ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry the Dream is over,,,,,,ND loses 31 to 17

Maybe he meant feast. Not fast. But, in his world, it's impossible to know what is circulating in his little buzz box of a brain.

Isn't it possible to ban the jackasses? At this point, there isn't a single board member that believes this guy to be anything more than pathetic.

If we had you guys at home I would put it at 50/50. But at your house, I would say our chances are 25%. But I will take that. We aren't a program like yours (clearly), but this year, I think we are good enough to win in a one time matchup.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
If we had you guys at home I would put it at 50/50. But at your house, I would say our chances are 25%. But I will take that. We aren't a program like yours (clearly), but this year, I think we are good enough to win in a one time matchup.
Fair. Chubb is sick, I'm worried about him against our rotating right tackle, and even a little bit against McGlinchey. NC State is a tough program whom should be respected by all Irish fans! I think ND wins 27-18. We force you guys to kick too many field goals is my prediction.

If only we could make field goals! If this game comes down to field goals, we are in trouble. How is ND's kicking game?

Anytime a team has a DL like yours with a smart QB with two really skilled fast receivers, they are capable of pulling off the upset. This being the game immediately following our dominant win in our biggest rivalry game, I’m really thankful it’s a home game. I buy into the notion that this ND team is a special team, and so I expect a final score not as close as the game itself. Nice having a classy NCST fan drop by.

Thanks. Everyone is talking about how this is a letdown game for the Irish because you played USC last week, etc. But at a certain point, I feel like this won't be a letdown game because that is all anyone is talking about. Usually let down games blindside you. It is rare that a team has a letdown game when the entire discussion all week is don't let this be a letdown game. I would like our chances more if everyone wasn't talking about the letdown aspect of this game! For once, I wish we were flying under the radar like usual.

Thanks. Everyone is talking about how this is a letdown game for the Irish because you played USC last week, etc. But at a certain point, I feel like this won't be a letdown game because that is all anyone is talking about. Usually let down games blindside you. It is rare that a team has a letdown game when the entire discussion all week is don't let this be a letdown game. I would like our chances more if everyone wasn't talking about the letdown aspect of this game! For once, I wish we were flying under the radar like usual.
I don’t see how any Team can get up two weeks in a row to the emotional level this team played at last week. So on that point, we will be a less emotional and less fired up. BUT, to your point, I agree that the constant chatter about a let down and trap game, etc.... works to your disadvantage. Coach Kelly put all this in the best perspective when he talked about our goal is to win the NC, and we have no conference championship as a goal unto itself or as a stepping stone. As a result, our players know that each and every game is a must win, and given our Georgia loss, we are in a single elimination tourney of sorts. So, we will not likely play at the emotional level of last week, but there will not be a let down from how we have played all season.

If only we could make field goals! If this game comes down to field goals, we are in trouble. How is ND's kicking game?
ND's Kicker Justin Yoon is pretty good. His 2017 Stats are as follows.

38/38 on Extra Points (has ND really scored that many TD's? Seems high)
7/10 on FG's. 2/2 from 20-29 yards, 2/2 from 30-39 yards, and 3/6 from 40-49.

You guys are certainly good enough to win this game. It will come down to which team plays better, executes better. This isn't ND v Miami Ohio.

It does seem high for seven games, but we have over 25 red zone TDs, quite a few longer TDs, and at least one defensive TD, so it's not impossible.

Our kicker is 6/11. But one hit the upright! Haha. It is not distance that is the problem, it is just accuracy. We are just as likely to miss a 30 yarder as we are a 50 yarder. Just a total stab in the dark.

Last year we played at #3 Clemson, had a chip shot to win the game as time expired. Literally a chip shot. We missed it and lost in overtime. Our kicking game has never recovered (totally ruined the poor kid, he is the backup on FG's now). Our poor kicking game has not hurt us yet. I really hope this isn't the game. We are good on extra points, but they are always a close call. Moving to more positive notes, our return game is dangerous and our punter is pretty damn good.

Let it be Clemson

The thing that worries me the most about our kicking game is the potential for blocks. There's been more than a few XPs that have almost been blocked. Not so much, ironically, on our FG attempts. Despite being perfect on XP's, Yoon has squeaked a few through too IMO. It's hard to argue with his success rate though.

Our kicker is 6/11. But one hit the upright! Haha. It is not distance that is the problem, it is just accuracy. We are just as likely to miss a 30 yarder as we are a 50 yarder. Just a total stab in the dark.

Last year we played at #3 Clemson, had a chip shot to win the game as time expired. Literally a chip shot. We missed it and lost in overtime. Our kicking game has never recovered (totally ruined the poor kid, he is the backup on FG's now). Our poor kicking game has not hurt us yet. I really hope this isn't the game. We are good on extra points, but they are always a close call. Moving to more positive notes, our return game is dangerous and our punter is pretty damn good.

I watched that NC State Clemson game while tailgating at the ND game last year. That was brutal. ND's punter has been very solid as well. I can see the NC State return game being a big part of this game. Hope ND has a plan to try and minimize the potential for big plays in this area of the game.

I watched that NC State Clemson game while tailgating at the ND game last year. That was brutal. ND's punter has been very solid as well. I can see the NC State return game being a big part of this game. Hope ND has a plan to try and minimize the potential for big plays in this area of the game.

I think a wet field could have a big impact in the return game. How is the drainage on your turf? Does the field get slippery? Can you recall any games where the field conditions had a big impact? How does the wind swirl in your stadium?

I think a wet field could have a big impact in the return game. How is the drainage on your turf? Does the field get slippery? Can you recall any games where the field conditions had a big impact? How does the wind swirl in your stadium?
I've only been to about 12 ND home games in my years so someone may be better to answer all those questions but i'll give my two cents anyway. Looking at the forecast it doesn't appear to be that much rain in it. I keep seeing these post talking about the weather. I'm looking at it right now and it doesn't appear to be bad unless i'm missing something?? I don't see the field being slippery as an issue at all. In the past field conditions were an issue but that was because of the natural turf. I watch every ND game and I can't recall any home game since the turf has been put in where the field conditions had any impact. My last two ND home games were Texas in 2015 and Stanford last year and I can't recall it being overly windy so I'm not sure how it will swirl in there especially with the new additions. If there is one thing I can see playing a factor in this game it's the wind. Appears it will blow up to 20mph and we all know that can affect the kicking game. I think both qbs have strong enough arms for the wind to not affect either passing game.

Why, does the future bother you. Hope you post after Sat so I can laugh at you...I will ignore you from now on.

Who are you, Kreskin??

If we win Saturday you will be nowhere to be found, just like every other week that we win.

Last edited:
Why, does the future bother you. Hope you post after Sat so I can laugh at you...I will ignore you from now on.

You have been reported.

If you make a new handle & continue to troll you will receive an IP address ban.

What does a Meatchicken fan care? All I remember is 37-0 last time we met LOL!

Oh it brings to mind my favorite memory in that series! I wonder how much nose mining Harbutt will do when the meat chickens come to tow on Sept 1, 2018?

Oh it brings to mind my favorite memory in that series! I wonder how much nose mining Harbutt will do when the meat chickens come to tow on Sept 1, 2018?

It will always be 38-0 to me. But yes, I had a couple of obnoxious Meeechigan fans behind me. They were gone shortly after half.

If our field is going to have drainage issues with a chance of a shower later in the game, then we better have a chit chat with the groundskeepers. None of this stuff matters because the weather is not going to be a factor unless you are a Miami Hurricane. In that case, bring wool hats and lined parkas. Perhaps we should have the weather channel on standby just in case the temps dip to 40 even. Just play ball and no need to worry about typical Halloween South Bend temps. I'm not even worried about the weather for the Navy game.

It's too bad Michigan isn't mediocre and on our schedule. I love seeing Notre Dame shut them out like they did in the last match up.

Goodbye 33-0

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT