ADVERTISEMENT

Possible new OC

Good points but I disagree that Parker is a safe pick. I think he is about as exciting of a hire as a NASCAR race. Instantly nobody would want to play for him.
Safe in that he's in house, friends with freeman, and guarenteed to take the job and likely keep things mostly the same.

Not safe from the standpoint of someone I would want to see lol

If you can get Brady to recruit he’s an intriguing one. Moorhead is also intriguing.
There are stud recruiters on offense and we have freeman and Mason... For the right oc, I don't know that he needs to be a stud recruiters, but that is what mf said he looked for in the past

There are stud recruiters on offense and we have freeman and Mason... For the right oc, I don't know that he needs to be a stud recruiters, but that is what mf said he looked for in the past
Agree and we already have the quarterback situation figured out for a while. All Brady would have to do is recruit a 25 quarterback.

I wouldn’t be surprised with anything on this. One positive with Ruggiero is if Hartman does give that one his blessing, and Freeman is set in Buchner, he’d probably be good. But we might lose CJ over it. At the end of the day you gotta win now.

Said no one ever. Such a good coach he lost his running game coordinator title after one whole season. He's known for one thing and one thing only, recruiting. Autry Denson was a significantly better position coach. Talk to anyone at OSU, Alford does very little if any coaching ..99 % of his time is dedicated to recruiting which he excels at.
Autry denson????

Rees was a risk to nfl after a good 2022 season, it wasn’t good and Rees didn’t do good so he’s jumping to easier wins even if he doesn’t do great….

Freeman had to of been ready for this, we MUST have a good hire because we have good offensive talent, young talent!

Reactions: Telx1
I wouldn’t be surprised with anything on this. One positive with Ruggiero is if Hartman does give that one his blessing, and Freeman is set in Buchner, he’d probably be good. But we might lose CJ over it. At the end of the day you gotta win now.
Ruggerio wont be a candidate. We're not bringing that gimmick mesh to ND

Reactions: mirer03
What about Paul Chryst? Emphasis on the run game. Lots of experience coaching QBs. Previous HFC at Pitt and Wisconsin. Not sure how good of a recruiter he is, but I think he has a lot to offer.

Reactions: Airzee23
What about Paul Chryst? Emphasis on the run game. Lots of experience coaching QBs. Previous HFC at Pitt and Wisconsin. Not sure how good of a recruiter he is, but I think he has a lot to offer.
Chryst is now old, he does like recruiting anymore and it was widely know in the Madtown area that he would not embrace the NIL.

I just threw up in my mouth.
I just threw up on the floor....

Seriously though, I don't want David Shaw, no offense. And furthermore please tell me there is no truth to this thing, this rumor that MF favors a plodding, run-first, 1980s style offense. What I want MF to favor is getting the best effing OC, with the most badass state of the art offense he can find, and then to hire him, and then to expeditiously get that offense installed and implemented, and then go kick some ass and make the playoff.

I don't give a shit about MF's sorry-ass philosophical preferences, this ain't no rest home! And more importantly that's not why he was hired. Nobody gives a F about MF's personal football predilictions, or even much respects them. He was hired because he's young, vital, energetic, ambitious, and maybe has the potential and the makings of a good leader. So be a leader and go out there and get the best coaches you can, like pretty much any other coach would quite frankly. And don't make no effin' excuses. We'll leave the grand visions aside for the time being....

Joe Brady 33 yr old Bills QB coach....was an offensive coordinator.
He was the co offensive coordinator and didn't have play calling duties. In fact he's never called a single play in college football.

I'd go after Ludwig and then Moorhead. If you don't get either I'd go for chip long and be done

I'd go after Ludwig and then Moorhead. If you don't get either I'd go for chip long and be done
Some of Chip's plays were obvious and read easliy by opponent Ds.Ludwig is a fit for sure. Would Moorehead even leave Penn St. given all their talent lately?They could beat both Michigan and OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT