ADVERTISEMENT

Sitting at 19

Golson5

All Star
Apr 15, 2019
Okay, we're at 19 commits in the 2023 class. We have an elite class up to this point. But we have to close strong to finish top 5 and possibly top 3

Who's next and what's ahead

The next 4 I feel best about is Hanafin, Greathouse, Ausberry and Jason Moore

If we land those 4, that will lock up a top 5 class.

After that who is left on the board

Love, Young, Freeling, Mpemba, Downs, Dante Moore

That's big game hunting to try and land a number 1 class. That will be tough. Love is most likely of the group

Then it's can we flip anyone or land a QB in the 23 class

Going to be a great finish !

Reactions: theskibro
Okay, we're at 19 commits in the 2023 class. We have an elite class up to this point. But we have to close strong to finish top 5 and possibly top 3

Who's next and what's ahead

The next 4 I feel best about is Hanafin, Greathouse, Ausberry and Jason Moore

If we land those 4, that will lock up a top 5 class.

After that who is left on the board

Love, Young, Freeling, Mpemba, Downs, Dante Moore

That's big game hunting to try and land a number 1 class. That will be tough. Love is most likely of the group

Then it's can we flip anyone or land a QB in the 23 class

Going to be a great finish !

Let’s for fun assume the following. We get:

J Moore, Ausberry, Hanafin, Greathouse, Love, and CJ Carr/flip a 4 star QB to finish ‘23. Where are we ranked compared to the last 3 years in recruiting?

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
I wish Dante Moore would reconsider, but I know it’s highly unlikely

I wish Dante Moore would reconsider, but I know it’s highly unlikely

If he doesn’t want to be part of this historic, ridiculously talented class, he’s not the kind of kid we want. He’s absolutely bat shit crazy not to want to be part of it, particularly based on the amount of money ND is likely comping some of these other programs.

He’s made it clear that he wanted the highest amount of money and the least competition as well as caring little about what the class he is coming into looks like. He also apparently broke his word, and all you got is your word when it comes to character. I hate to say it, but those are very bad character traits. He and CJ are the complete opposite personalities. Perhaps there was a better all in kid in ‘23, but it’s too late. If he changed his mind and headed to SB, everyone would embrace him, forget everything the instant he came back, but I just don’t think he’s that kind of kid, unfortunately.

Last edited:
If he doesn’t want to be part of this historic, ridiculously talented class, he’s not the kind of kid we want. He’s absolutely bat shit crazy not to want to be part of it, particularly based on the amount of money ND is likely comping some of these other programs.

Anything is possible

Let’s for fun assume the following. We get:

J Moore, Ausberry, Hanafin, Greathouse, Love, and CJ Carr/flip a 4 star QB to finish ‘23. Where are we ranked compared to the last 3 years in recruiting?
Without the QB

22 - 4th
21 - 3rd
20 - 4th

I suspect he might now because of the possible blow up of the Pac12. I know I'm biased and I'm aware of the NIL rumors but with this class coming together. I'd much rather go to ND than Oregon or Michigan. T A&M I would understand.
Oregon is offering him a lot of money and his parents jobs. Very tough to turn down

I think they didn’t factor in the ROI on ND, travel expenses, what to do if those jobs don’t work out, fit, etc. The what if you’re a bust? What’s your career path? Once you don’t pan out, OR and Nike will spit your ass out. ND won’t.

My guess is the difference in cash between ND and OR is not that wide of a margin. ND isn’t paying chump change, but if OR doesn’t put him in the NFL and ND would have, it’s a long term mistake. The race for cash with him was always obvious. They didn’t understand the client.

Oregon is offering him a lot of money and his parents jobs. Very tough to turn down
You know more than I do, so I'll take your word for it. I guess my question would be, is it really that much more? For those concerned about ND competing in the NIL Era, as reflected in the current commits, ND doesn't seem to have a disadvantage, if at all.

Reactions: IrishBeer
Without the QB

22 - 4th
21 - 3rd
20 - 4th

With CJ would be interesting. I imagine we could have a situation where rivals has us as #1, but not On3, and composite has us at 3. That paired with #7 last year, #9 the previous, and hopefully a top 10 in ‘24, would be quite good. 2025 and 2026 teams would be ferocious. I think if TR leaves for HC, MF will land an even better recruiter. It would be hard to lose with that talent. Just needs development and tenacity.

Last edited:
You know more than I do, so I'll take your word for it. I guess my question would be, is it really that much more? For those concerned about ND competing in the NIL Era, as reflected in the current commits, ND doesn't seem to have a disadvantage, if at all.
Well if the reports are true, i think we all know for a fact that ND isnt offering any parents any jobs. So thats one thing

And the number floated around was 1.3 million I believe

And after he’s done at Oregon, the parents will likely be unemployed and moving back to Detroit. Very shady practice. Same happens when kids HS coaches of major recruits are suddenly hired by college programs. I’m not saying it doesn’t sometimes work out, but it doesn’t more than it does.

Reactions: jrndmd
Without a top rated QB, if we miss on Moore (dl) and Downs we will likely be in the 5-6 range at best. It just becomes a numbers game. If we don't get Moore we aren't going for another dl. If we opt not to take a top QB or can't flip someone than that's one more schollie saved.

If the class ends up with 25-26 recruits it's almost impossible to break top 5. Bama and Georgia will likely end up with 28-30 kids. OSU is looking at 26-27 kids which is high for them. Other southern schools will go all the way up to 30 kids.

Don't get pulled into worrying about recruiting rankings. It means nothing. Those southern schools will go tell a soph or Jr that they need to transfer to make room for that tweener recruit. ND won't do that. Better to lock in 23-24 and go big game hunting and save schollies for next year which is very good in the north.

And after he’s done at Oregon, the parents will likely be unemployed and moving back to Detroit. Very shady practice. Same happens when kids HS coaches of major recruits are suddenly hired by college programs. I’m not saying it doesn’t sometimes work out, but it doesn’t more than it does.
Marcus Mariota and Justin Herbert say hi.

Without a top rated QB, if we miss on Moore (dl) and Downs we will likely be in the 5-6 range at best. It just becomes a numbers game. If we don't get Moore we aren't going for another dl. If we opt not to take a top QB or can't flip someone than that's one more schollie saved.

If the class ends up with 25-26 recruits it's almost impossible to break top 5. Bama and Georgia will likely end up with 28-30 kids. OSU is looking at 26-27 kids which is high for them. Other southern schools will go all the way up to 30 kids.

Don't get pulled into worrying about recruiting rankings. It means nothing. Those southern schools will go tell a soph or Jr that they need to transfer to make room for that tweener recruit. ND won't do that. Better to lock in 23-24 and go big game hunting and save schollies for next year which is very good in the north.
This is wrong

This is correct.

It’s about wins and losses vs other teams, not scores and points.
You were the one who brought up the recruiting ranking. Now you say it doesnt matter. Stick to a subject. Stop changing to fit your narrative.

This class is already rated higher than last years if we dont add another player.

Can we move on now to you crying about something else

You were the one who brought up the recruiting ranking. Now you say it doesnt matter. Stick to a subject. Stop changing to fit your narrative.

This class is already rated higher than last years if we dont add another player.

Can we move on now to you crying about something else

Wins and losses via recruiting. Get out of here with your points to last year. It’s 2022.

It's already better. If they are 7 or 37, this class is better

You're back to talking about 22 again

Wrong. If there are 6 teams that are better, you’re not better in regards to your competition. It’s about the competition. Doesn’t matter if the class is better if 6 teams still out recruited you. Won’t make a damn bit of difference. Some years are stronger than others. It’s about beating the competition.

Wrong. If there are 6 teams that are better, you’re not better. It’s about the competition. Doesn’t matter if the class is better if 6 teams still out recruited you. Won’t make a damn bit of difference.
Not true

Would you rather have more talent or less talent?

You obviously want less talent. You're here saying you'd take less good players as long as others have lesser players. That is beyond dumb.

You want and need talent. Class rank will fluctuate year to year but in the end, you need the talent. You want less talent and to be ranked higher. That is beyond dumb

Not true

You obviously want less talent. You're here saying you'd take less good players as long as others have lesser players. That is beyond dumb.

You want and need talent. Class rank will fluctuate year to year but in the end, you need the talent. You want less talent and to be ranked higher. That is beyond dumb

If you lose a game and scored 55 points you still lost. I think it’s over your head.

Not true

Sure, if we finished number 1 with less talent because the talent was spread out across the nation, that would befit us. It’s the same as winning a title. Doesn’t matter how many points you score. It matters if you win.

Sure, if we finished number 1 with less talent because the talent was spread out across the nation, that would befit us. It’s the same as winning a title. Doesn’t matter how many points you score. It matters if you win.
This is so dumb. You are really something

You dont play freshman vs freshman. We're adding these guys to the team with the goal of winning.

You need to add talent. We're adding more talent this class than previous. And hopefully next year we add more talent than this class.

Rankings fluctuate. Some teams take 30 players. It alters the rankings. We're increasing our talent. Thats the goal

This is so dumb. You are really something

You dont play freshman vs freshman. We're adding these guys to the team with the goal of winning.

You need to add talent. We're adding more talent this class than previous. And hopefully next year we add more talent than this class.

Rankings fluctuate. Some teams take 30 players. It alters the rankings. We're increasing our talent. Thats the goal

Bama doesn’t “fluctuate.”

I think you’re experiencing some cognitive dissonance. We all like MF, just not as much as you. He’s recruiting well. But if he can’t beat the top teams in recruiting, he’s not really doing much. We haven’t been top 5 in a long time. Make all the excuses you want. Fact is MF has yet to land a top 5 class. It appears he may not do that in year 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT