ADVERTISEMENT

Riley can run...and thats the problem!!!

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
Riley can run...a little bit....that's the problem.
He's not defense shredding fast. He's great at picking up a few yards but he's not a big play threat with the legs.
His arm however is bad. Inaccurate and weak.
Perhaps they were blinded by dreams of a Maxwell Dugan type senior season but Dugan could throw the ball.
Perhaps they were hoping for a Michigan tyoe season. Run the ball so well we don't need big QB plays.
The problem is McCarthy could actually throw it when needed.

I left the A&M game saying we're in trouble. A couch will sit on our short routes and we REFUSE to go down the field with passes.

Maybe we aren't refusing the big passing play...Riley just can't do it.
Either way it's wrong. Way wrong.

Angeli is the best option for this team going forward but I'd be willing to bet the NIL deals won't let that happen.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Riley can run...a little bit....that's the problem.
He's not defense shredding fast. He's great at picking up a few yards but he's not a big play threat with the legs.
His arm however is bad. Inaccurate and weak.
Perhaps they were blinded by dreams of a Maxwell Dugan type senior season but Dugan could throw the ball.
Perhaps they were hoping for a Michigan tyoe season. Run the ball so well we don't need big QB plays.
The problem is McCarthy could actually throw it when needed.

I left the A&M game saying we're in trouble. A couch will sit on our short routes and we REFUSE to go down the field with passes.

Maybe we aren't refusing the big passing play...Riley just can't do it.
Either way it's wrong. Way wrong.

Angeli is the best option for this team going forward but I'd be willing to bet the NIL deals won't let that happen.
You’re right! I’m critical of the play of our OL, but Riley compounds their pass protection when he leaves the pocket so damn soon. Several times, he should have stepped forward, and completed his progressions. Instead, he didn’t trust his line and left the pocket to be pressured by the DE that Wagner was pushing to the outside.

I’m not one to quickly jump on the change the qb wagon, but Riley’s passing has been terrible overall in our two games. He has thrown some good sideline passes, but I hold my breath every time he goes to pass because we have zero clue as to what we will see, as do the receivers. Not sure which of the three qb’s sitting on the bench should start, and an argument can be made for each of them; but I think this team needs a very loud wake-up call and getting a significant upgrade to our passing game is critical to salvaging this season.

Reactions: 88ND
You’re right! I’m critical of the play of our OL, but Riley compounds their pass protection when he leaves the pocket so damn soon. Several times, he should have stepped forward, and completed his progressions. Instead, he didn’t trust his line and left the pocket to be pressured by the DE that Wagner was pushing to the outside.

I’m not one to quickly jump on the change the qb wagon, but Riley’s passing has been terrible overall in our two games. He has thrown some good sideline passes, but I hold my breath every time he goes to pass because we have zero clue as to what we will see, as do the receivers. Not sure which of the three qb’s sitting on the bench should start, and an argument can be made for each of them; but I think this team needs a very loud wake-up call and getting a significant upgrade to our passing game is critical to salvaging this season.
the question is...
and I mean this and until someone can show me otherwise...

The NIL...
How much is that a driving force.
It shouldn't be....but I have to wonder.

Either our coaches are that bad they can't see just how bad Riley is at throwing or....

there is something else at work there.

We have no idea what is done and said behind closed doors with this NIL nonsense....

I want to see that proven wrong! I really do

Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT