis should have been #1`. We beat a very bad team convincingly. It is good win, but not a great win.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT