ADVERTISEMENT

Rees wins QB coach award...

I was very skeptical when we hired him at ND as his first job. I'm still not sold as we saw zero improvement with Wimbush at QB. But that might not be Rees' fault either.

Reactions: rgc7
I was very skeptical when we hired him at ND as his first job. I'm still not sold as we saw zero improvement with Wimbush at QB. But that might not be Rees' fault either.
I honestly thought he would be a good coach someday. Who knows maybe head coach at ND. It would not surprise me.

I honestly thought he would be a good coach someday. Who knows maybe head coach at ND. It would not surprise me.
His Dad was a coach. It’s in his DNA. He can be a good one. Wimbush is hopeless. He does not have the gift of seeing the field and progressing thru reads. Add his inaccuracy and you do not have s QB

His Dad was a coach. It’s in his DNA. He can be a good one. Wimbush is hopeless. He does not have the gift of seeing the field and progressing thru reads. Add his inaccuracy and you do not have s QB
I agree/ed that Rees definately has coaching in his blood, and believe that he will be a great coach. Just didn't like he was coming to ND to cut his coaching teeth. Agreed on Wimbush, I don't think there is a coach out there that can help him. He's a great young man, and he definitely helped the program, but time to move on. I wonder how Jurkavec(sp?) is progressing?

I think Rees could make a good offensive coordinator and potentially a head coach one day. But Notre Dame doesn't have a habit lately hiring their own ex football players. A case in point: they should have hired Tom Clements as a head coach over Charlie Weis.

I agree/ed that Rees definately has coaching in his blood, and believe that he will be a great coach. Just didn't like he was coming to ND to cut his coaching teeth. Agreed on Wimbush, I don't think there is a coach out there that can help him. He's a great young man, and he definitely helped the program, but time to move on. I wonder how Jurkavec(sp?) is progressing?
Cutting his teeth? What? He has worked at both Northwestern and the LA Chargers. The kid was a much underappreciated player st ND, and will most likely be an excellent coach in that profession

Hell of a job by Rees and the Notre Dame staff by not only helping develop Ian Book into an upper echelon college quarterback, but to also keep Brandon Wimbush heavily engaged and ready. As good as Ian has played (very imprressive), I think it's a testament to not only Brandon, but Rees as well, that they were able to keep him bought in and ready to play at a high level against FSU, after losing the starting job.

Last edited:
Cutting his teeth? What? He has worked at both Northwestern and the LA Chargers. The kid was a much underappreciated player st ND, and will most likely be an excellent coach in that profession
I believe ND was his first position coaching job was it not? That said, he has done a good job. I just said I was skeptical of the hire and glad he's doing well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT