ADVERTISEMENT

Possible new OC

96domer

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 2, 2015
I know I will get absolutely pummeled for posting this, but in my very humble opinion, I believe
Charley Weiss jr. would be a great fit. Before you start posting negative and profane comments
to me and about Charley remember, we are both grads of a our Lady. He is not his dad in any way shape or form.
(Play on words) He has been an assistant under some well known coaches, including Saban, who has said the kid has an exceptional offensive mind. Just putting it out. Please be kind.

Last edited:
Then why didn't Saban go after him?
He is currently starting his second year as the Co offensive coordinator at the University of Mississippi. I was mistaken when I implied he was a ND grad. He graduated from the University of Kansas.

That would be classic. Other than I would fear for our nation, and our posterity if the two best OCs on the market are Tommy Rees and Charlie Weis, Jr. Something's probably wrong with your society if that's the case....

That would be classic. Other than I would fear for our nation, and our posterity if the two best OCs on the market are Tommy Rees and Charlie Weis, Jr. Something's probably wrong with your society if that's the case....
I fear for our nation because of people like the old Savvy. You seem more logical recently. Gives me hope.

I am hearing rumors about Parker. That is very disappointing if they are tru. If Freeman picks Parker to lead our offense, Jack Swarbrick should veto it. No way Parker is a needle mover or a QB coach. He might want the job, but this is ND and you need to deserve the job. That would be an epic disappointment not just to fans, but likely Carr and the Williams's too.

I am hearing rumors about Parker. That is very disappointing if they are tru. If Freeman picks Parker to lead our offense, Jack Swarbrick should veto it. No way Parker is a needle mover or a QB coach. He might want the job, but this is ND and you need to deserve the job. That would be an epic disappointment not just to fans, but likely Carr and the Williams's too.
We would hire a QB coach obviously

I dont know. Saban is about to hire Rees and most don't think much of him. Hartline has never called a play in his life.
Hartline at least has earned the right to move up through recruiting development and coaching making him the best at his position coaching…. Not sure Rees had done any of the 3 to get promotions until lately with recruiting , then when he finally starts doing some good for nd he bolts

Mcnulty should get a look before parker IMHO. He's a proven QB coach and wants to run a similar system to reesm. His bc teams were snake bitten by tons of injuries.

Reactions: VictorMack
If we are willing to go $ for $ with Bama can we just use those $’s to get someone with a proven track record of success. Rees not good, Mcnulty not good, Parker not good. For crying out loud it shouldn’t be hard.

Hartline at least has earned the right to move up through recruiting development and coaching making him the best at his position coaching…. Not sure Rees had done any of the 3 to get promotions until lately with recruiting , then when he finally starts doing some good for nd he bolts
🤪🤪

Offense has been average under Rees and qb recruiting and development awful…. What has he coached?

Then why is Nick hiring him-----or do you know more than him along with most of the free world ?

Tierney from the Giants would be my first choice if Rees leaves.

I know I will get absolutely pummeled for posting this, but in my very humble opinion, I believe
Charley Weiss jr. would be a great fit. Before you start posting negative and profane comments
to me and about Charley remember, we are both grads of a our Lady. He is not his dad in any way shape or form.
(Play on words) He has been an assistant under some well known coaches, including Saban, who has said the kid has an exceptional offensive mind. Just putting it out. Please be kind.
Great offensive mind? Didn't ND beat South Florida with him as OC, 55-0. Yet his team put up decent nos. with Miss.

Last edited:
Then why is Nick hiring him-----or do you know more than him along with most of the free world ?

Tierney from the Giants would be my first choice if Rees leaves.
Because nicks first choice said no, then his second choice said no, then his third choice said no, then his fourth choice said no, then possibly his fifth choice said no......... now he's on to Rees.

The top at the position can say no but maybe Rees just can't.

I dont know. Saban is about to hire Rees and most don't think much of him. Hartline has never called a play in his life.
"Hartline has never called a play in his life"

Np -- and that is why he is under Day's tutelage. Hartline, like Rees, is an up and coming HC to be soon. But, if you look at his coaching lineage, I would bet he will be similar to Day and be very aggressive and throw the ball.

They all have to start somewhere.

Reactions: echowaker
Don’t care. Would Bama, Georgia, or Ohio State hire Parker as OC?

If we are willing to go $ for $ with Bama can we just use those $’s to get someone with a proven track record of success. Rees not good, Mcnulty not good, Parker not good. For crying out loud it shouldn’t be hard.
Mcnulty has been very good as an oc in college. His oline was DECIMATED this year with injuries.

I wonder with Kelly gone would chip long be an option... Kelly did a pretty bad smear job on the guy, but he was a very good coach

Reactions: VictorMack
Because nicks first choice said no, then his second choice said no, then his third choice said no, then his fourth choice said no, then possibly his fifth choice said no......... now he's on to Rees.

The top at the position can say no but maybe Rees just can't.
This is incorrect

Reactions: IrishMike409
I would consider Dan Mullen....he was a GA at ND...so he knows the place. Mullen has a decade of head coaching experience in the SEC...that alone carries experience that is hard to match. His head coaching record is 103/67 (.62)...but he's 7-3 in bowl games. Not sure about baggage...but Mullen would bring a ton of experience to offset Al Golden and the defense and support the green head coach at ND. He's also known to be a good offensive coordinator.

Reactions: NDblitz
"If we are willing to go $ for $ with Bama can we just use those $’s to get someone with a proven track record of success. Rees not good, Mcnulty not good, Parker not good. For crying out loud it shouldn’t be hard."

well -- who are YOU going after then?

He at least talked to and possibly offered/garnered interest level with 4-5 people before Rees with better resumes.

Now we're at possibly offered----much different than you're previous post.

You're a comic strip character.

The guy he did offer from Washington has a 3 year deal at 2 million a year with a guy he's been coaching with for over 10 years .

He isn't leaving for any college OC job.

I wasn't even following any of this shit, so how many other coaches were offered/pursued before Rees? I didn't even think of that aspect at all. TR is their top choice, as of today or yesterday, and he achieved that status by way of other coaches not taking the job first. So how many was it?

That's still good, even if he's only 3rd or 4th choice. Still a feather in your cap. In addition to the fact that if he accepts the job, he'll actually be coaching at Bama next year. Above and beyond the mere prestige of it.

Saban to OCs is like Tarantino to a lot of actors…. He gets a lot of actors that used to be bigger and are struggling. Puts them in an amazing movie, they do their role but get a bunch of attention, leading to other future good roles, but not at the level they used to be.

I would consider Dan Mullen....he was a GA at ND...so he knows the place. Mullen has a decade of head coaching experience in the SEC...that alone carries experience that is hard to match. His head coaching record is 103/67 (.62)...but he's 7-3 in bowl games. Not sure about baggage...but Mullen would bring a ton of experience to offset Al Golden and the defense and support the green head coach at ND. He's also known to be a good offensive coordinator.
Per lucky lefty podcast mullen was looked at before and deemed not a Notre Dame fit

Freeman maybe got caught with his pants down. If both coordinators are leaving and he hasn’t been lining something up with elite coaches to take the two jobs. This is yet another reason to hire an experienced HC. This should be interesting to watch.

I wasn't even following any of this shit, so how many other coaches were offered/pursued before Rees? I didn't even think of that aspect at all. TR is their top choice, as of today or yesterday, and he achieved that status by way of other coaches not taking the job first. So how many was it?

That's still good, even if he's only 3rd or 4th choice. Still a feather in your cap. In addition to the fact that if he accepts the job, he'll actually be coaching at Bama next year. Above and beyond the mere prestige of it.
Grubb and Lebby for sure

Freeman maybe got caught with his pants down. If both coordinators are leaving and he hasn’t been lining something up with elite coaches to take the two jobs. This is yet another reason to hire an experienced HC. This should be interesting to watch.
Jack no doubt has a Rolodex, freeman not so sure. Although jack’s “ thorough, exhaustive search” when selecting Marcus didn’t seem that exhaustive. Plenty of guys would love to have the job though so I’m sure cmf is getting lots of calls from agents

The sky is falling, the sky is falling

Tony freaking Alford.
Ha,ha. That's a good one. Guy could never call a game. He recruits period. Doesn't do much else. Was stripped of his faux title of co run game coordinator recently. No one hires Tony to actually coach. Best recruiter in the business though.

Reactions: Kelso86
ADVERTISEMENT