ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting in general...

The BYU game sicks out as a big concern....on the level of tOSU and Clemson as far as challenge...ND may be slightly favored...but this game is dangerous.
All games are dangerous. Some simply more than others.

BYU IMO is this years Cincinnati-------non Power 5 school with the best chance of making the Playoff.

Charles Jagusah on campus this weekend. Anyone think he might commit here in the next few days?

These projections (with losses to 3 or 4 teams) are assuming that Buchner has a healthy, productive season. I have my concerns about that as well.

So, apparently Young’s visit was an absolute homerun by all accounts. I still don’t think he commits at all, but man…this staff means BUSINESS.

Reactions: Golson5
If he goes 8-4, and the “hot seat” talk starts after 1 season….that would really be a shame. He’s got top ranked classes and 5 star guys on the hook. ND Nation would be I’ll-advised to start any hot seat talk and slow down this momentum.

Hypothetically, let’s say he goes 8-4 the first 2 seasons, I still Jack would give him a 3rd year. Any “hot seat” talk hurts recruiting and damages the program.

You ant stop the masses. Expectations aren’t going to change for MF.

So, apparently Young’s visit was an absolute homerun by all accounts. I still don’t think he commits at all, but man…this staff means BUSINESS.
Officials are Home Runs has been a common mantra for years.

I think his official starts on the 19th. And I hope he shuts it down but I still think he takes his Michigan official
I read somewhere he's at Michigan today, and then tomorrow already. Mom can't wait to get to the Notre Dame campus. She's apparently had great phone conversations, and due to her work schedule has been unable to be on campus yet.

Officials are Home Runs has been a common mantra for years.
Eh, to varying degrees. This one is different. The caliber of players MF is bringing on campus is at a level that we haven’t experienced is over a decade. It’s very exciting, regardless of what happens. Like Wayne Gretzky said, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, and even if he misses, MF is taking every shot. Very refreshing to see.

These projections (with losses to 3 or 4 teams) are assuming that Buchner has a healthy, productive season. I have my concerns about that as well.
Agreed but they’re also assuming that Buchner doesn’t play to his full potential, because if he does we go 10-2 minimum. He has shown flashes of what he can do, whether he can put it all together (and stay healthy) remains to be seen. But if he plays like he did in the first half of the Virginia tech game there’s way too much talent around him for us to go any worse than 10-2.

Reactions: tbone3114
Eh, to varying degrees. This one is different. The caliber of players MF is bringing on campus is at a level that we haven’t experienced is over a decade. It’s very exciting, regardless of what happens. Like Wayne Gretzky said, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, and even if he misses, MF is taking every shot. Very refreshing to see.
Revisionist history. We have experienced this. Recently, RB Will Shipley was chased hard for 2021, RB Nic Singleton was chased hard for 2022. Both very very highly thought of. Then ND ended up with solid RB's in both classes.

Revisionist history. We have experienced this. Recently, RB Will Shipley was chased hard for 2021, RB Nic Singleton was chased hard for 2022. Both very very highly thought of. Then ND ended up with solid RB's in both classes.
Will Shipley? Lol. You didn’t really follow his recruitment much I see.

If he goes 8-4, and the “hot seat” talk starts after 1 season….that would really be a shame. He’s got top ranked classes and 5 star guys on the hook. ND Nation would be I’ll-advised to start any hot seat talk and slow down this momentum.

Hypothetically, let’s say he goes 8-4 the first 2 seasons, I still Jack would give him a 3rd year. Any “hot seat” talk hurts recruiting and damages the program.
It's a given we are going to drop some games due to inexperience. MF has never been a head coach at all much less in the pressure cooker.

Good info here…

“Ran the 2023 Class Calculator on 247. ND is staring at a 300+ class if we can close on the below, all of which we lead for and all except Love and Hanafin we have CBs for. So so impressive by the staff. A class like this would truly be championship caliber.”

Carr reclassifies and is rated around #75 (conservative)
Jason Moore
Charles Jagusah
Jaiden Ausberry
Jeremiyah Love
Christian Gray
Micah Bell
Rico Flores
Ronan Hanafin

Only the following teams have Eclipsed 300 since 2016:
2022: TAMU, Bama, UGA, OSU
2021: Bama, OSU
2020: UGA, Bama, Clemson
2019: Bama, UGA
2018: UGA, OSU, Texas
2017: Bama, OSU, UGA
2016: Bama

Reactions: IrishMike409
Good info here…

“Ran the 2023 Class Calculator on 247. ND is staring at a 300+ class if we can close on the below, all of which we lead for and all except Love and Hanafin we have CBs for. So so impressive by the staff. A class like this would truly be championship caliber.”

Jason Moore
Charles Jagusah
Jaiden Ausberry
Jeremiyah Love
Christian Gray
Micah Bell
Rico Flores
Ronan Hanafin

Who is this quoted from

Good info here…

Jason Moore
Charles Jagusah
Jaiden Ausberry
Jeremiyah Love
Christian Gray
Micah Bell
Rico Flores
Ronan Hanafin

We're going to land more players than that

To me it’s starting to seem we had a big surge early in recruiting and now we are starting to slow back to reality. I don’t get the vibes that Hanafin is going to pick us. I think he goes Clemson or Bama. Rico won’t be able to turn down an Ohio State offer imo. We aren’t getting Dante Moore, according to many he was a lock. Gallagher is out. Greathouse doesn’t seem all that sure about ND. Tease will likely go to USC. Freeling is unlikely. All these guys were considered part of that top 5 class. I know this won’t be popular to say, but I think it’ll be tough to finish top 5, let alone top 3 like many predicted. While I love the staffs energy and relentless recruiting, I think they are starting to get a dose of reality. There are major issues in WR recruiting.
Dude you just took every recruit, put the negative possibility on every single one and then said we’re getting a “dose of reality”. For instance, claiming Greathouse doesn’t seem sure about ND when he’s barely started his visit. He could be all in come early next week who knows. I will say I think he was going to come with Dante to ND but now he’s reassessing it seems. Or not feeling Hanafin to ND, based on what?
For devils advocate let’s say ND lands Bell, Flores and Gray in early July along with Jaguseh, Jason Moore, Ausberry Hanafin, and Love. Who knows what happens at QB but other than that who’s complaining about that haul? And I don’t think it’s that far fetched at all.

• Haha
Reactions: IrishBeer
Sounds Charles Jagusah, #7 overall player according to On3, might commit early next week. He was apparently talking to Singer while on his. Michigan visit and moved his visit date to ND forward. Would be a massive pickup.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Sounds Charles Jagusah, #7 overall player according to On3, might commit early next week. He was apparently talking to Singer while on his. Michigan visit and moved his visit date to ND forward. Would be a massive pickup.

Did he spend his 20s in MLB?

We have recruited quite a few OL players. If we get Jaguash are we done at the position?

The Driskell crew think we land between 6-9 kids before the end of July. Should pickup pretty soon.

We have recruited quite a few OL players. If we get Jaguash are we done at the position?
Likely. If we land Jagusah, we will likely not push for Freeling as hard, but will let him know that he has a spot regardless.

*edited to remove Moore. I got them mixed up. Sorry about that

Last edited:
No. We have 1 more guy on the board. Monroe Freeling. Hes too good we wont pass on him. Will he want to come thats a different question.

I hope we land Jagusah in the next week or two and then go all in to finish with Freeling

Between the 23 and 24 classes
Bell, Gray, Flores, Jagusah, Larsen (24), Williams (24), are the ones I feel pretty good about getting in the next month. I thought Driskell was saying that number though for ‘23 commits.

Bell, Gray, Flores, Jagusah, Larsen (24), Williams (24), are the ones I feel pretty good about getting in the next month. I thought Driskell was saying that number though for ‘23 commits.

Driskell said 8 Friday but that’s likely also including ‘24 kids. I highly doubt we get Downs or Young. Highly doubt we get Freeling. Flores and Hanafin are 50/50. The other ones are my bet to commit. I also think we snag one of Flores or Hanafin. Doubt both. I bet Jagusah is next. Just a hunch.

Rico is going to Ohio State, I consider him gone
Hanafin is going to Clemson most likely
Ausberry is apparently visiting TAMU and Michigan still, so who knows
Dante is definitely not coming to Notre Dame, he could pick Rutgers for all anyone knows, but it's not going to be ND.

I don't see how anyone is overly confident about anyone left on the board to be honest. Maybe Gray. We will likely get a few more guys, but it's not looking nearly as good as it once was, unfortunately.
I've seen Flores mentioned several times on the OSU boards, but if they get a commitment from Noah Rogers in the next couple of days, they'll have their 4 WRs - Rodgers, Tate, Innis, and Rogers - which means Flores is Irish

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT