ADVERTISEMENT

Potential Rainstorms for ND @ NCST

Dec 29, 2005
My friend is already down there for the game and said they’re forecasting potentially heavy rain and thunderstorms in Raleigh this Saturday afternoon.

I’m not sure if this gives either team an advantage but if I had to choose, I’d say NCST for the simple fact that rain typically slows down games and degrades the potential for explosive plays in the passing game.

NCST’s QB (Armstrong) is very good running the football too.

Hopefully, NDs run game plays similarly to the way it has the first two games. If that happens, ND should be fine.

I think ND pulls out the Dub but it’ll probably be closer then we’d like.

Looks like a quarter inch of rain and no big wind issue, so as long as the unsung equipment manager is on his game, we should be good! In terms of predictions, I predict an epic argument between SJB and his alter ego Chase as split personality conflict is often exacerbated by stress.

Reactions: Kelso86
Bad weather for Notre Dame vs NC State is par for the course. I remember 2016‘s game during hurricane Mathew when purple face ran the ball four times the entire game and ND lost 10-3.
Since it was a blinding rain, Kelly assumed their defenders wouldn't be able to see our receivers come off the line of scrimmage.

God, every time I think of that game, it goes to the top of my pile of worst coached games in history.

Last edited:
If we get a hurricane maybe we can get BK on the phone to call plays. What do you guys think of 5 wide and Chuck it all over the field instead of pounding them into submission??? 😉

Since it was a blinding rain, Kelly assumed their defenders wouldn't be able to see our receivers come off the line of scrimmage.

God, every time I think of that game, it goes to the top of my pile of worst coached games in history.
I dunno.....The Tulsa game in 2010 is hard to ignore. That was Textbook Kelly.

Raleigh updated for cast

Partly to mostly cloudy with scattered afternoon and evening showers and storms. The weather for the NC State vs Notre Dame game looks relatively calm with only about a 20% for stray showers. Rain chances ramp up after the game. Highs make it into the mid to upper 80s.

Reactions: Kelso86
I dunno.....The Tulsa game in 2010 is hard to ignore. That was Textbook Kelly.
To me, the difference is the NCST game was just a relentless torrent of stupidity, whereas Tulsa was a major brain fart at the end of the game. Really no different than the Michigan game, where he had freshmen QBs try gadget plays that failed in a game where the defense was doing a pretty good job. There are times when it pays to be conservative and protect the ball.

On the Wolfpack message boards, we still bring up how terrible that coaching job was by BK. Every time we play in heavy rain, it gets brought up.

My friend is already down there for the game and said they’re forecasting potentially heavy rain and thunderstorms in Raleigh this Saturday afternoon.

I’m not sure if this gives either team an advantage but if I had to choose, I’d say NCST for the simple fact that rain typically slows down games and degrades the potential for explosive plays in the passing game.

NCST’s QB (Armstrong) is very good running the football too.

Hopefully, NDs run game plays similarly to the way it has the first two games. If that happens, ND should be fine.

I think ND pulls out the Dub but it’ll probably be closer then we’d like.
If it brains that hard... ND 100% has the advantage!!!! RB's to offensive line to good blocking wide receivers... not even close!!! ND D will T off if it's raining hard!!!!

On the Wolfpack message boards, we still bring up how terrible that coaching job was by BK. Every time we play in heavy rain, it gets brought up.
I attended that game in 2016. I’m still trying to dry out after that deluge.

Reactions: alpha08
I’m at the stadium, a good bit of rain but a ton of lightning since 930… should be clearing up soon then it looks like a long gap

Reactions: FightingIrish44
I hope so because really right now there is thunder and lightning in Raleigh on a constant basis. The ACC might be wise to cancel for another date if this does not clear up by 11:00 am

Adverse weather increases the likelihood of TURNOVERS.

Which could decide the game !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT