ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Day + Mike Yurcich + Offensive Talent

IrishInOntario

I've posted how many times?
Feb 21, 2009
Wow... Just wow. Two years in a row. Michigan doesn't belong on the same field as Ohio State and Ryan Day took over as Jim Harbaugh's daddy as soon as Urban Meyer left... Mike Yurcich has turned Justin Fields into a superstar.

Had Ohio State not dropped a wide open touchdown (Olave never does that) or muffed that punt, Ohio State might have scored 65 on them today... In Ann Arbor.

Congrats to the Buckeyes. Elite program!

Wow... Just wow. Two years in a row. Michigan doesn't belong on the same field as Ohio State and Ryan Day took over as Jim Harbaugh's daddy as soon as Urban Meyer left... Mike Yurcich has turned Justin Fields into a superstar.

Had Ohio State not dropped a wide open touchdown (Olave never does that) or muffed that punt, Ohio State might have scored 65 on them today... In Ann Arbor.

It's not as though Fields was a two-star. He was the #1 overall recruit in his class.

They just turned him loose.

Day is calling the plays. What does Yurcich have to do with it?

Just curious: how many players on the Ohio State roster could ND recruit?

Could you imagine if we pulled Yurcich to ND? My question would be who would be playing? Book or Phil? But hey we have Reese who is cutting his teeth as his first coaching job ever at ND in probably the most important position coaching job on the team. Smfh!

Reactions: NDinNJ
QB coach / OC. He's done an incredible job with Fields over the course of a year. Two great offensive minds working together.

The guy calling the plays isn't the only guy developing the game plan or coaching the kids. It takes a village.
Fields and Ohio are extremely talented. Im not going to give too much credit to a guy not even calling the plays

Reactions: Pennick4
Just curious: how many players on the Ohio State roster could ND recruit?

Many... Among their 2-deep, ND offered and actively recruited...

QB: Justin Fields
RB: J.K. Dobbins
RB: Master Teague
WR: Austin Mack
WR: K.J. Hill
WR: Jaelin Gill
OC: Josh Myers
OT: Enokk Vimahi
OT: Nick Petit-Frere
TE: Jeremy Ruckert
DE: Chase Young
DE: Tyreke Smith
DE: Zach Harrison
DT: Haskell Garrett
LB: Justin Hilliard
LB: Pete Werner
LB: Dallas Gant
CB: Shaun Wade
CB: Jordan Fuller
CB: Jeff Okudah

Reactions: Mihalko35

How do know all these stats? Rote memory? Geesh lol!

Not disagreeing becaise I dont know. But just because we recruited them doesnt mean they would have all gotten in. We've had commits that decommitted that couldnt get...Stepp

Oh and why are you not the lead editor for Irish illustrated?

Ouch!

They’ve done an incredible job. Just forcing a punt or two from the Buckeyes seems the same as winning the game. Nobody is on the level of Ohio St. this year, a team that’s about as well-oiled machine in agregate on both sides of the ball as I have ever seen.

Ohio St. currently has the highest average win probability that we have on record going back to 2005 and will have the highest adjusted (taking into account home vs. road, opponent strength) average win probability after this game.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
Could you imagine if we pulled Yurcich to ND? My question would be who would be playing? Book or Phil? But hey we have Reese who is cutting his teeth as his first coaching job ever at ND in probably the most important position coaching job on the team. Smfh!
Problem is we won't ever pull anyone like that as a QB coach or maybe even OC. It would have to be as a HC. No one legitimate is going to come to a program where they have to play second fiddle to what BK wants to do on offense and even more how he wants to develop QBs.

Problem is we won't ever pull anyone like that as a QB coach or maybe even OC. It would have to be as a HC. No one legitimate is going to come to a program where they have to play second fiddle to what BK wants to do on offense and even more how he wants to develop QBs.

ouch! (ha ha: beat ya!)

Not disagreeing becaise I dont know. But just because we recruited them doesnt mean they would have all gotten in. We've had commits that decommitted that couldnt get...Stepp

Maybe a couple don't get in. I'm fine with that argument. The majority would, however. ND finished 2nd or 3rd for a number of them.

OSU just TOTALLY dismantled a team that was as hot as anyone in CF. And if it wasn't for the self-Imposed mistakes (3 fumbles deep) they would have done the same to PSU last week. That is one very scary and talented team (an understatement)

OSU just TOTALLY dismantled a team that was as hot as anyone in CF. And if it wasn't for the self-Imposed mistakes (3 fumbles deep) they would have done the same to PSU last week. That is one very scary and talented team (an understatement)

Could have hung 65 on Michigan with better execution today. They went in deep today and there was nothing Michigan could do about it. Urban Meyer and Ryan Day recruited a monster in Columbus and added some great coaches along the way.

Could have hung 65 on Michigan with better execution today. They went in deep today and there was nothing Michigan could do about it. Urban Meyer and Ryan Day recruited a monster in Columbus and added some great coaches along the way.

Before you anoint Ryan Day let him play a season with his guys .

This squad has in all likelihood 7-8 underclassmen who will declare early and some excellent seniors .

Combine that with an easy schedule for September and October.

They are outstanding no question but I'll wait till Year 3 to anoint him.

Reactions: Pennick4
You must have an insight into the program that none of us else have. Also access to private conversations between the coaches and the meetings. As for me, I have no clue why we have chose the path that we did for our qb coaching situation.

Wow !! Ohio State has a GREAT Team !!!. IIO is a Genius !!!

Maybe a couple don't get in. I'm fine with that argument. The majority would, however. ND finished 2nd or 3rd for a number of them.

And why did they pick OSU? Facilities? No. Tradition? No. Education? No. Weather? No. Chance to win? No. Coaching? No. Chance to play in the pro’s? No.

While I cannot answer that question I would venture to guess it’s much easier to focus on football first and school as an “and also” than at ND.

And why did they pick OSU? Facilities? No. Tradition? No. Education? No. Weather? No. Chance to win? No. Coaching? No. Chance to play in the pro’s? No.

While I cannot answer that question I would venture to guess it’s much easier to focus on football first and school as an “and also” than at ND.
I'm guessing a few reasons but I would have to think the number one would be playing for urban Meyer and the chances of a NC.

I would doubt that’s the reason. Certainly not for fields. He went to UGA and all know coaches leave.

Why attack IIO? Off your meds again? IIO is a great contributer and has forgotten more about football then you'll ever know.

IIO is a crybaby and whiner just like you. And I thought you were done with me, Andre?

*** You fake fans have been attacking Ian Book all year long ! I am just giving you all a taste of your own medicine !

Go Irish !!

Lol, you said you were done attacking people. That didn't last long. Not that I can say I'm shocked. Funny how you get your panties in a bunch anytime some does not say something positive about your man crush Book. Sorry to disappoint you but pretty sure he has a girlfriend. But you can keep trying to catfish him online lol.

My guess is the $$$. NFL is big money and risking academic suspension means playing time.

Now, I think ND is getting the few players that want both and if we could get 2-3 more we are fine. We match up all day against most. We just are a few off from elite. There are very few we have that where not also recruited by top schools.

My guess is the $$$. NFL is big money and risking academic suspension means playing time.

Now, I think ND is getting the few players that want both and if we could get 2-3 more we are fine. We match up all day against most. We just are a few off from elite. There are very few we have that where not also recruited by top schools.
I totally agree with this. It is harder to come to ND where you have to spend as much time on academics as on football. In Justin Fields case he's an excellent student also so I wouldn't think the academics would have scared him away from ND.

Schools are adapting. This generation is instant gratification.

You need a 2 year degree in sports broadcasting or nutrition studies. Something close to their passion. Sports. Nothing wrong with it.

Saw this on Twitter. Quote from LSU QB. Seems relevant to our convo.

LSU quarterback Joe Burrow on why he went over to the student section after Saturday's win: "Obviously, I don't go to class because I only take online classes, so I don't get to see any of those people. I just wanted to see them for the first time and...

ADVERTISEMENT