ADVERTISEMENT

Riley film review

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
He was so bad throwing vs A&M and even more so NIU… we all know this.

If he doesn’t light it up throughout the rest of the year how does freeman survive? It was his choice to go after and start him despite passing limitations when you have 3 other much better passers.

The film review of Leonard missing wide open downfield td passes vs niu is alarming. The 2nd and 1 play wasn’t even close to his worst play. There were two others where beaux blew by a flat footed defender 1-1. Simple read and throw for td. One of these was on his other pick play.

I hope Leonard balls out and we all see why the coaches are playing him, but if not, freeman is in a really bad spot due to poor decision making.

Leonard is playing like book without the short game passing accuracy. How are we at a point with our qb room where we have a poor man Ian book at qb?

Last edited:
Reactions: NDinNJ

If he doesn’t light it up throughout the rest of the year how does freeman survive? It was his choice to go after and start him despite passing limitations when you have 3 other much better passers.

The film review of Leonard missing wide open downfield td passes vs niu is alarming. The 2nd and 1 play wasn’t even close to his worst play. There were two others where beaux blew by a flat footed defender 1-1. Simple read and throw for td. One of these was on his other pick play.

I hope Leonard balls out and we all see why the coaches are playing him, but if not, freeman is in a really bad spot due to poor decision making.

Leonard is playing like book without the short game passing accuracy. Joe are we at a point with our qb room where we have a poor man Ian book at qb?
I was never sold on Leonard when they brought him in. I thought he was a slight improvement over Hartman. I was wrong, he's worse than Hartman. This makes me question the coaches, specifically MF. Do they not look at the stats and reports on a QB? It seems like they have shiny object syndrome and go for the trendy pick without performing any due diligence

Leonard is playing like book without the short game passing accuracy. Joe are we at a point with our qb room where we have a poor man Ian book at qb?
I disagree that Freeman is in a tough spot.

He's gotta simply make the call that is best for the team. Who gets us to the playoffs? Play that guy.

Who cares about NIL or money, it's a sunk cost at this point anyways.

Figure out who is the best QB, in the moment, and play that guy.

Go on a 10-game win streak, and punch a ticket to the playoffs......then no one cares about throwing away NIL
money or hurting feelings back in September.

Reactions: Pennick4 and NDinNJ

He's gotta simply make the call that is best for the team. Who gets us to the playoffs? Play that guy.

Go on a 10-game win streak, and punch a ticket to the playoffs......then no one cares about throwing away NIL
Maybe Freeman has Golson5 in his ear. Someone needs to tell Freeman to stop taking his advice!!! 😂

I was never sold on Leonard when they brought him in. I thought he was a slight improvement over Hartman. I was wrong, he's worse than Hartman. This makes me question the coaches, specifically MF. Do they not look at the stats and reports on a QB? It seems like they have shiny object syndrome and go for the trendy pick without performing any due diligence
I was hopeful he would be a better 2022 Leonard, and not the one that got worse in 2023… I was wrong

Nd did a lot of things wrong vs niu, but he single hand idly cost nd 10-20 points and set boy up for 3-6

He had that chance at half time vs niu and this week before Purdue … he’s a coward coach right now if Riley starts today

I don't know. Switching QBs is the popular and easy choice. Would a young QB do better with that OL? It really depends if Leornard can improve, and if he was dealing with an injury. If he continues this way we will see a switch; but I think he starts today. We may see a change mid game if he struggles again.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
To me, that would be the case if he looks absolutely awful in the first half, not after NIU loss. Coward seems a bit much. I digress.
No other player on the team could perform so bad and continue starting … I was on the Riley hype train … he can’t read defenses and isn’t accurate when he doesn

He had that chance at half time vs niu and this week before Purdue … he’s a coward coach right now if Riley starts today
Goodness gracious. Stop w the "coward" stuff. Such an overrated/over-used word on message boards. Especially by someone sitting at their computer using a fake/made-up/anonymous name.

Don't be that guy.

Goodness gracious. Stop w the "coward" stuff. Such an overrated/over-used word on message boards. Especially by someone sitting at their computer using a fake/made-up/anonymous name.

Don't be that guy.
What freeman isn’t doing is literally the definition of coward if Riley starts today

Leonard is playing like book without the short game passing accuracy. How are we at a point with our qb room where we have a poor man Ian book at qb?
Thank you for your comments. The old timers don’t seem to understand. As long as they get their tickets for the best seats, that’s all they care about

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT