ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting in general...

And that’s even after committing to ND. What I’ve seen in the past is that the player will drop in rankings, some quite significantly, after committing.
A lot of that is Notre Dame fan conspiracy, obsession stuff. Players go up and down on every team. It's part of the process. Just like the draft. Players stocks go up and down constantly

Is it unusual to land so many recruits this early?
we have had a lot classes in the past done or almost done by early to mid summer but not this many 4 and 5 star kids as usually we'll have a couple or so 3 star kids in the fold at this time

A lot of that is Notre Dame fan conspiracy, obsession stuff. Players go up and down on every team. It's part of the process. Just like the draft. Players stocks go up and down constantly
Some is rooted in conspiracy, some is fact. I’d have to go back and double check, but I’m 99% Billy Schrauth dropped in rankings from December to March. During that time, no football was played, and no practices were had. The only that changed was that he committed to ND.

Most players naturally drop by a spot or two in each update of a site's rankings. Every time a new player gets evaluated and slotted, every single player below him drops by a spot. It doesn't mean the ratings sites suddenly think all those players are worse.

Reactions: Golson5
Some is rooted in conspiracy, some is fact. I’d have to go back and double check, but I’m 99% Billy Schrauth dropped in rankings from December to March. During that time, no football was played, and no practices were had. The only that changed was that he committed to ND.
They do their final rankings in january so that is incorrect. Plus they did have all star games during that time

Reviving this @Golson5, but only to highlight that Davis-Swain is a consensus four-star recruit and the No. 100 player in the country according to On3. He was ranked No. 63 overall when he committed in April. What happened in 2 months for him to drop 37 spots, other than him committing to ND?

Get him. Never too early for MF.

Reviving this @Golson5, but only to highlight that Davis-Swain is a consensus four-star recruit and the No. 100 player in the country according to On3. He was ranked No. 63 overall when he committed in April. What happened in 2 months for him to drop 37 spots, other than him committing to ND?
Who knows, who cares.

You think he's the only guy that moved down in the rankings? So is there a conspiracy to the other ones who dropped too?

Who knows, who cares.

You think he's the only guy that moved down in the rankings? So is there a conspiracy to the other ones who dropped too?
Relax. I’m not saying there is some huge conspiracy out there to hurt ND. What I am saying is that it’s curious why Davis-Swain dropped 37 spots for seemingly nothing happening other than his commitment to ND. If there are other kids that dropped that drastically after a commitment when they havent played or practiced football, I’d be curious as to who they are.

Relax. I’m not saying there is some huge conspiracy out there to hurt ND. What I am saying is that it’s curious why Davis-Swain dropped 37 spots for seemingly nothing happening other than his commitment to ND. If there are other kids that dropped that drastically after a commitment when they havent played or practiced football, I’d be curious as to who they are.
If other kids are going to camps and performing well they will jump up. Some kids then have to drop.

Maybe they actually watched some film. 100 seems about right for him. 63 may have been too high

To all the BK haters. Here is some fodder. Jaiden Ausberry from Baton Rouge, LA was crystal balled to our Marcus today. 4 star LB 2023 class.
Interesting fact. Early in the recruiting cycle he was a borderline 5 star ranked as high as #31 overall but has slipped to #69.

Still would be a huge get and add yet another elite prospect to the defensive side of the ball in this class.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Interesting fact. Early in the recruiting cycle he was a borderline 5 star ranked as high as #31 overall but has slipped to #69.

Still would be a huge get and add yet another elite prospect to the defensive side of the ball in this class.
When recruits commit to ND they become slower and more academic.

Pathetic. What a complete disaster this economy has become.
Hate that this thread got hijacked but I'm a sucker for stupid comments. Just remember in April of '20 when OPEC+ decided to reduce oil by 10M bpd and keep doing so for 2 years. Not only that but asked the US and other countries to do so which we happily agreed to.

Hate that this thread got hijacked but I'm a sucker for stupid comments. Just remember in April of '20 when OPEC+ decided to reduce oil by 10M bpd and keep doing so for 2 years. Not only that but asked the US and other countries to do so which we happily agreed to.
What are you saying?

And yet the price of gas was only $2.20 per gallon when Joe took office. And then it was $ 3.70 per gallon when this year started. With continued reduced traveling, more remote working, and barrels produced/consumed almost the same…

all the while Joe and admin are telling us no inflation, then inflation just transitory…and now we sit at 9% inflation per month of May, and well onto $7/gallon for gas by end July

Even more ironic, Joe campaigned on making Saudi Arabia pay for its human rights violation….then went hat in hand to them and to Venezuela …to be told NO…when he asked them to raise production ..:they don’t even answer Joe’s calls any more.

yet Joe hamstringed American producers with line 5, with fracking, with Alaskan drilling…with permits that are more difficult to effect

not sure why you choose to try to eliminate Joe and his green agenda and his $2 trillion stimulus and his Covid policies (which did not decrease deaths as he claimed he would) as major contributors to inflation .

but thought I would make sure facts are posted before this thread is closed

Last edited:
Anyway, who's the next to commit? I am sensing Gray?? Anyone think it's ironic that the Christian Gray is the highest rated corner we will have landed since Gary Gray, cough (2007).
He's not committing til July 4th

Micah bell is July 1
Rico Flores july 3

Reactions: IrishMike409
Anyway, who's the next to commit? I am sensing Gray?? Anyone think it's ironic that the Christian Gray is the highest rated corner we will have landed since Gary Gray, cough (2007).
Jaden Mickey is going to be very good.

I believe someone will Verbal before July 1. Who that is, no idea, I could only speculate amongst Charles Jagusah, Jason Moore, Jaiden Ausberry, and Ronan Hanafin.

And yet the price of gas was only $2.20 per gallon when Joe took office. And then it was $ 3.70 per gallon when this year started. With continued reduced traveling, more remote working, and barrels produced/consumed almost the same…

all the while Joe and admin are telling us no inflation, then inflation just transitory…and now we sit at 9% inflation per month of May, and well onto $7/gallon for gas by end July

Even more ironic, Joe campaigned on making Saudi Arabia pay for its human rights violation….then went hat in hand to them and to Venezuela …to be told NO…when he asked them to raise production ..:they don’t even answer Joe’s calls any more.

yet Joe hamstringed American producers with line 5, with fracking, with Alaskan drilling…with permits that are more difficult to effect

not sure why you choose to try to eliminate Joe and his green agenda and his $2 trillion stimulus and his Covid policies (which did not decrease deaths as he claimed he would) as major contributors to inflation .

but thought I would make sure facts are posted before this thread is closed
Ignorant.

Supply.

Demand.

It's a global free market. The us president does NOTHING that can impact global gas prices.

Removing the third biggest producer of oil from the market while Chinese demand skyrockets means high demand low supply. It's simple economics.

No one is building out small drilling companies like they did last time because the saudis and Russia flooded the market bankrupting most of the ones that didn't get bought up.

Please don't talk about drilling more or increasing domestic supply unless you understand the economics of lifting fees.

The gas prices were so low because global demand was CRUSHED by covid and there was a glut of supply. Oil companies are ringing the cash register with record earnings.

I will go with OL Charles Jagusah.
I'll stick with Grey as well. I think jagusah will push things out a bit more. Notre Dame has zero leverage with jagusah and freeling to push for early commits as it is known they will take both no matter what.

I'll stick with Grey as well. I think jagusah will push things out a bit more. Notre Dame has zero leverage with jagusah and freeling to push for early commits as it is known they will take both no matter what.
No way if he is waiting til the 4th

Ignorant.

Supply.

Demand.

It's a global free market. The us president does NOTHING that can impact global gas prices.

Removing the third biggest producer of oil from the market while Chinese demand skyrockets means high demand low supply. It's simple economics.

No one is building out small drilling companies like they did last time because the saudis and Russia flooded the market bankrupting most of the ones that didn't get bought up.

Please don't talk about drilling more or increasing domestic supply unless you understand the economics of lifting fees.

The gas prices were so low because global demand was CRUSHED by covid and there was a glut of supply. Oil companies are ringing the cash register with record earnings.
Dumb

Reactions: IrishMike409
To me it’s starting to seem we had a big surge early in recruiting and now we are starting to slow back to reality. I don’t get the vibes that Hanafin is going to pick us. I think he goes Clemson or Bama. Rico won’t be able to turn down an Ohio State offer imo. We aren’t getting Dante Moore, according to many he was a lock. Gallagher is out. Greathouse doesn’t seem all that sure about ND. Tease will likely go to USC. Freeling is unlikely. All these guys were considered part of that top 5 class. I know this won’t be popular to say, but I think it’ll be tough to finish top 5, let alone top 3 like many predicted. While I love the staffs energy and relentless recruiting, I think they are starting to get a dose of reality. There are major issues in WR recruiting.

Last edited:
Dude, go drink some coffee. This is so off base it isn't even worth directly commenting on.

Not off base to question whether we will finish top 5, Homer Simpson. I can love MF but still see this won’t be easy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT