ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Day + Mike Yurcich + Offensive Talent

Funny. Same result as the Irish last year. Undefeated season. Beaten by Clemson in their last game.

"Beaten by Clemson in their last game."

Maybe in the end, same result, BUT -- in the middle of the 2nd quarter, this SHOULD have been a blowout! OSU settling for 3 FG's instead of TD's -- it should have been, minimum, 28-0 or 31-0 -- ND was not close last year.

So you have better sources than the Ohio state site covering Ohio State sports??

I highly doubt you have any inside info to OSUs program. Highly highly doubt it.

And if you do, theres no way its better sources that the site that covers them 12 months a year.

Sorry you were wrong.
absolutely i do in this case. i posted in another thread last friday that yurcich had taken the job and i even gave the compensation terms which haven't even been made public. Some facts for you. Yurcich accepted the Texas job before Christmas. Day and OSU were well aware of the offer as they were of Hafley and the BC job. Day understood Yurcichs desire to be a playcalling OC and told him he wouldn't stand in his way. Day also made it clear that he would remain the playcaller at OSU for the forseeable future. Day offered more money to try and get him to stay. Day also requested that Yurcich stay with OSU through the CFP. Yurcich and Texas agreed. Does anyone with half a brain really think Day would want him to remain if he really told him "to look for other jobs " ? what nonsense. you stick to the interent, I'll stick to the things I know for certain.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcswoopnh
Like I said, I respectfully disagree with you.

And if what you are saying is true, you're basically saying Ryan Day is a scumbag. Hes lying about a departing coach. Hes sullying the reputation of a departing coach when its not true, if what you are saying is true.

I dont believe that to be the case
how is he lying ? he never publicly said anything about wanting Yurcich to leave because that wasn't the case . why did he request he stick around for the CFP if what you posted was true ? makes no sense.

“The guys that cover ND are wrong all the friggen time. Like literally every podcast they something that's wrong. Some of it is because of narrative they have to pedal”

So true. There’s a lot of that around here too.

how is he lying ? he never publicly said anything about wanting Yurcich to leave because that wasn't the case . why did he request he stick around for the CFP if what you posted was true ? makes no sense.
The 247 site didn't just completely make up a story that Day asked him to look around and that Yurcich was a difficult person to work with. That came from inside the building. You may not like their sources but they aren't going to make a story completely up.

Somehow that got out and people from inside the football office arent going to tell a site that type of information without the Head man knowing about it. Read it on 2 sites now actually.

Kelly never came out publicly and said Long was a difficult person to work with. But somehow all the ND sites have the same info that Long was difficult to work with and play for.

Im going to go with the site who covers the program on a daily and a respectable one in 247

The 247 site didn't just completely make up a story that Day asked him to look around and that Yurcich was a difficult person to work with. That came from inside the building. You may not like their sources but they aren't going to make a story completely up.

Somehow that got out and people from inside the football office arent going to tell a site that type of information without the Head man knowing about it. Read it on 2 sites now actually.

Kelly never came out publicly and said Long was a difficult person to work with. But somehow all the ND sites have the same info that Long was difficult to work with and play for.

Im going to go with the site who covers the program on a daily and a respectable one in 247
Feel free. I've been privy to things they haven't.

He was so difficult to work with they requested him to stay with the program through the playoff. Makes sense right ?

He was so difficult to work with they requested him to stay with the program through the playoff. Makes sense right ?
Ive only seen one head coach ask a coach to leave before a big game like this... Saban.

No way was he going to can him before the biggest game of the season and create chaos. That point means nothing

Plenty of coaches have stayed on before a bowl game and got canned after the game. Proves nothing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT