ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody please explain to me why......

ignatiusjk

Shakes Down The Thunder
Sep 5, 2004
Will somebody please explain to me why on earth we are playing at 11:30 in the frigging morning this week.I know Navy is the home team but 11:30 am. Seriously is there a honest reason?

I heard it is CBS and their decision. Not sure, but that's what I heard. Do they have a triple header on Saturday or something?

I realize that but ND will bring in a big audience so why not put them on around 2-3:00 pm.

They want ND on TV for the ratings, but they know it won't pull enough viewers to justify an afternoon or evening time slot.

I would rather have an early time like back in the day. I will sleep better Saturday night either way. Go Irish and beat Navy!!!

CBS has a triple header scheduled that starts with ND-Navy at 1130 and ends with Bama-LSU at 8. Not sure what SEC game is sandwiched in between but I think it's Florida.

CBS has a triple header scheduled that starts with ND-Navy at 1130 and ends with Bama-LSU at 8. Not sure what SEC game is sandwiched in between but I think it's Florida.

That's what I heard a week ago. Didn't get any of the details but anyone can figure the network was involved somehow.

Reactions: Kelso86
I realize that but ND will bring in a big audience so why not put them on around 2-3:00 pm.

Do you really think this game deserves a prime time afternoon slot? Sorry, but with ND in the shitter this year, not going to happen.
Plus, I think the announcement of the game time was made a long time ago.

Florida and Arkansas I believe is the 3:30 game.

I enjoy the 2:30 games so only half of my Saturday is ruined..... Now I will be drunk by noon and crying the 1 pm after I watch the flex-bone run all over us.

Reactions: chitown sot

Wow...did you figure this out all by yourself??? A TV network is putting a game on to get ratings and make money....amazing. What a financial genius you are!!! You better give up that WalMart gig and start looking in the Wall St. Journal for a real job. Madison Ave could use a braniac like you. Glad to see your putting good use of that GED! Who woulda known...TV and $$$...The Rockefellers have nothing on you!!!

Reactions: Pennick44
It's TV finally facing the reality that almost every game takes longer than the allotted TV time. So it's four hours between our start and the Florida/Arkansas start, and 4 1/2 hours between that game and the Bama/LSU game. Remember when NFL games were at 1:00p and 4:00p? Today you'd be likely to miss the first half of the 1st quarter of every 4:00p on that schedule.

What's ironic is that ND v Navy is actually a game that might be played in 3 hours, and that seldom happens anymore.

Can't complain from the West coast. Bloody Mary and ND is not a bad way to start the day. Unlike many here, I enjoy all three start times used during the season, but do sympathize with those back east during night games. Just anxious for the Navy game to get here, and keep hoping for a great ND performance to add some swagger and confidence moving forward.

Wow...did you figure this out all by yourself??? A TV network is putting a game on to get ratings and make money....amazing. What a financial genius you are!!! You better give up that WalMart gig and start looking in the Wall St. Journal for a real job. Madison Ave could use a braniac like you. Glad to see your putting good use of that GED! Who woulda known...TV and $$$...The Rockefellers have nothing on you!!!

AH -- the Bug man is getting ready for his annual assault on Mike Brey -- needs to get a few kinks out 1st.

It will start at 10:30 am where I live. When I was stationed at Kaneohe bay, HI. I would have to get up at 7am for gametime.

Drove through that area the week before the Texas game. Was over there to play golf ... wifey and I are trying to golf in all 50 states, are now 31 down 19 to go.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Drove through that area the week before the Texas game. Was over there to play golf ... wifey and I are trying to golf in all 50 states, are now 31 down 19 to go.

isn't there that one spot out wast where you can stand in four states at once? bring your driver and knock of four states at once!

isn't there that one spot out wast where you can stand in four states at once? bring your driver and knock of four states at once!

Yes ... four corners ... Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico. Problem there ain't golf courses on that spot. But a couple of years ago we WERE out in that area and did get in some golf in all 4 of those states. Beautiful course just north of Santa Fe, NM ... played 18 holes in light snow towards the end of May.

Forget the cost dont miss Pebble Beach and Spyglass.

Forget the cost dont miss Pebble Beach and Spyglass.

Aim to play Pebble one of these days. To hell with the cost. There are two incentives for me to play it ...(1) its a great course; (2) it was co-designed by Douglas Grant, who happened to be deaf like me.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Will somebody please explain to me why on earth we are playing at 11:30 in the frigging morning this week.I know Navy is the home team but 11:30 am. Seriously is there a honest reason?

Because nobody that likes the team wants to watch this season, and the Schadenfreud has worn off for the haters.

We are a non-event this season.

Well it's true! It's true! We are semi-entertaining. quasi-entertaining. The margarine of football. The Diet Coke of football. Just one calorie, not fun enough.

Addendum - add the dumpster-fire of college football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT