ADVERTISEMENT

Rocco Spindler

Sorry to read this and hope for a fast full recovery. Assume Shrauth will get the first crack at replacing Rocco, but I’d rather see Fisher moved to guard and Jagusah play RT for the remainder of this season.

Sorry to read this and hope for a fast full recovery. Assume Shrauth will get the first crack at replacing Rocco, but I’d rather see Fisher moved to guard and Jagusah play RT for the remainder of this season.
Now I see where Zeke is still in concussion protocol. That means Craig and Shrauth starting next to each other this Saturday. Thought Craig looked pretty good against Clemson. love seeing some legitimate center size in our lineup.

Telx-

Assume Fisher moved to G. Then, in 24, we’ll need 2 new Tackles. Assume Jagusah is one. Who would you predict earns the other spot? Wagner? Schrauth? Baker?

Sounds like you think Craig will emerge as the C next season?

A ton of moving parts on the OL as we head towards 24:

Shrauth, Craig, Jagusah, Wagner, and likely 1 or 2 others could all warrant a starting spot. Assume Fisher and Rocco back as well. A lot of talent, but also a lot of questions will need to be answered.

We’ll have a brand new OL and brand new QB starting @A&M next August.

Telx-

Assume Fisher moved to G. Then, in 24, we’ll need 2 new Tackles. Assume Jagusah is one. Who would you predict earns the other spot? Wagner? Schrauth? Baker?

Sounds like you think Craig will emerge as the C next season?

A ton of moving parts on the OL as we head towards 24:

Shrauth, Craig, Jagusah, Wagner, and likely 1 or 2 others could all warrant a starting spot. Assume Fisher and Rocco back as well. A lot of talent, but also a lot of questions will need to be answered.

We’ll have a brand new OL and brand new QB starting @A&M next August.
To begin Irish Mike, I know I’m whistling in the wind. As you know, I think Fisher has incredible upside as a guard, and I really hoped they would have put him next to Alt. That’s never Going to happen. As for next year, I really have no idea if Fisher plans to return. I think he had some really good games, and some really poor games. I don’t think he helped himself in the draft overall. Many here believe he will be our LT next year. I have no idea how Jagusah has played and developed in practice this year, but he seems to have more of the traits of a LT than Fisher. So, if Fisher returns, I expect he and Jagusah will man our tackle positions, but I hope Jagusah earns the LT. If Fisher doesn’t return, my guess would be Jagusah at LT and Wagner at RT. Wagner has so much natural talent, but the unknown is whether he will have added enough good weight and strength to play On our OL. If not Wagner, Baker certainly looks the part but has failed to impress in limited action. My hope is for Wagner.

As for Craig, I thought he played well for a third string inexperienced young guy. I don’t think Rocco or Coogan played well enough to date to guarantee their positions next year. There were some great instances, especially in the running game, that flashed their upsides. But again, not Nearly enough to solidify their positions for next year. And then there’s always the possibility that Zeke comes back, and his leadership and experience will be coveted, and he’ll be the Starting center, and I can’t see Shrauth sitting next year. We have some talented inexperienced guys competing in addition to those named here, and it will be one hell of a challenging Spring for Rudolph. Looking forward to more informed guesses as the season winds down and we learn what Zeke and Fisher plans are for next year.

Reactions: IrishMike409
To begin Irish Mike, I know I’m whistling in the wind. As you know, I think Fisher has incredible upside as a guard, and I really hoped they would have put him next to Alt. That’s never Going to happen. As for next year, I really have no idea if Fisher plans to return. I think he had some really good games, and some really poor games. I don’t think he helped himself in the draft overall. Many here believe he will be our LT next year. I have no idea how Jagusah has played and developed in practice this year, but he seems to have more of the traits of a LT than Fisher. So, if Fisher returns, I expect he and Jagusah will man our tackle positions, but I hope Jagusah earns the LT. If Fisher doesn’t return, my guess would be Jagusah at LT and Wagner at RT. Wagner has so much natural talent, but the unknown is whether he will have added enough good weight and strength to play On our OL. If not Wagner, Baker certainly looks the part but has failed to impress in limited action. My hope is for Wagner.

As for Craig, I thought he played well for a third string inexperienced young guy. I don’t think Rocco or Coogan played well enough to date to guarantee their positions next year. There were some great instances, especially in the running game, that flashed their upsides. But again, not Nearly enough to solidify their positions for next year. And then there’s always the possibility that Zeke comes back, and his leadership and experience will be coveted, and he’ll be the Starting center, and I can’t see Shrauth sitting next year. We have some talented inexperienced guys competing in addition to those named here, and it will be one hell of a challenging Spring for Rudolph. Looking forward to more informed guesses as the season winds down and we learn what Zeke and Fisher plans are for next year.
Thanks Telx. Outstanding stuff.

Wow- I figured that Zeke would likely move. If he’s back, then there are even more pieces to move around the chess board. Would be nice to have Zeke’s leadership and experience for the game in College Station.

I really thought we were going to be set at G, with Billy S and Rocco. It didn’t exactly go that way, nonetheless, they’ll be in the mix. We didn’t even mention Sullivan Absher and Ty Chan- 2 other guys who’ll want to earn an opportunity.

We could have 9 or 10 starting caliber OL next season. It’ll be a helluva a lift for Rudolph to figure the best 5. He’s gotta get it right, with that A&M game looming.

Reactions: Telx1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT