ADVERTISEMENT

Some here love ND in the ACC

What I see happening is mega conferences with divisions feeding their top teams to the playoffs much like the NFL, with division winners and wild card teams. My fear is ND becoming isolated and left out. And I think that because times have changed and there is so much money involved that nobody will care if ND is in or out.
Money does not decide everything; and you also forget that there are going to be viable teams that are willing to play ND and as long as we win ten we are in. You keep wanting to find ways to say it will not happen but reality is that we are OK as long as we have a strong program. You do realize there are only going to be maybe two or three mega conferences right? And two division to each conference means a likely total of 6. of those six THREE will be conference champions. So plenty of slots to go around.
There are only about 30 programs that really can be called possible playoff contenders in any one year. Spread out in three conferences that means they are going to get beat up in conference play.

Money does not decide everything; and you also forget that there are going to be viable teams that are willing to play ND and as long as we win ten we are in. You keep wanting to find ways to say it will not happen but reality is that we are OK as long as we have a strong program. You do realize there are only going to be maybe two or three mega conferences right? And two division to each conference means a likely total of 6. of those six THREE will be conference champions. So plenty of slots to go around.
There are only about 30 programs that really can be called possible playoff contenders in any one year. Spread out in three conferences that means they are going to get beat up in conference play.
I do hope you are right. I just see college athletics blowing up in ways that we would have never thought possible even five years ago.

Sheep...You're just one of the flock
Find me anything published that disputes my claims. Show me anything at all that has another conference ahead of the SEC on aggregate in college football over the last 15 years.

What I see happening is mega conferences with divisions feeding their top teams to the playoffs much like the NFL, with division winners and wild card teams. My fear is ND becoming isolated and left out. And I think that because times have changed and there is so much money involved that nobody will care if ND is in or out.
Hang in there.

I think it should be heavily computer/formula based and definitely not by win-loss record (where you have teams in two separate conferences playing wildly varying levels of competition).
Oh please....
It's easier to stay healthy when you play in such a cozy climate all year. It's easier to look your best when the ball isn't slick on a cold wintry low humidity day. That leather gets damn slick certain times of the year that the SEC refuses to participate in.

The SEC REFUSES...at least those who matter in the SEC...they absolutely won't play North the Mason Dixon line post Halloween.

That's not done by accident!

I think initially that is correct, but I think long term, ND is being painted into a corner.
No!

Long term it will be even better.

You watch ...and I promise you it's coming...

With the BIG10 now trying to be the BIGUNION and have teams from coast to coast above the south....

These teams are going to ask for more open slots to play more intere$ting games.

With 12 teams making a playoff which will soon be 16....teams will definitely be vying for the best resume to get inclusion.

Those who are willing to take on a challenge for their team outside it's comfort zone will be rewarded.

Oh please....
It's easier to stay healthy when you play in such a cozy climate all year. It's easier to look your best when the ball isn't slick on a cold wintry low humidity day. That leather gets damn slick certain times of the year that the SEC refuses to participate in.

The SEC REFUSES...at least those who matter in the SEC...they absolutely won't play North the Mason Dixon line post Halloween.

Reading this crap is rough.

Reactions: notredamerises23
No!

Long term it will be even better.

You watch ...and I promise you it's coming...

With the BIG10 now trying to be the BIGUNION and have teams from coast to coast above the south....

These teams are going to ask for more open slots to play more intere$ting games.

With 12 teams making a playoff which will soon be 16....teams will definitely be vying for the best resume to get inclusion.

Those who are willing to take on a challenge for their team outside it's comfort zone will be rewarded.
And more from our resident expert.

Reactions: Pennick4
Find me anything published that disputes my claims. Show me anything at all that has another conference ahead of the SEC on aggregate in college football over the last 15 years.
Did you ever play? You ever coach?

There is no way to answer you on that just as the same as you can't make it automatic claim you're trying so hard to do.

#1 the SEC refuses to play North the Mason Dixon line post Halloween.
The ones who matter anyway...

Rain, snow, sleet, windy and low humidity...etc can all impact a game, injuries and so on.
It's easy to play your best when you're in the utmost comfy climate.

Georgia was prime for the taking this year. Law of averages kick in when you haven't lost in a while. It just happens.
Humans...don't remain hungry after a certain point and it's easier to play the role of David than Goliath.
Alabama needed a miracle to beat a bad Auburn team the week prior.
Got whooped by Texas at home.
But you go on and connect those computer dots like another sheep...or rather what the Shepherd told you. Shepherd being ESPN.

You obviously don't realize just how much this stuff is media driven.
If ESPN...the hosts of the playoff games...says it's so...then that must make it gospel, huh.
The SEC has been the flavor of the last two decades.

Experience...
If you put the SEC and their COACH in the playoffs enough it suddenly becomes a lot easier for that team to perform in such a fashion. They've been there before. They know what it's like, etc...

See #1
Without enough crossover games it's utterly impossible to give you the four best teams.
Its pure speculation and hypothetical decisions.

Example...if your BS politics aren't at play can you tell me right now that Washington isn't the best team and Oregon the second best team?
Can you definitively say that?
The Ducks two losses were by a combined 7 points (less than Alabama's 1 loss at home mind you) to the same undefeated Husky team.
Bama got whooped at home to a team that lost a game to a multi loss OU team.
The Ducks lost by 3 on the road and by 4 at a neutral site.

Can you DEFINITIVELY say that Washington isn't #1 and Oregon #2?

NOPE!!

This is one tiny example of many over the years that you can take your computer, media driven flock of sheep horseshit and shove it.

P.s.
Don't say someone "earned it"

See Florida State

There is no way to answer you on that just as the same as you can't make it automatic claim you're trying so hard to do.

Rain, snow, sleet, windy and low humidity...etc can all impact a game, injuries and so on.

Georgia was prime for the taking this year. Law of averages kick in when you haven't lost in a while. It just happens.
Humans...don't remain hungry after a certain point and it's easier to play the role of David than Goliath.
But you go on and connect those computer dots like another sheep...or rather what the Shepherd told you. Shepherd being ESPN.

If ESPN...the hosts of the playoff games...says it's so...then that must make it gospel, huh.

Experience...
If you put the SEC and their COACH in the playoffs enough it suddenly becomes a lot easier for that team to perform in such a fashion. They've been there before. They know what it's like, etc...

See #1
Without enough crossover games it's utterly impossible to give you the four best teams.

Example...if your BS politics aren't at play can you tell me right now that Washington isn't the best team and Oregon the second best team?
The Ducks two losses were by a combined 7 points (less than Alabama's 1 loss at home mind you) to the same undefeated Husky team.

NOPE!!

This is one tiny example of many over the years that you can take your computer, media driven flock of sheep horseshit and shove it.

P.s.

See Florida State
Garbage.

Experience...

See #1

NOPE!!

P.s.

See Florida State
Again. Garbage.

There has been chatter among the SEC that they need to absorb the ACC schools to keep the BUG out of the south. The BUG has all or most of the big media markets but the SEC can hang on to most of the great football talent pools. IF that happens I hope ND goes south.

There has been chatter among the SEC that they need to absorb the ACC schools to keep the BUG out of the south. The BUG has all or most of the big media markets but the SEC can hang on to most of the great football talent pools. IF that happens I hope ND goes south.
They might go south alright...just not the south you speak of.

When the government gets involved and allows these schools to just pay the players it might very well be the moment ND excuses itself.

They hate the NIL but will never publicly admit that.
They certainly aren't going to start paying it's players.

Notre Dame will be in the conference formerly known as the big ten sooner rather than later. That's going to happen. And it needs to happen.
Why.? Don’t just troll, add some substance. I’d like to know your thoughts

Why.? Don’t just troll, add some substance. I’d like to know your thoughts
Because #1, we're not going to have a choice. The ACC is going to implode shortly. Also, don't underestimate Pete Bevaqua being the new AD. He's the former president of NBC Sports. He signed the Big Ten to NBC. We just re-upped with NBC. It's not hard to see where this is heading. It's gonna be two super conferences. Well, we won't be joining the SEC. Connect the dots.

• Sad
Reactions: tbonesays
Because #1, we're not going to have a choice. The ACC is going to implode shortly. Also, don't underestimate Pete Bevaqua being the new AD. He's the former president of NBC Sports. He signed the Big Ten to NBC. We just re-upped with NBC. It's not hard to see where this is heading. It's gonna be two super conferences. Well, we won't be joining the SEC. Connect the dots.
Is that what you hope for?

You'll be disappointed.

The Irish absolutely positively cherish their independence.

Realize this...

The Irish ....
One could say are living off the Holtz years with the TV contract.

All it takes is a title and looky looky looky...
Another 38 year interest automatically?

The Irish are NOT going to a conference.

• Haha
Reactions: TPirish
They might go south alright...just not the south you speak of.

When the government gets involved and allows these schools to just pay the players it might very well be the moment ND excuses itself.

They certainly aren't going to start paying it's players.
Maybe. It would cure the anomaly. Right now the players are being paid but not by the company they work for. While it may seem nice to have someone else pay your employees, they don't have the loyalty that they should.

Is that what you hope for?

You'll be disappointed.

The Irish absolutely positively cherish their independence.

Realize this...

The Irish ....
One could say are living off the Holtz years with the TV contract.

All it takes is a title and looky looky looky...
Another 38 year interest automatically?

The Irish are NOT going to a conference.
Notre Dame is most certainly going to a conference. Notre Dame has basically been IN a conference for 10 years now, with this stupid agreement with the ACC. "All it takes is a title." Oh, why didn't you say so!?
We've been waiting for a title for 35 years now. The days of being "independent" are numbered. You're going to be very disappointed because its coming very soon.

This is a complete lie. If you do a bit of reading you'll realize Notre Dame was at the forefront of NIL. What ND hates is how it's being exploited and not being followed within the guidelines set forth by the NCAA.

Notre Dame is most certainly going to a conference. Notre Dame has basically been IN a conference for 10 years now, with this stupid agreement with the ACC. "All it takes is a title." Oh, why didn't you say so!?
We've been waiting for a title for 35 years now. The days of being "independent" are numbered. You're going to be very disappointed because its coming very soon.
You will probably be suicidal when it doesn't.

Once again just because you want it to happen does not mean it will
ND will EASILY make the playoffs as long as we have a program as strong as it is now. The talent is there for that; we need our HC to mature and get a better staff. THAT has nothing to do with being in a conference.

Reactions: 88ND
This is a complete lie. If you do a bit of reading you'll realize Notre Dame was at the forefront of NIL. What ND hates is how it's being exploited and not being followed within the guidelines set forth by the NCAA.
So you say it's a lie....then reaffirm my statement by saying they only hate how it's exploited.

Alrighty then.

When the government gets involved and just says let the university pay these players ....because that's coming....
What do you think will happen?

I know you hope and pray that ND joins a conference but that's not happening.

ND absolutely loves their independence

• Haha
Reactions: TPirish
I know you hope and pray that ND joins a conference but that's not happening.

ND absolutely loves their independence
I never said I "hoped and prayed" for Notre Dame to join a conference. And ND gave up their independence 10 years ago when they essentially joined that basketball conference, the ACC. At this juncture, Notre Dame needs to join the former big ten to avoid being on the outside looking in. Because all that will be left will be the former big ten and the sec. We won't be joining the SEC.

I never said I "hoped and prayed" for Notre Dame to join a conference. And ND gave up their independence 10 years ago when they essentially joined that basketball conference, the ACC. At this juncture, Notre Dame needs to join the former big ten to avoid being on the outside looking in. Because all that will be left will be the former big ten and the sec. We won't be joining the SEC.
What garbage.
ND football has been and always WILL BE very separate from the rest of the athletic program. Only nominally part of it.
Any REAL fan knows this

Reactions: tbonesays
Yeah...
They never played in the Big East for other sports...eh'

For Christ sake they aren't getting left out of anything. Perhaps you can stop watching and rooting until they join a conference that you're pushing so hard for.

Oh please....

I can’t believe anyone is still spouting this Mason-Dixon line argument like it is 1992 or whatever lol

Yeah...
They never played in the Big East for other sports...eh'

For Christ sake they aren't getting left out of anything. Perhaps you can stop watching and rooting until they join a conference that you're pushing so hard for.
Do you want a tissue? Wow, you’re this bad now. I can’t imagine how you’ll be when we join the former big ten.

What garbage.
ND football has been and always WILL BE very separate from the rest of the athletic program. Only nominally part of it.
Any REAL fan knows this
Gee, thanks for the info. It still doesn’t change the fact that we’re already not independent like we once were. And we’ll be joining a conference full time. And soon.

So you say it's a lie....then reaffirm my statement by saying they only hate how it's exploited.

Alrighty then.

When the government gets involved and just says let the university pay these players ....because that's coming....
What do you think will happen?
The government isn't going to get involved because the new president of the NCAA is already forming a proposal to create a new subdivision for the wealthiest schools/programs, which will allow them to pay players directly. I posted the article in another thread. I also stated, if this proposal is ultimately approved ND will have to make a decision.

The government isn't going to get involved because the new president of the NCAA is already forming a proposal to create a new subdivision for the wealthiest schools/programs, which will allow them to pay players directly. I posted the article in another thread. I also stated, if this proposal is ultimately approved ND will have to make a decision.
Oh...the Govt is getting involved....

That said I thought ND loved the NIL...

It's all smoke and mirrors...

if ND says they dislike then they get no players.

Going from look the other way if Gillete razor sponsor's some kid that will never play on Sunday's is one thing.

Paying players straight from the vault @ SouthBend is something they will NOT do.

Going from look the other way if Gillete razor sponsor's some kid that will never play on Sunday's is one thing.

Paying players straight from the vault @ SouthBend is something they will NOT do.
you clearly don't know the difference between NIL and schools making direct payments to players.

I suggest you read up on what NIL actually is.

How many degrees of separation to make it all right?

you clearly don't know the difference between NIL and schools making direct payments to players.

I suggest you read up on what NIL actually is.
You clearly aren't getting this.

Or rather refuse to get it.

Ever listen to a politician speak?

ND can and must say one thing because there's a lot of money at s(tv)ake...
While feeling something completely different. They aren't pioneers here. Politicians do it everyday.

Regardless when the shoe drops on just pay the players directly ND will just excuse itself from this altogether.

I don't think they'll be alone.

The college game is a million miles from where it should be. College is NOT supposed to be the NFL light and it has gotten so far from its purpose and worsening by the moment.

You clearly aren't getting this.

Or rather refuse to get it.

Ever listen to a politician speak?

ND can and must say one thing because there's a lot of money at s(tv)ake...
While feeling something completely different. They aren't pioneers here. Politicians do it everyday.

Regardless when the shoe drops on just pay the players directly ND will just excuse itself from this altogether.

I don't think they'll be alone.

The college game is a million miles from where it should be. College is NOT supposed to be the NFL light and it has gotten so far from its purpose and worsening by the moment.
Again, what part of "NIL is completely different from schools paying players directly" don't you understand.

Notre Dame can support NIL and at the same time be against paying players directly. That's not a complex concept.

Why I said if it goes the route of paying players directly, ND will need to make a decision, and they may indeed bow out.

Again, what part of "NIL is completely different from schools paying players directly" don't you understand.

Notre Dame can support NIL and at the same time be against paying players directly. That's not a complex concept.

Why I said if it goes the route of paying players directly, ND will need to make a decision, and they may indeed bow out.
The payments to player is coming from Big Money Donors. Even if ND was 'paying directly' they would be using donated cash. It is actually more efficient for BMDs to sign NIL contracts with those players but as discussed it is a conflict of interest. Therefore when the dust settles there will be some type of fake 3rd party that handles the payments but likely answers to the schools.

Zing...right over your head...

Allow me to repeat...

one m🙄re time.

ND does NOT like the NIL. Contrary to what you WANT to believe...they do NOT like it.
#1 They can't do anything about it...
No different than Tommy Z making bank on boxing or a baseball player getting a contract.
No different.

#2 they knew exactly where this "NIL" would go...and it has.
They hate the NIL....

But...

You won't hear them say a word about that as that's recruiting suicide.

It's tough enough a kid needs to have English as his fourth language and be fluent in Russian, Dutch, Spanish and Chinese...to be considered for a scholarship...

Coming out opposed to anything NIL or NIL related is death to recruiting and that nice pretty NBC contract.
Thus hey do the politician talk.
Say what you want to hear while believing in the other.

When the Govt gets involved...and that IS COMING...
The Govt will just remove all the outlying nonsense and say just pay the players.

The end of ND football as we know it.

Quite possibly it could be the best thing, a silver lining if you will.
We won't be the only one's who remove ourselves from participating under those terms.
Many schools will follow suit and the NCAA as you know it today will be a tiny shadow if itself.

Something has to give but be sure it won't be ND GIVing in to paying players.

I said a year ago in five years NCAA football, as you know it, will implode and you can thank the NIL

Zing...right over your head...

Allow me to repeat...

one m🙄re time.

ND does NOT like the NIL. Contrary to what you WANT to believe...they do NOT like it.
#1 They can't do anything about it...
No different than Tommy Z making bank on boxing or a baseball player getting a contract.
No different.

#2 they knew exactly where this "NIL" would go...and it has.
They hate the NIL....

But...

You won't hear them say a word about that as that's recruiting suicide.

It's tough enough a kid needs to have English as his fourth language and be fluent in Russian, Dutch, Spanish and Chinese...to be considered for a scholarship...

Coming out opposed to anything NIL or NIL related is death to recruiting and that nice pretty NBC contract.
Thus hey do the politician talk.
Say what you want to hear while believing in the other.

When the Govt gets involved...and that IS COMING...
The Govt will just remove all the outlying nonsense and say just pay the players.

The end of ND football as we know it.

Quite possibly it could be the best thing, a silver lining if you will.
We won't be the only one's who remove ourselves from participating under those terms.
Many schools will follow suit and the NCAA as you know it today will be a tiny shadow if itself.

Something has to give but be sure it won't be ND GIVing in to paying players.

I said a year ago in five years NCAA football, as you know it, will implode and you can thank the NIL
Someone give me an advil.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDinNJ
It is not a great surprise that the admin does not like to pay for the dangerous labor that had always gotten for near free, and makes the school millions. However the theory that ND will give up such an integral part of its identity because it is uncomfortable.

Reactions: notredamerises23
your 'facts' are fantasy
ok.
Charlie Day Ok GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT