ADVERTISEMENT

Showing my age

Other schools will be copying it. That's the guarantee. Copy in some form.

Miami started the smoke on entrance. That was copied. Canes fans were the first to hold up four fingers entering the fourth quarter. Now you'd be hard pressed to find a fan base that doesn't do it.

It's awesome for me because I started attending games as a kid in the Ted Hendricks era. I had no idea we'd ever be relevant, let alone trendsetting and jealousy inspiring.

The U on the helmet, that was actually the beginning. We had bland helmets prior to that. I wish I could say I loved the U immediately but that's not the case. However, my dad was a psychology professor, Canes alumnus, and very sharp. He said from the outset that the U would be so overanalyzed by paranoid opposing fan bases that it would be hilarious to behold.

Reactions: Saccitycane
When in doubt pull out those cards.. racism, Trump,

Aaahhh..the good old Trump card. When in doubt drop the Trump card.

Trump was not mentioned first. "Hillary" and "Libtard" were. But yeah, that's typical right wing filth for you. Attack politically first and then play victim when someone calls you on it..

Miami started the smoke on entrance. That was copied. Canes fans were the first to hold up four fingers entering the fourth quarter. Now you'd be hard pressed to find a fan base that doesn't do it.

It's awesome for me because I started attending games as a kid in the Ted Hendricks era. I had no idea we'd ever be relevant, let alone trendsetting and jealousy inspiring.

The U on the helmet, that was actually the beginning. We had bland helmets prior to that. I wish I could say I loved the U immediately but that's not the case. However, my dad was a psychology professor, Canes alumnus, and very sharp. He said from the outset that the U would be so overanalyzed by paranoid opposing fan bases that it would be hilarious to behold.
The U....
That term was started about fifteen years ago.

When Miami was off the radar again previous hurricanes thought it would be cool to just say The U.

Miami is not some pioneer with the stupid childish gimmicks post turnover.

If it wasn't look at me ripping their helmet off then it has to be hurry over and get a piece of garbage chinese made chain....

And guess what they get that chain for,,,doing what they're supposed to do. Make a play.

Last i checked that was the intent on playing defense in football, no? Stoo the offense and take the ball away if possible.

Now we get chains.

Maybe next year they'll give out passing grades instead.

Whoa

Reactions: rgc7
Uh no. Preferring a blue shirt to orange, is not a value, because there is no reason to suppose everyone should wear the same color shirt. I am saying the Miami chain is reflective of a sense of narcissism as a value, which ought to be rejected by everyone.

You're right, blue vs orange is not a value. It's arbitrary BS. Calling the turnover chain "narcissism" is arbitrary BS. Yet YOU attach a value to it. But it's your perception only, it's not anything empirical. But underlying your arbitrary value is a disgusting trash value: your resentment and hatred of individualism - which is not the same thing as narcissism.

And guess what they get that chain for,,,doing what they're supposed to do. Make a play.

Last i checked that was the intent on playing defense in football, no? Stoo the offense and take the ball away if possible. Now we get chains.

Looks like the chain works. Maybe ND could use one.

Trump was not mentioned first. "Hillary" and "Libtard" were. But yeah, that's typical right wing filth for you. Attack politically first and then play victim when someone calls you on it..
Ready? 2+2 is ????

You replied directly to me with a Trump comment. I said nothing whatsoever about any politician.

Every time you respond you remove absolutely all doubt regarding your intelligence because you clearly cement the lack of it.

The chain is childish. That's fact.

You dropping the race card because someone is criticizing the chain you either have a guilty conscience about the race you think is being made fun of it you're just that stupid and ignorant to actually think it's racism.

Either way you are dumb or ignorant.

No no, dumb AND ignorant.

Ready? 2+2 is ????

You replied directly to me with a Trump comment. I said nothing whatsoever about any politician.

Every time you respond you remove absolutely all doubt regarding your intelligence because you clearly cement the lack of it.

The chain is childish. That's fact.

You dropping the race card because someone is criticizing the chain you either have a guilty conscience about the race you think is being made fun of it you're just that stupid and ignorant to actually think it's racism.

Either way you are dumb or ignorant.

No no, dumb AND ignorant.

Every post of yours is so full of ad hominem it's impossible to stomach. That ND edjycashun I guess. If you have an actual point in there, fish it out of the garbage and I'll look at it.

Every post of yours is so full of ad hominem it's impossible to stomach. That ND edjycashun I guess. If you have an actual point in there, fish it out of the garbage and I'll look at it.
It's obvious that the word "arbitrary" is new to your vocabulary. You keep using it over and over again as an attempt to gain some intelligence superiority over the people here. Maybe I'm mistaken, do you have a better edjycashun than people who went to ND? I doubt it.

It's obvious that the word "arbitrary" is new to your vocabulary. You keep using it over and over again as an attempt to gain some intelligence superiority over the people here. Maybe I'm mistaken, do you have a better edjycashun than people who went to ND? I doubt it.

Oh. Are you another one of those who think one way of celebrating is good and righteous and another is bad, just.... well.... just because IT IS? If so, I can understand why the term arbitrary gives you trouble.

It's been fun getting a reminder of what (some) ND people are like. Just makes tonight even nicer. But I'll leave you to your misery as I have happier things to do. If you guys do happen to run into anyone wearing a gold chain, just do the priest chant from the Exorcist and I'm sure the evil individualists will leave you alone. Stay out of south Florida though. You don't handle it well.

It's been fun getting a reminder of what (some) ND people are like. Just makes tonight even nicer. But I'll leave you to your misery as I have happier things to do. If you guys do happen to run into anyone wearing a gold chain, just do the priest chant from the Exorcist and I'm sure the evil individualists will leave you alone. Stay out of south Florida though. You don't handle it well.
Not at all what I said. Thanks for the advice about staying out of south Florida. I will take you up on that request. If they are like you, I'm much more healthy in staying away.

Ok. Going to say it. Will be accused of all kinds of things. So be it. Will be 67 in a few weeks, so that is probably part of it. The turn over chain thing Miami has going for it smells like and looks like gangster rapp garbage. They look like fools doing it. Doesn't anyone have any pride anymore? I thought so when it was being talked about in pre-game, so has nothing to do with how the game went. Man, look like you have been there. I could have picked off a couple of those passes, and guys are running around with that stupid chain as if they just cured cancer.

Agree sir but talking to one of them and some of our idiotic fans is like talking to a Hillary supporter.

Ok. Going to say it. Will be accused of all kinds of things. So be it. Will be 67 in a few weeks, so that is probably part of it. The turn over chain thing Miami has going for it smells like and looks like gangster rapp garbage. They look like fools doing it. Doesn't anyone have any pride anymore? I thought so when it was being talked about in pre-game, so has nothing to do with how the game went. Man, look like you have been there. I could have picked off a couple of those passes, and guys are running around with that stupid chain as if they just cured cancer.

LOL...A little butt hurt are you? Now you have gone an insulted an entire nation. The 10K gold chain is a Cuban thing which has absolutely nothing to do with "gangster rapp garbage", but very representative of Miami due to the number of Cuban citizens who live there. Plus our DC, Coach Diaz, is Cuban (his father was formerly the Mayor of Miami). Some of you arrogant stuff-shirt type people think you are above all others. Since your SLOW, unenthusiastic team could not beat us, you decide to attack the chain......hilarious!
Hey, soon to be 67 year old fellow, we have been there, but we have a lot of enthusiasm unlike your team which was extremely boring...more like 3 yards in a cloud of dust type boring. Remember, these are 18 to 22 year old guys.

Last edited:
The U....

When Miami was off the radar again previous hurricanes thought it would be cool to just say The U.

If it wasn't look at me ripping their helmet off then it has to be hurry over and get a piece of garbage chinese made chain.... Uh oh, your stupidity is showing. It is a CUBAN thing, not Chinese. LOL, you are just another butt-hurt, poor-loser type ND fan.

Last i checked that was the intent on playing defense in football, no? Stoo the offense and take the ball away if possible.

Now we get chains.

Whoa

That's the guarantee? Really? What Miami is doing is already a copy of other schools. Bama does it. It's just a championship belt instead of a chain. This is not some original idea that the Canes have come up with all of the sudden but keep telling yourself you are revolutionizing the game with it.

LOL...A little butt hurt are you? Now you have gone an insulted an entire nation. The 10K gold chain is a Cuban thing which has absolutely nothing to do with "gangster rapp garbage", but very representative of Miami due to the number of Cuban citizens who live there. Plus our DC, Coach Diaz, is Cuban (his father was formerly the Mayor of Miami). Some of you arrogant stuff-shirt type people think you are above all others. Since your SLOW, unenthusiastic team could not beat us, you decide to attack the chain......hilarious!
Hey, soon to be 67 year old fellow, we have been there, but we have a lot of enthusiasm unlike your team which was extremely boring...more like 3 yards in a cloud of dust type boring. Remember, these are 18 to 22 year old guys.
Yes, I get it now. The 18-22 year olds of today are the 10-12 year olds of the past.

Seantaylorsghost, why so much hate? You have anger issues. Go see a therapist. As for the chain, I'm an old man too, but I like it. Whatever it takes to infuse passion and excitement into your kids and the crowd, as long as it is ethical, I'm for it. That is what makes college football the great game it is today. GO IRISH!

WOW, but you guys are butt-hurt.......LOVE IT!!!!

Hey, you gotta have some fun sometimes. I haven't seen it mentioned on your board which surprises me, but did you see what Braxton B. did when he came off the field after making the first touchdown? Don't know if you domers caught it, but we Canes sure did.

I saw it on espn around week 2. The same long haired dreadlocks dude number 13 came off the field put it on and started doing some kind of thriller dance. I took a pic of it on my phone along with the Texas AM Pimp cane they give out for the same thing. Sent it to all my friends basically "is this what footballs coming to?" So I feel ya. Having success with that kinda showboat shit makes it worse. To top it off the new vibe out there is if you aren't on board with it your a racist. So I guess I need to find a klan meeting. I've said it a hundred times and thankfully they've been dormant to for almost 20 years. Miami, when they're hot is the worst bunch of assholes in college football. Their fans even more so. I'm lucky I live in SOCAL. SC fans can be smug but they're not assholes and front runners like the U.

Really? You must have stolen it from my HS team in CA since we were doing it since the 70's. Our coaches made it known to us as freshman in the mid 80's. Holding up four fingers. LOL a little pretentious?

Like it was his word for the day

The U....

If it wasn't look at me ripping their helmet off then it has to be hurry over and get a piece of garbage chinese made chain....

Now we get chains.

Whoa
Enjoy ur pathetci rationalization. By the way how many National titles has Notre Dame won since the invention of electricity??
Keep watching those black and white movie reels. ND hasnt done shit in over 30years!
UM has higher academic standards than ND, next time know what ur talking bout before u speak FOOL

That's the guarantee? Really? What Miami is doing is already a copy of other schools. Bama does it. It's just a championship belt instead of a chain. This is not some original idea that the Canes have come up with all of the sudden but keep telling yourself you are revolutionizing the game with it.
100% Numerous other schools do it.
Miamis is just the best.
PERIOD!

You might be right but watch everyone try to have their own version of it soon.

It's the U, nuff said.

I saw it on espn around week 2. The same long haired dreadlocks dude number 13 came off the field put it on and started doing some kind of thriller dance. I took a pic of it on my phone along with the Texas AM Pimp cane they give out for the same thing. Sent it to all my friends basically "is this what footballs coming to?" So I feel ya. Having success with that kinda showboat shit makes it worse. To top it off the new vibe out there is if you aren't on board with it your a racist. So I guess I need to find a klan meeting. I've said it a hundred times and thankfully they've been dormant to for almost 20 years. Miami, when they're hot is the worst bunch of assholes in college football. Their fans even more so. I'm lucky I live in SOCAL. SC fans can be smug but they're not assholes and front runners like the U.

Yea, Southern Cal, where all the fruits and nuts reside. 'Nuff said!

Says the guy from the shit bag state notorious for things like "Florida headline or Onion headline." I'm moving from CA when I retire. I will be looking at every state except Florida. It's like CA except with bugs, humidity and hillbillies.

^^^ Next we'll hear about how the Canes were the first to dub this clip and everyone started copying them.

what is this about the 1,000th time someone used the Hitler Meltdown. Pride is always most visible before the fall.

I think we should give in and copy Miami. what do you think about my idea?

518rVA6LDpL._UX466_.jpg

The ND turnover Sombrero!

Reactions: BGI User 1596
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT