ADVERTISEMENT

Some here love ND in the ACC

It is not a great surprise that the admin does not like to pay for the dangerous labor that had always gotten for near free, and makes the school millions. However the theory that ND will give up such an integral part of its identity because it is uncomfortable.
The thing is ND doesn't look at it like that.
They truly believe it's school first, second and third who also happen to compete in D1 football.

Their repayment...
or tit for tat...
if you will...

Is giving the student athlete a...
(how much is 4 years at our beloved worth now?)...degree completely free and clear and debt free.

Moreover if the student athlete didn't need(they don't) the fancy car and or a Taj mahal apartment, or a 96" TV, or, or, or
The scholarship student athlete can leave ND with a degree and without paying one cent out of pocket, having been fed all they want, all the underarmor rags they wish to wear and hell that includes footwear and underwear.
Sure their stipend won't buy them a Mercedes but they really don't need it. They even earmark money for travel back home and money to get your family to games.

A scholarship football player at ND has about a 5 percent chance of making it on Sunday. Some years more, sone less, but it averages to about 5 percent.

That means 95 percent of those players SHOULD cherish what the school is giving them to be utilized for life.
Truth be told it's probably more along the lines of 97 %

Did I mention it's GIVEN to them for their athletic services. Not being sarcastic toward you as I already know you're well aware.

All that money coming in is SUPPOSED to go to educational departments and athletic departments.
The student athlete can benefit from both. More athletic money means better preparation(coaches, individual attention) all possibly helping in a draft to play on Sunday.

More educational money means better degree/preparation for the real world which nearly every player will need as most are NOT going pro.

That's how it's "supposed" to work.
Exactly how ND "thinks" it should work.

Sadly society has become a gimme that, it's mine!

These absurd numbers being paid for TV deals, bowl games etc etc...

It's not relative though.

A player looks at the astronomical number and thinks ai should get sone of that.
Yep...what about the players that HELPED you achieve such success enabling you a ridiculous NIL.

I gotta tell ya...
The Leonard cat just signed a Gillette deal worth 625k...
He can't even grow a Pilgrim beard.

Yet somehow Gillette feels like he will sell them razors and paying him 625 k.

That's 125k less than an NFL minimum salary. A player who actually made the Sunday dance.

Something just a little off with this?

I'd certainly say so.

Besides I want our ND QB to be a damn man and use a straight razor!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Things are in a weird place with CFB and only getting worse every six months.

What garbage.
ND football has been and always WILL BE very separate from the rest of the athletic program. Only nominally part of it.
Any REAL fan knows this
What gibberish. What are you even talking about? Whatever you think about ND being independent and the tradition of that, and "we don't need a conference!", those days are coming to an end. Get that thru your head. It's not 1990. I wish it was too. But the independence thing is OVER. It was over 10 years ago when Swarbrick hitched our wagon to a basketball conference. We haven't been truly independent since 2013.

What gibberish. What are you even talking about? Whatever you think about ND being independent and the tradition of that, and "we don't need a conference!", those days are coming to an end. Get that thru your head. It's not 1990. I wish it was too. But the independence thing is OVER. It was over 10 years ago when Swarbrick hitched our wagon to a basketball conference. We haven't been truly independent since 2013.

This is all speculation on your part. You don't know the future any more than anyone else.

Reactions: Classic Irish
This is all speculation on your part. You don't know the future any more than anyone else.
I know the future more than him.
ND will remain independent.

They're the only school that can pull it off.

Notre Dame will remain Independent because that's what the Notre Dame Admin wants to do. And the new lucrative apparel deal, the richest in CFB, and the new television deal, only solidifies their Football Independence.

Reactions: Classic Irish
Notre Dame will remain Independent because that's what the Notre Dame Admin wants to do. And the new lucrative apparel deal, the richest in CFB, and the new television deal, only solidifies their Football Independence.
Sjb75, you know as well as I do, while ND absolutely loves being independent this whole thing is moving quickly. It's going to be two mega conferences only. And soon. Contracts will be torn up all around. Follow the money.

Sjb75, you know as well as I do, while ND absolutely loves being independent this whole thing is moving quickly. It's going to be two mega conferences only. And soon. Contracts will be torn up all around. Follow the money.

Once again, pure speculation. Whenever someone says something WILL happen, more often than not, it doesn't happen.

Reactions: NDinNJ
TP--- Notre Dame has been following their own money, and answering to no one regarding football, for decades.

Reactions: NDinNJ
1. New NBC deal rumor has it around 50 million/per year. Add in ACC share of another 20 mil that's 70 mil/ yr. - CHECK

2. Access to National Championship/CFP, expanded to 12 teams and includes 7 at-large bids - CHECK

3. Scheduling. Top tier teams still want to play ND. Playing ND is a big money maker - CHECK

ND = INDEPENDENCE

1. New NBC deal rumor has it around 50 million/per year. Add in ACC share of another 20 mil that's 70 mil/ yr. - CHECK

2. Access to National Championship/CFP, expanded to 12 teams and includes 7 at-large bids - CHECK

3. Scheduling. Top tier teams still want to play ND. Playing ND is a big money maker - CHECK

ND = INDEPENDENCE
For now. Give it a few months.

For now. Give it a few months.
For Now?

NBC deal is 5 years, access to NC is ongoing with no end in sight, and scheduling won't change because scheduling ND is a ratings and money maker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT