ADVERTISEMENT

Purse said ...re Ian Book

kellys heroes 35

Rockne's Water Boy
Oct 23, 2015
That if he sees the field for ND we have a problem

this is what Mike Sanford said re Book -- read and weep my fav nit wit

Quarterbacks coach Mike Sanford on Book: "We believe we found the best football player and the best fit for the University of Notre Dame in the country in the 2016 quarterback class. After really watching the season play out and watching the all-star games play out, having a chance to be present for more workouts of Ian’s even after the season was over during the contact period, it confirmed all the stuff that we believed. We went out and found the best fit for Notre Dame in the 2016 class.

"The thing about Ian in particular is production. You’re always looking for a quarterback that’s a winner. He made his team better by his presence. He’s a guy that took a program that hadn’t had a lot of double-digit wins in the last couple years and really resuscitated that program and really came together his senior year. He’s also a guy that I believe allows us to do everything that we do offensively. Tremendous runner. He does a lot with his legs. When you see this young man, he’s a lot bigger than people think. There’s a difference. Sometimes people get caught up in height. He’s not 6-foot-3, he’s not not 6-foot-4. But when you watch him play football, when you watch him on the field, he doesn’t have a small presence about him."

Reactions: Bodizephax
That if he sees the field for ND we have a problem

this is what Mike Sanford said re Book -- read and weep my fav nit wit

Quarterbacks coach Mike Sanford on Book: "We believe we found the best football player and the best fit for the University of Notre Dame in the country in the 2016 quarterback class. After really watching the season play out and watching the all-star games play out, having a chance to be present for more workouts of Ian’s even after the season was over during the contact period, it confirmed all the stuff that we believed. We went out and found the best fit for Notre Dame in the 2016 class.

"The thing about Ian in particular is production. You’re always looking for a quarterback that’s a winner. He made his team better by his presence. He’s a guy that took a program that hadn’t had a lot of double-digit wins in the last couple years and really resuscitated that program and really came together his senior year. He’s also a guy that I believe allows us to do everything that we do offensively. Tremendous runner. He does a lot with his legs. When you see this young man, he’s a lot bigger than people think. There’s a difference. Sometimes people get caught up in height. He’s not 6-foot-3, he’s not not 6-foot-4. But when you watch him play football, when you watch him on the field, he doesn’t have a small presence about him."
If this kid turns out to be as good as Kellen Moore - he will be a fantastic player - Moore also listed at 6'.

Kelly35, I mentioned when Book committed that I had seen the young man play a few times this past year, and he has a tremendous presence on the field. He's QB smart in that he sees the field and makes his progressions timely and has that knack for pulling the trigger at the right time and to the right receiver. He can make all the throws, and he can extend plays with his feet, and he can do damage with his feet if left unchecked. I don't know if this kid will earn the starting job someday at ND or not, but I am sure he will be competing for it, and give the coaches something to think about. A really nice addition.

What absolutely revolts me Tex is prejudging these kids on star ratings - It's sickening really -- Sanford is the new OC and QB coach and even nit wit supporters of Sanford ( purse ) take a shot at his first QB recruit and WHY because he is a 6'1" 3 star

People who lean exclusively on star ratings do so because they have no idea how to evaluate talent and have no trust in high level college coaches to do their jobs which they are very good at

Reactions: captstabbin
Not quite as fast but he minds me a bit of Manzell . Sanford loves Book and Book is all in w Sanford . Stay tuned for coming attractions

Book also choose to focus on his teams 2015 senior season rather than travel last summer and compete in some camps. Hurt him in the rankings, since this board has so many star-gazers.

I watched Book in person and on film and he is every bit as talented as the kid going to GA with the Kelly last name. If he had played in Socal near a media center he would have easily been a 5 star.

This is a message board everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine on this particular subject is this. ND offered most of the 5 star guys and it would have been good if one of them committed but, they did not. So they offer this 3 star kid that they loved and he committed. Seems like certain schools always get these lower ranked kids and they turn out to be all americans. I for one will be rooting for this kid. Hope in 3 or 4 years he wins the Heisman.

Reactions: kellys heroes 35
What absolutely revolts me Tex is prejudging these kids on star ratings - It's sickening really -- Sanford is the new OC and QB coach and even nit wit supporters of Sanford ( purse ) take a shot at his first QB recruit and WHY because he is a 6'1" 3 star

People who lean exclusively on star ratings do so because they have no idea how to evaluate talent and have no trust in high level college coaches to do their jobs which they are very good at

There are 9 QB top 20 statistics tracked by “college football sports reference” per annum…

9 times 20 = 180 chances per year.

So, in 6 years there are 1,080 chances to place a QB in the top 20.

In 2010 we were skunked

In 2011 we cracked a top 20 position only it was in interceptions. Rees had 14 which ranked him # 12

In 2012 we were skunked.

In 2013 Rees was # 19 in passing TDs with 27, but # 11 in ints with 13.

In 2014 Golson was # 19 in passing yards, #14 in passing tds with 29 and #15 in ints w/ 14.

In 2015 Kizer was # 19 with 8.6 yards per attempt.

So, over 6 years ND placed in the top 20 7 times out of 1,080 spots.

3 times it was for ints.

kelly stinks.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015-leaders.html

There are 9 QB top 20 statistics tracked by “college football sports reference” per annum…

9 times 20 = 180 chances per year.

So, in 6 years there are 1,080 chances to place a QB in the top 20.

In 2010 we were skunked

In 2011 we cracked a top 20 position only it was in interceptions. Rees had 14 which ranked him # 12

In 2012 we were skunked.

In 2013 Rees was # 19 in passing TDs with 27, but # 11 in ints with 13.

In 2014 Golson was # 19 in passing yards, #14 in passing tds with 29 and #15 in ints w/ 14.

In 2015 Kizer was # 19 with 8.6 yards per attempt.

So, over 6 years ND placed in the top 20 7 times out of 1,080 spots.

3 times it was for ints.

kelly stinks.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015-leaders.html

When looking only at volume production, the offense that a QB plays in matters MUCH more than the talent of the QB (or any other player)
(The same thing can be true about the competition faced)

When you look at the efficiency statistics of Kizer in 2015 (and Zaire, in his limitted reps) compared to other QB's who played comparable competition......he looks pretty good

I'm guessing this is too realistic for you though

When looking only at volume production, the offense that a QB plays in matters MUCH more than the talent of the QB (or any other player)
(The same thing can be true about the competition faced)

When you look at the efficiency statistics of Kizer in 2015 (and Zaire, in his limitted reps) compared to other QB's who played comparable competition......he looks pretty good

I'm guessing this is too realistic for you though

I think Kizer played real well. The same with Zaire. Unfortunately, kelly wasted a lot of game development opportunities by not benching Golson sooner. He also blew a ton of spring reps on a lame duck....

Kizer's full season efforts are included in the link I gave....

Zaire, Kizer and Wimbush have tremendous upside.

I can't think of a better trio of QBs that we have ever had from a running threat standpoint.

These guys all have great arms too.

As long as kelly stays out of Sanford's way we should be fine on O....

I think Kizer played real well. The same with Zaire. Unfortunately, kelly wasted a lot of game development opportunities by not benching Golson sooner. He also blew a ton of spring reps on a lame duck....

Kizer's full season efforts are included in the link I gave....

Zaire, Kizer and Wimbush have tremendous upside.

I can't think of a better trio of QBs that we have ever had from a running threat standpoint.

These guys all have great arms too.

As long as kelly stays out of Sanford's way we should be fine on O....
I like how a bunch of QBs that Kelly recruited (and none of them StAnford did)....suddenly Broncs. A credit for Stanford and not for Kelly

Reactions: Bodizephax
I like how a bunch of QBs that Kelly recruited (and none of them StAnford did)....suddenly Broncs. A credit for Stanford and not for Kelly

It is about achieving the upside. Kizer played well this year. Zaire has had terrific moments. Wimbush has shown potential. There isn't a whole lot of "coronation" for the results achieved by them to date. We have seen quarterbacks plateau/regress. Sanford gives me hope....kelly doesn't....

It is about achieving the upside. Kizer played well this year. Zaire has had terrific moments. Wimbush has shown potential. There isn't a whole lot of "coronation" for the results achieved by them to date. We have seen quarterbacks plateau/regress. Sanford gives me hope....kelly doesn't....

Again

I love how you try to exclude Kelly from the success that we're seeing in areas (such as QB)

It's literally hysterical to watch the mental hoops you have to jump through to try and justify/support your personal vendetta against Kelly......after it's been so completely debunked and torn apart

Again

I love how you try to exclude Kelly from the success that we're seeing in areas (such as QB)

It's literally hysterical to watch the mental hoops you have to jump through to try and justify/support your personal vendetta against Kelly......after it's been so completely debunked and torn apart
Decker - Bodi say hello to cvrg for me - his opinion matters to purse so keep him in the game for a few months more . He is really a happy well rounded guy who deserves a hug once in awhile -- btw re accomplishments you may want to inform the consummate douche bag that Brian Kelly has won COY twice and led ND to their first undefeated season in 23 yrs and their only national championship game in the playoff era --

sick scrotum --that's code for pathetic mother f------

Decker - Bodi say hello to cvrg for me - his opinion matters to purse so keep him in the game for a few months more . He is really a happy well rounded guy who deserves a hug once in awhile -- btw re accomplishments you may want to inform the consummate douche bag that Brian Kelly has won COY twice and led ND to their first undefeated season in 23 yrs and their only national championship game in the playoff era --

sick scrotum --that's code for pathetic mother f------

I have cvmr on ignore. He is a broken record on his hatred for anything Notre Dame. I believe he is really a Florida State fan along with his life partner Duo.

I have cvmr on ignore. He is a broken record on his hatred for anything Notre Dame. I believe he is really a Florida State fan along with his life partner Duo.

I have a degree from ND and one of my room mates and another class mate have their masters from FSU. My accurate ire is pointed directly at kelly.
You are emblematic of the losers that I've heard were part of our fan base....

I have a degree from ND and one of my room mates and another class mate have their masters from FSU. My accurate ire is pointed directly at kelly.
You are emblematic of the losers that I've heard were part of our fan base....

You're ire is not at all accurate

And having "a degree from ND" does not necessarily make one an ND fan nor ND their favorite team

You have an anti-ND and an anti-Jelly agenda that's not at all based in sound facts or logic

You're ire is not at all accurate

And having "a degree from ND" does not necessarily make one an ND fan nor ND their favorite team

You have an anti-ND and an anti-Jelly agenda that's not at all based in sound facts or logic

The stats I use are accurate. I liken myself to Yankee fans that couldn't stand Billy Martin. They loved the team and despised/loathed/disliked.... him. I have certainly and accurately described past "player behavioral" problems. Please provide an instance where I knocked ND.

PS I enjoyed your description: "an anti-Jelly agenda". There is a building on campus that bears the name of a lifelong friend/alum that calls him "jelly"..... His dislike of kelly, as with many other alum, is worse than mine....

The stats I use are accurate. I liken myself to Yankee fans that couldn't stand Billy Martin. They loved the team and despised/loathed/disliked.... him. I have certainly and accurately described past "player behavioral" problems. Please provide an instance where I knocked ND.

PS I enjoyed your description: "an anti-Jelly agenda". There is a building on campus that bears the name of a lifelong friend/alum that calls him "jelly"..... His dislike of kelly, as with many other alum, is worse than mine....

As an alumn, I can tell you your in the VAST minority, especially amongst anyone that follows football closely enough to know what they're talking about.

And you frequently post stats that are either slanted, it don't properly address the question at hand...just to forward you agenda

Not to mention you frequently post flat out lies
(Ex. "Kelly is not the winningest active CFB in the FBS)

It is fun watching you contain you fail to make points and get crushed over and over and over again though

Sort of like watching slapstick comedy

As an alumn, I can tell you your in the VAST minority, especially amongst anyone that follows football closely enough to know what they're talking about.

And you frequently post stats that are either slanted, it don't properly address the question at hand...just to forward you agenda

I never wrote this;

"Kelly is not the winningest active CFB in the FBS"

What I did do was accurately respond to this inaccurate remark.

"Kelly actually is the winning-est active CFB coach".

I also provided the fact that there are 8 active CFB HCs with more wins....

One of them is Dennis Douds who has 256 D2 wins.

He isn't "the winning-est active CFB coach" by a long shot.

PS I also provided a ranking of D1 wins and kelly is no where near the top. It's unseemly to add his pee wee record to his D1 totals. Lastly, as an example, I am guessing that the Dodgers and other major league teams won't be adding minor league strikeout/W/L/ERA totals to their major league rookie pitching #s....

Are you claiming to be a graduate of ND?

I never wrote this;

"Kelly is not the winningest active CFB in the FBS"

What I did do was accurately respond to this inaccurate remark.

"Kelly actually is the winning-est active CFB coach".

I also provided the fact that there are 8 active CFB HCs with more wins....

One of them is Dennis Douds who has 256 D2 wins.

He isn't "the winning-est active CFB coach" by a long shot.

PS I also provided a ranking of D1 wins and kelly is no where near the top. It's unseemly to add his pee wee record to his D1 totals. Lastly, as an example, I am guessing that the Dodgers and other major league teams won't be adding minor league strikeout/W/L/ERA totals to their major league rookie pitching #s....

The fact that you're equating coaching records and player stats really says all that needs to be said about the accuracy of the "stats" and "arguments" that you post

The reality is that Kelly is the winningest active coach in the FBS....that's a major accomplishment that you constantly try to ignore and/or down-play...which again shows your lack of objectivity

The reality is...you can never back up any of your anti-Kelly agenda after someone with a brain puts you in your place.....which happens often

The fact that you're equating coaching records and player stats really says all that needs to be said about the accuracy of the "stats" and "arguments" that you post

The reality is that Kelly is the winningest active coach in the FBS....that's a major accomplishment that you constantly try to ignore and/or down-play...which again shows your lack of objectivity

The reality is...you can never back up any of your anti-Kelly agenda after someone with a brain puts you in your place.....which happens often

I'd say padding stats is padding stats. Adding minor league accomplishments to major league totals is akin to adding kelly's D2 wins with D1. The D2 totals, like minor league baseball stats, have no relevance to the major leagues....

Yep.

Class of 2013.
(Bachelor's of Science)

It's also one of the schools I'm considering for my JD/MBA

Seriously?

"You're ire is not at all accurate..."

"As an alumn, I can tell you your in the VAST minority,..."

"And you frequently post stats that are either slanted, it don't properly address the question at hand...just to forward you agenda..."

The above are just from this thread.... Did you skip English?

Would you like to play a game to see if you can prove you are an alum?

I will play too.

It'll take less than 5 minutes and you will need to be on line.

Are you game?

I'd say padding stats is padding stats. Adding minor league accomplishments to major league totals is akin to adding kelly's D2 wins with D1. The D2 totals, like minor league baseball stats, have no relevance to the major leagues....

Again, this shows your total lack of understanding and agenda

Kelly's experience at Grand Valley State is a major reason why he was seen as such a hot commodity prior to coming to ND, and why he has had more success than previous coaches who lacked the significant experience he had as a HC prior to taking the ND job.

Your attempts to obfuscate and downplay major facts, because you don't like them, are exactly why you're claim of accuracy is soooooo laughable

You're about as accurate and fact based as a Chicago political campaign

Seriously?

"And you frequently post stats that are either slanted, it don't properly address the question at hand...just to forward you agenda..."

The above are just from this thread.... Did you skip English?

Would you like to play a game to see if you can prove you are an alum?

I will play too.

It'll take less than 5 minutes and you will need to be on line.

Are you game?

I really don't proof read posts, or care about spelling grammar on here....especially when posting from my phone.

I'm certainly down to prove I'm an alumn

I'm on the internet now
(though I'm flying to Washington for work, if that affects your "game")

I really don't proof read posts, or care about spelling grammar on here....especially when posting from my phone.

I'm certainly down to prove I'm an alumn

I'm on the internet now
(though I'm flying to Washington for work, if that affects your "game")

First off, Notre Dame does not have a "(Bachelor's of Science)" degree.

We do have a "Bachelor of Science" degree...

That will help your paltry resume'...

Let me know when you're ready to play.

First off, Notre Dame does not have a "(Bachelor's of Science)" degree.

We do have a "Bachelor of Science" degree...

That will help your paltry resume'...

Let me know when you're ready to play.

Does being the spelling police on the Free Board of an Internet CFB Recruiting Site make you feel important?

Do you know how much we (ie anyone who's remotely successful) laugh at people like you...?

What's your "game"?

Does being the spelling police on the Free Board of an Internet CFB Recruiting Site make you feel important?

Do you know how much we (ie anyone who's remotely successful) laugh at people like you...?

What's your "game"?

Are you kidding? You don't even know what degree you got. It's not about spelling.
It's about you adding an apostrophe and an "s" to it. That's not a spelling error.
That's sheer idiocy. Are you online now?

Are you kidding? You don't even know what degree you got. It's not about spelling.
It's about you adding an apostrophe and an "s" to it. That's not a spelling error.
That's sheer idiocy. Are you online now?

That's exactly what a spelling/grammar error is...and I've never had the time of day for it.

Obviously, I am

That's exactly what a spelling/grammar error is...and I've never had the time of day for it.

Obviously, I am

"So I had one typo while posting on a cell phone...."

88 TheDecker, Yesterday at 9:51 PM"

You're really good at math!!!!

The above are just samples from this thread.....

"A typographical error (often shortened to typo) is a mistake made in the typing process (such as a spelling mistake)[2] of printed material. Historically, this referred to mistakes in manual type-setting (typography). The term includes errors due to mechanical failure or slips of the hand or finger,[3] but excludes errors of ignorance, such as spelling errors. Before the arrival of printing, the "copyist's mistake" or "scribal error" was the equivalent for manuscripts. Most typos involve simple duplication, omission, transposition, or substitution of a small number of characters."

"Class of 2013.
(Bachelor's of Science)

32 TheDecker, Yesterday at 12:42 PM"

That's very funny stuff. Thanks for the continued chuckles.

8 years of college down the drain....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT