ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting - Closing Time

Golson5

All Star
Apr 15, 2019
It's closing time in recruiting. A lot of our targets left on the board will be deciding in July and probably everyone of them by September

We have a chance to close and have an excellent class

This is who we have left

1. Derek Meadows - high 4 star WR, critical position of need. Competition is Bama, LSU, Ga, Michigan. Crucial piece

2. Nathaniel Owuso Boateng - high 4 star LB, brother of JOK. Elite athlete at LB. Competition is Michigan, OSU, USC

3. Madden Faraimo - high 4 star LB, another big time Cali LB, similar to KVA. Competition is Texas, USC, Washington

4. Jadon Blair - 4 star safety, final piece to our secondary haul. Competition is PSU and Michigan

5. Dylan Robinson - 4 star WR, position of need, size and speed on the outside. Competition is UCLA, Washington, Utah

6. Tanook Hines - 4 star WR, Elite speed 10.45 100m, even better in the 200m. We need speed. Competition is Texas, USC and Baylor

7. JonAnthony Hall - 4 star WR, not sure he has a commitable offer yet. Solid player. Competition is Stanford, Indiana Purdue

Lot of big game hunting out there, this is a fun time for a recruiting junkie like me

Great post thanks. It used to be easy to visualize the recruiting process. Coaches set up in home and campus visits, paint a picture of everything from playing time to education to development. Maybe in an odd case (elsewhere) someone passes an envelope to someone. But with NIL how does it go logistically? Does the coach say we have a great NIL network, go talk to Mr. Money, and circle back. Putting aside whether it is good for the game or fairer to the players, I would be curious as to how it happens and what happens (NIL competition wise) when a player like Deuce blows up. I suspect it looks a lot like making sausage and maybe I should avert my eyes, but curious if anyone here knows a little more about how the evolved process (and the coordination with the NIL. component) plays out.
Again appreciate the post and will keep an eye out on those guys.

Might as well throw Taylor on that list. From what I understand we are favored to land pretty much all those guys you listed besides Hall. But keeping Taylor remains a question mark.

It's closing time in recruiting. A lot of our targets left on the board will be deciding in July and probably everyone of them by September

This is who we have left

1. Derek Meadows - high 4 star WR, critical position of need. Competition is Bama, LSU, Ga, Michigan. Crucial piece

2. Nathaniel Owuso Boateng - high 4 star LB, brother of JOK. Elite athlete at LB. Competition is Michigan, OSU, USC

3. Madden Faraimo - high 4 star LB, another big time Cali LB, similar to KVA. Competition is Texas, USC, Washington

4. Jadon Blair - 4 star safety, final piece to our secondary haul. Competition is PSU and Michigan

5. Dylan Robinson - 4 star WR, position of need, size and speed on the outside. Competition is UCLA, Washington, Utah

6. Tanook Hines - 4 star WR, Elite speed 10.45 100m, even better in the 200m. We need speed. Competition is Texas, USC and Baylor

7. JonAnthony Hall - 4 star WR, not sure he has a commitable offer yet. Solid player. Competition is Stanford, Indiana Purdue

Lot of big game hunting out there, this is a fun time for a recruiting junkie like me
I think Boateng and Hall are the least likely to commit to ND. And I would be thrilled to get the rest to close with a really strong class.

This is who we have left

Not good enough. While the elite programs are closing top tier elite talent, ND is settling for the scraps left over. When will Notre Dame step up their recruiting efforts and compete with the big dawgs! 😜

Not good enough. While the elite programs are closing top tier elite talent, ND is settling for the scraps left over. When will Notre Dame step up their recruiting efforts and compete with the big dawgs! 😜
I have never expected Notre Dame to recruit as well as someone like Ohio St.

Notre Dame kids are expected to attend class.

I think Boateng and Hall are the least likely to commit to ND. And I would be thrilled to get the rest to close with a really strong class.
I think we have a better chance at NOB than to may think. I would put my money on ND as of right now but it's close

Reactions: Kelso86 and Telx1
lol thx Chass (in disguise)

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ

This is who we have left

My initial thoughts are ND gets 3 from this mix

NOB
Blair
Hall

But, these kids have to make the decision that they feel best fits their situation and goals.

I really like the potential finish of this class, but DL recruiting (IMO holds back this class from elite, and is such a critical position).

NOB
Blair
Hall

But, these kids have to make the decision that they feel best fits their situation and goals.
Hall to Stanford is the high probability.

NOB
Blair
Hall

My guess would be we get 4 to 6 and Hall would not be one of them

Right now this our best defensive back class since when Lot Holtz was here
If they can close w/ NOB, Faraimo, Meadows & Hines and keep everyone that should be a top 5 class at worst. If this happens this will be the class responsible for ND's long awaited next NC🍷

Reactions: IrishMike409
Or Robinson. Robinson is very good and I think we are in a great spot for him
I'd prefer robinson replace one of our committed WRs than meadows or hines. I believe the staff will take all 3, but I have Hines and Meadows way ahead of robinson from a top level ability perspective. Meadows is one that has grown on me as he's gotten a chance to show better film vs his JR year HS film. Obviously the big boys feel the same as they've all pushed hard for him last few months.

I'd prefer robinson replace one of our committed WRs than meadows or hines. I believe the staff will take all 3, but I have Hines and Meadows way ahead of robinson from a top level ability perspective. Meadows is one that has grown on me as he's gotten a chance to show better film vs his JR year HS film. Obviously the big boys feel the same as they've all pushed hard for him last few months.
You finally saw it. I won't be surprised if Robinson was the best of all in college of the 5

You finally saw it. I won't be surprised if Robinson was the best of all in college of the 5
Based on what I have watched of Dylan Robinson, I definitely would be. I would prefer him on defense.

Taylor gone, sounds like minimal chance with meadows… Hines questionable, Robinson (by far least talented) most likely

Knight congratulating Taylor flipping

Great day for the Irish

Taylor gone, sounds like minimal chance with meadows… Hines questionable, Robinson (by far least talented) most likely

Knight congratulating Taylor flipping

Great day for the Irish
And meanwhile, the 2025 recruiting class at Notre Dame is a damn good one. Doesn't fit your narrative.

Does not fit what you want to say.

Robinson has as much if not more talent than Hines. Inaccurate stuff by you

You're soft
Not even close to the talent of Hines

If we don’t get Hines or meadows this is the worst wr class on paper I can remember since Robby parris class

We currently have two Mac level wrs committed. We lost the only good player whose dad played for the Steelers

Not even close to the talent of Hines

If we don’t get Hines or meadows this is the worst wr class on paper I can remember since Robby parris class

We currently have two Mac level wrs committed. We lost the only good player whose dad played for the Steelers
That's just stupid stuff

Robinson is rated much higher. And outside of speed he is the better player right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT