ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Leonard is Irish

It's simply a fact. You may not like it but it is.

Hes taller stronger faster more athletic and has a better arm throws from different arm angles

In terms of talent, it's not up for debate. Can he be a better QB, that's to be determined

Dont get your feeling hurt when YOU are wrong
Everything you stated other than the measurables are opinion. He's a thrower not a passer in my opinion. He has never shown the ability to " play" the position better than a Hartman in my opinion. So much more to playing the position than just raw athleticism.

Overreaction ? Check the portal numbers. Talk about lazy.
Okay, how many players are on the portal right now? 1500, 2000, 2500? What is it? I don't know

There's over 11000 FBS football players. So like I said, not all guys transfer. A lot stay

See Jalen Milroe and Carson Beck who wait their turn and can still be great QBs

Everything you stated other than the measurables are opinion. He's a thrower not a passer in my opinion. He has never shown the ability to " play" the position better than a Hartman in my opinion. So much more to playing the position than just raw athleticism.
Yep. That's being a QB. I said talent

Height weight strength athleticism arm strength arm talent.

He is superior to Sam as a talent

Can he play the position better, to be determined.

Talent, not debatable

I would think Angeli and Minchey would both like to play in the bowl game. But I could see one of them transferring out after the spring, though.
I can say with extreme confidence that Steve Angeli loves the University and regardless of the depth chart, I would say it’s very very unlikely he transfers. He relishes being a member of the Notre Dame community and I fully expect him to graduate with a degree from the University of Notre Dame.

I can say with extreme confidence that Steve Angeli loves the University and regardless of the depth chart, I would say it’s very very unlikely he transfers. He relishes being a member of the Notre Dame community and I fully expect him to graduate with a degree from the University of Notre Dame.
Same

The position will be very different than what it was under Hartman. In today’s game, I really value qb mobility and running. And that’s what Leonard gives us in spades compared to Hartman. He will require dedicated attention, spying; and he will give defenses fits. Time will tell if Parker effectively utilizes Leonard. Hartman may be a much better mid range passer, but I’d sure as hell rather defend against Hartman than Leonard.

Talent, not debatable
Again.. Talent does not equal Athleticism and athleticism doesn’t equal talent.

Some of the most athletic dudes I’ve ever seen had very little talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadirishpoet
but but but.......he has potential and upside, LMFAO. Golson is a tool

ND has 2 or 3 quarterbacks positioned to "take over" not named Leonard....after this season (or during the season if Leonard gets hurt again). His value to ND, I think, is more of mentor to the young quarterbacks. ND has got to bridge the youth and inexperience gap somehow. That did not happen with Hartman...until the upcoming bowl game, of course. But, Minchey and Carr can benefit greatly from Leonard's experience and knowledge, imo. Transitioning from portal quarterbacks should start with these guys after Leonard.

Last edited:
There's alot of truth there, but, he's a gamer.
When he scrambles he knows where he is on the field and will not shy way from the first down marker. That a lone separated the two with Leonard on top
My only concern is his leg fragile

Talent, not debatable
Certainly debatable. Hartman was a much better passer of the football.

So adapting means no longer developing players? Who, then, develops them?
The same way the NFL has become watered down D1 will be without development and I see portal an easier option.
So lower tier developes, and upper tier grab

Certainly debatable. Hartman was a much better passer of the football.
Hes more accurate in his system. He doesnt have a stronger arm. He doesnt throw off platform as well. He doesnt throw from different arm angles

Leonard has much more God given talent. Will he be a better QB, that's to be determined

So you couldn't back it up

Then you said something that had nothing to do with me

Nice job, toolbag

🤣🤣
I can prove it simply by your statements. Not once did you state that you were reading reports that he was going to wait until after the soccer championship to commit.

Instead you stated, "He's waiting until after the soccer championship to commit", which implies that you know something no one else does, that you are the source of the information which you are not.

Its hard for any QB to pick up a new system especially if they spent multiple years in a different one. Pennix and Nix were more effective in their 2nd years than their 1st.
Hartman was a good qb but think its fair to say he doesnt have the same mobility or arm strength Leonard posseses. Neither Hartman or Leonard are natural pocket passers and Parker will have to do a better job hiding that weakness with Riley than he did with Hartman.

The same way the NFL has become watered down D1 will be without development and I see portal an easier option.
So lower tier developes, and upper tier grab
That is true and shows how canceling the 1 year wait has happened the lower schools. I have read that some coaches are de-emphasizing HS recruiting because there is so much more available to transfer. Ex 1, Jayden Daniels.

I can prove it simply by your statements. Not once did you state that you were reading reports that he was going to wait until after the soccer championship to commit.

Instead you stated, "He's waiting until after the soccer championship to commit", which implies that you know something no one else does, that you are the source of the information which you are not.
That's hilarious.

I never stated I was the source. That's ridiculous

I never implied anything. No one else thought I was the source.

That's just you being obsessed with me. I already told you, I'm not like you and Pat. You need to stop that shit

• Haha
Reactions: IrishMike409
Its hard for any QB to pick up a new system especially if they spent multiple years in a different one. Pennix and Nix were more effective in their 2nd years than their 1st.
Hartman was a good qb but think its fair to say he doesnt have the same mobility or arm strength Leonard posseses. Neither Hartman or Leonard are natural pocket passers and Parker will have to do a better job hiding that weakness with Riley than he did with Hartman.
Penix and Nix played extremely well their first year. So did Caleb Williams

He's going to be playing with much better players. If he plays to his 2022 ability (33 TDs) with our talent, we should be set up for a big year.

He's the most talented QB we've sent on the field since Deshone Kizer was our QB
Playing with better players didn't help hartmans numbers.

He's not as horrible as people here say, nor is her as good as we hoped.

The same can be true of Ridley. I'd argue that he's not as talented as you think he is, but he potentially could be an upgrade based on the type of gameplay we could run.

I saw three of his games in person and he can throw well and has some wheels, but he also throws some ducks and tucks when he shouldn't sometimes.

He's worth the rental to let Gino develop care and minchey behind the scenes.

Talent, not debatable
They are actually very similar talent wise. Very similar.

The same can be true of Ridley. I'd argue that he's not as talented as you think he is, but he potentially could be an upgrade based on the type of gameplay we could run.

I saw three of his games in person and he can throw well and has some wheels, but he also throws some ducks and tucks when he shouldn't sometimes.

There are not many in this forum describing Sam Hartman as "horrible..."

There's always the vocal minority, though.

Reactions: Pennick4
Penix and Nix played extremely well their first year. So did Caleb Williams
Never said they played bad just said they were better the 2nd year in the system.
Nix
CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT RTG
336 435 77.2 4,145 9.5 40 3 186.2
294 409 71.9 3,593 8.8 29 7 165.7

Pennix
307 466 65.9 4,218 9.1 33 9 161.4
362 554 65.3 4,641 8.4 31 8 151.3

Caleb Williams left with Riley so he didnt have to learn a new system.

Hartmans numbers were never going to be like WF. Totally different offense. Dukes offense is more similar to ours but with more talent

Riley has top 2 round NFL talent,Hartman never did

Never said they played bad just said they were better the 2nd year in the system.
Nix
336 435 77.2 4,145 9.5 40 3 186.2
294 409 71.9 3,593 8.8 29 7 165.7

Pennix
307 466 65.9 4,218 9.1 33 9 161.4
362 554 65.3 4,641 8.4 31 8 151.3

Caleb Williams left with Riley so he didnt have to learn a new system.
My point was they played extremely well

If Leonard played like either of those guys first year here, we will have a monster season

Hartmans numbers were never going to be like WF. Totally different offense. Dukes offense is more similar to ours but with more talent

Riley has top 2 round NFL talent,Hartman never did
I saw Leonard in 1st round mock drafts earlier this season.

Golson and I disagreed on hartman, and I think we utilized him extremely poor this year. Despite that, hartman had his best rating as a QB, and NDs best rating for a QB since clausen. Just think of what could have been if we had a better OC and a little less injuries at WR

With that said, i'm not predicting riley to be better than hartman statistically throwing, but he's definitely more talented. I think we're going to have a much better WR room ( I was not high on a few of our wrs getting major PT this year), so I expect our passing game to definitely have more big plays.

But I don't think there's a comparison in talent of riley vs hartman. At this stage in the game, riley is close to Josh Allen. Big dude, tough, good arm (not quite allens insane arm), but still very raw. Can he develop a bunch at ND with good coaching and great skilled players. I sure hope so, we could be awesome.

Reactions: BGI User 756
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT