ADVERTISEMENT

Stage is set for Freeman again

If MF tries to be someone he is not, he will fail

If MF is only as successful as Kelly was here, he will be a failure here

I think he will be himself and channel his inner Marcus Freeman and outdo what BK did here

Go Irish
If freeman maintains what Kelly built from 2017 -2021 freeman will not be a failure, he just won’t have been the answer either, and he won’t be fired.

The coaching staff has to be better and more consistent fast. There should only be 3 games next year where the line is close to even money, and two are home. 10-2 at worst next year, and in reality with better qb play 11-1 should be realistic

If freeman maintains what Kelly built from 2017 -2021 freeman will not be a failure, he just won’t have been the answer either, and he won’t be fired.

The coaching staff has to be better and more consistent fast. There should only be 3 games next year where the line is close to even money, and two are home. 10-2 at worst next year, and in reality with better qb play 11-1 should be realistic
If MF is Kelly, he is a failure to me. I have higher expectations for him.

If we beat SC saturday, this would have been a better regular season then last year. So the improvement would already have been made. Just fine tuning, learning from this season will take it to new levels the next few years

If MF is Kelly, he is a failure to me. I have higher expectations for him.

If we beat SC saturday, this would have been a better regular season then last year. So the improvement would already have been made. Just fine tuning, learning from this season will take it to new levels the next few years
You have higher expectations for Freeman, yet, you would grade MF an A for a 10-3 season despite losing to lousy Marshall and crappy Stanford at home.

You talk out of both sides of your mouth.

You have higher expectations for Freeman, yet, you would grade MF an A for a 10-3 season despite losing to lousy Marshall and crappy Stanford at home.

You talk out of both sides of your mouth.
10 and 3 with 4 top 25 wins, 2 top 10 wins, ending a 28 year NY6 drought, with your below average backup qb, hell yeah thats an A

He would have done 2 things Kelly has never done in 12 years in his firat season. Win a NY6 and beat 2 top 10 teams

That would be a hell of a season

And once he gets his QB, then it's go time

The challenge is twofold.
1. Recruiting the top players
2. Then coaching them at the highest level once you get them.

Individually, both tasks are a significant challenge, collectively the challenge is exponentially more difficult!
Very true, player development is vital. Frankly that’s the area Kelly both performed great at and the reason he was hired. Namely, Charlie Weis’ failure to do so. Good point. Here’s hoping for the unicorn of a higher ceiling recruit coupled with an elite player development organization led by Freeman, Balis and the rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT