ADVERTISEMENT

Possible new OC

Saban to OCs is like Tarantino to a lot of actors…. He gets a lot of actors that used to be bigger and are struggling. Puts them in an amazing movie, they do their role but get a bunch of attention, leading to other future good roles, but not at the level they used to be.
🤪🤪🤪🤪

Ha,ha. That's a good one. Guy could never call a game. He recruits period. Doesn't do much else. Was stripped of his faux title of co run game coordinator recently. No one hires Tony to actually coach. Best recruiter in the business though.
Elite recruiter, good running backs coach

Reactions: Kelso86
Freeman maybe got caught with his pants down. If both coordinators are leaving and he hasn’t been lining something up with elite coaches to take the two jobs. This is yet another reason to hire an experienced HC. This should be interesting to watch.
What are you talking about? No he didn't. He's totally ready for Rees to leave.
1. He didn't hire him
2. He knew Rees was looking to move inside three years
To think he doesn't have a list of preferred candidates is asinine. He's also lockstep with the admins that conveniently let it leak that money isn't an issue...basically advertising that ND is gonna drop a bag on OC to potential candidates.

Al Golden has been very up front about wanting NFL coordinator position...he isn't likely leaving this year, but if he does, freeman will be ready.

Just another anti Notre Dame post from the uninformed.

What are you talking about? No he didn't. He's totally ready for Rees to leave.
1. He didn't hire him
2. He knew Rees was looking to move inside three years
To think he doesn't have a list of preferred candidates is asinine. He's also lockstep with the admins that conveniently let it leak that money isn't an issue...basically advertising that ND is gonna drop a bag on OC to potential candidates.

Al Golden has been very up front about wanting NFL coordinator position...he isn't likely leaving this year, but if he does, freeman will be ready.

Just another anti Notre Dame post from the uninformed.
"Just another anti Notre Dame post from the uninformed."

That is his MO -- which why I have him on ignore

In all seriousness, ND has to simply land a monster name at OC. Losing BK and Rees to the SEC is making ND look like a farm league. We are at a crossroads here. We either take it up the ass or we go bigger than Rees and pay bigger than Saban.

Some names to chew on. Likely our guy is in here…. Lebby, Mullen, Brady, Moorehead, Frost, Grubb, Chryst, Weis Jr, Johnson, Robinson, Leftwich, Ruggiero, Gattis, Parker.

In all serious, ND has to land a monster OC. Name means nothing. I don't care if it's a big name or a small name. The results is what matters

MF accepted Tommy when he signed to be HC. But now I think he will be given most of the input on Tommy's successor.

Moorehead is making less than 500K at Akron. Rees was making four times that.

Reactions: mirer03
Elite recruiter, good running backs coach
Said no one ever. Such a good coach he lost his running game coordinator title after one whole season. He's known for one thing and one thing only, recruiting. Autry Denson was a significantly better position coach. Talk to anyone at OSU, Alford does very little if any coaching ..99 % of his time is dedicated to recruiting which he excels at.

Reactions: Kelso86
Is why Hartman left Wake.
It is also why Hartman was so successful and the same for their entire off the past few years. Don't need to use exact same system of slow mesh, but combine it and enhance a hybrid type of more Pro off oriented that suits our RB talent and improve Hartmans Pro status.

Said no one ever.
Many people have.

I've watched a good amount of OSU and obviously him at ND

His players block well, play hard, dont have fumble issues for the most Ive seen, dont commit dumb headed plays or penalties. Hes gotten a lot out of freshman as well

Maybe you're a hater or dont like him but you can't point to his players being not prepared or well coached for the most part

One thing I like about a new OC is that it will hopefully be a developer of QBs. We have the kids, now let’s make them. Minchey and Carr have a high ceiling. Hartman can help the youngsters learn as well. Then it’s Minchey and Carr time. Buchner can go play for a triple option team where he belongs.

Considering Freeman wants a physical, run first offense, what about David Shaw. Stanford’s offense would work at ND. Plus he always had very good QBs. Just a thought

One thing I like about a new OC is that it will hopefully be a developer of QBs. We have the kids, now let’s make them. Minchey and Carr have a high ceiling. Hartman can help the youngsters learn as well. Then it’s Minchey and Carr time. Buchner can go play for a triple option team where he belongs.
If freeman hires a spread option oc your tears are going to be filling pint glasses lol

Considering Freeman wants a physical, run first offense, what about David Shaw. Stanford’s offense would work at ND. Plus he always had very good QBs. Just a thought
I like the idea, but shaw himself has said he doesn't like recruiting which may take him out of contention

Said no one ever. Such a good coach he lost his running game coordinator title after one whole season. He's known for one thing and one thing only, recruiting. Autry Denson was a significantly better position coach. Talk to anyone at OSU, Alford does very little if any coaching ..99 % of his time is dedicated to recruiting which he excels at.
Once you said Autry Denson I knew you were clueless on the subject

Some names to chew on. Likely our guy is in here…. Lebby, Mullen, Brady, Moorehead, Frost, Grubb, Chryst, Weis Jr, Johnson, Robinson, Leftwich, Ruggiero, Gattis, Parker.
Random thoughts

Lebby isn't coming
Mullen had issues when he was vetted by ND previously (per lucky lefty he's not viewed as ND fit)
Frost had MAJOR issues at Nebraska that will keep him from getting a look. Read a Nebraska forum and there are some pretty horrid things
Weis Jr isn't ready and I doubt after the way ND fans treated his dad or him he will have interest
Parker is the safe pick, but think mf swings for fences
Ruggiero would lose Hartman instantly, but would be amazing with Buchner
Gattis will likely get a look as will Brady
Not sure on others... I'd expect golden to have some NFL ideas as well

Shaw is a big name. Not sure he’d excite any recruits though to be honest. The last time he was relevant Obama was president.

Good points but I disagree that Parker is a safe pick. I think he is about as exciting of a hire as a NASCAR race. Instantly nobody would want to play for him.

WF system worked well for Hartman and WR AT Perry...quite well. And they ran the ball almost as often (but not as many yards) as ND.

Whoever it is I hope he has multiple years exp as an OC and proven history with QB's doing well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT