ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Leonard is Irish

We had better Jimmy's and Joe's than every team we played this year, including Ohio State. Ohio State was the only one close from a talent perspective (clemson probably next).
Osu has more talent than we did this season

You have no clue if Riley Leonard will be an upgrade over Sam Hartman.

None.

Any QB who relies on his legs, buyer beware.

Running QB's are an injury waiting to happen.
Riley got injured in the pocket

Injuries happen everywhere. Best QBs in the NFL and college rely on their legs, but hey, you know best.

Reactions: BGI User 756
You have no clue if Riley Leonard will be an upgrade over Sam Hartman.

None.

Any QB who relies on his legs, buyer beware.

Running QB's are an injury waiting to happen.
No. No one does. No one has a crystal ball

Like I said, in terms of talent and upside, yes he's better in those terms

Osu has more talent than we did this season
Recruiting ranking yes, ranking by NFL (expected players to play in NFL), i think i saw ND had a 1 person advantage with those that started (key being starters).

Recruiting ranking yes, ranking by NFL (expected players to play in NFL), i think i saw ND had a 1 person advantage with those that started (key being starters).
Osu will have more players drafted than us. I don't know where you saw that

This is something that you are hoping for, but we really don't know, it's guessing, not proven. I really feel bad for Minchey & Angeli. Still think one of the two transfer after the spring game.
It's guessing if I said he would perform better than Sam. It's not fussing saying he has more talent and potential. That part is not a guess

I would think Angeli and Minchey would both like to play in the bowl game. But I could see one of them transferring out after the spring, though.
I would be very surprised if at least one of them didn’t transfer. There are places where they can play, but that won’t be at ND ahead of Leonard.

I would be very surprised if at least one of them didn’t transfer. There are places where they can play, but that won’t be at ND ahead of Leonard.
If they leave after spring, neither will have a chance to start on a p5 level

Minchey has 4 years left. No reason for him to panic and transfer

He's a less prolific passer that Hartman, but seems to be more of a "gamer" than Hartman. Shows up in big games.

I think there are two things to watch next year

1. Is the trend of going ultra conservative in big games continuing... If so we have to start looking at freeman not Parker

2. Does Parker move to a more dual threat game plan. This is his first full season of prep and this is the first QB HE has chosen. Remember, Rees brought in Hartman.

Minchey can wait for the battle with carr. If he loses then he will likely transfer

Good get for the short term, but I'm concerned with the long term effects. Is this the future of filling out a roster? Is player development a thing of the past?
I've brought that up two weeks ago but was told get uae to it in regards to recruiting top players, but with this being a league wide problem the recruiter is really going to have to sale the program mixed with a little BS.
Dabo Swinney is the only coach i heard talk about wanting to let his players know he is trying to build a program without
much portal help

Reactions: Pennick4
agree 100% ND should NOT lose to them, ND was a 7 point favorite to win at Louisville this year, and over 7 points at Duke, and look how we played.

The 4 games i mention are probably the only 4 games ND is NOT favored by 14 or more
I’m giving a pass for the Louisville game this year because of certain circumstances with scheduling and what not.

If ND is what they SHOULD be, they should be giving 7 at minimum in that game and they should win it. No excuses this time

If they leave after spring, neither will have a chance to start on a p5 level

Minchey has 4 years left. No reason for him to panic and transfer
Yes there is ......who says Freeman won't go to the portal at the end of next season?
With the QB position being filled at the end of each season with the someone from portal he will only has practice and mop up experience.
With that kind allure it will be tough

Reactions: Pennick4
Agree with all but last sentence. His size and athleticism and mobility will be a weapon, and extremely important with a young inexperienced line, at least at tackles, and possibly at guards as well.

I think the jury is still out regarding Parker. He game planned without a deep ball threat, with freshmen receivers that were unable to get separation, with two inexperienced guards who were slow, with a right tackle that played several uninspired games, with a center who got knocked back repeatedly, without his best receiver for several games, with injuries to Thomas and Greathouse, and a QB who had no confidence in his receivers. As much as we tend to buy into the hype of the players we recruit, the fact is we had players at several positions on offense that frankly should not be starting at a place like ND. These excuses and realities will not be present next season, other than a relatively inexperienced line, and Parker can be fairly judged then.
Telx1 I totally agree that it will take another year to judge the effectiveness of Parker’s offense . This year was staked against him with only a running game to rely on . New receivers - injuries to the only two experienced receivers and a new tight end and another only playing at the end of season do to injury . Was a very inexperienced receiving corps therefore Notre Dame was forced to rely on a running game even with a Qb that was not proficient at running
So let’s give Parker a brake and see how he adopts to the new strengths that the offense will have

Reactions: echowaker
Yes there is ......who says Freeman won't go to the portal at the end of next season?
With the QB position being filled at the end of each season with the someone from portal he will only has practice and mop up experience.
With that kind allure it will be tough
Nah. No reason to panic and transfer. He has 4 years left

If Freeman goes to the portal again next year(which I don't think he will), he can transfer in December and go to a new team and have 3 years at his new school if he wants

No reason to panic, at all. He wasn't some 5 star with crazy elite talent that was expected to play year 1. This is normal QB development

If Freeman goes to the portal again next year(which I don't think he will), he can transfer in December and go to a new team and have 3 years at his new school if he wants

No reason to panic, at all. He wasn't some 5 star with crazy elite talent that was expected to play year 1. This is normal QB development
There's nothing normal anymore

Yes he is. In terms of potential and upside
He's only here for one year. Expecting a big jump in ability is wishful thinking. I do like his running ability. He's more thrower than passer. Hope Gino has a big influence on his mechanics. If so good things may occur.

He's only here for one year. Expecting a big jump in ability is wishful thinking. I do like his running ability. He's more thrower than passer. Hope Gino has a big influence on his mechanics. If so good things may occur.
He's going to be playing with much better players. If he plays to his 2022 ability (33 TDs) with our talent, we should be set up for a big year.

He's the most talented QB we've sent on the field since Deshone Kizer was our QB

Reactions: christophero

You need to educate yourself on what's happening in college football. The days of waiting are over. Guys want to play, especially at the QB position. That's where the real money is.

Not because YOU say it is.
It's simply a fact. You may not like it but it is.

Hes taller stronger faster more athletic and has a better arm throws from different arm angles

In terms of talent, it's not up for debate. Can he be a better QB, that's to be determined

Dont get your feeling hurt when YOU are wrong

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT