ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Priorities

NDblitz

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Dec 15, 2021
Feel like ND might lose/encourage 15 or so players in the portal. I'd like to see them get the Slackman guy at DT and the Edge kid from Miami Harvey. A QB and maybe a Safety. Other than that not sure if ND has any needs.

At least one stud wide receiver with great speed. If Fisher declares for the draft, which sounds likely, then getting an experienced left tackle might be a high priority.

Reactions: Tru2Irish and d1042
Five-star WR from USC in portal. Raleek Brown. Any chance?
Not a 5* any longer. JMO, he is the kind of RB, that if feed the ball he would excel; breaking off a long one regularly.
CLR, excellent offensive mind, meh on talent evaluation, poor recruiter, never adapts to the player (1 exception). Probably gone in 2 yrs.

At least one stud wide receiver with great speed. If Fisher declares for the draft, which sounds likely, then getting an experienced left tackle might be a high priority.
Fisher needs more work. He has only two years of playing time and did not distinguish himself this year. He should bring it back and play himself into the first round. If he gets a 2nd round grade I guess I would leave as you become a free agent one year earlier but if third round or later smart move is to come back.

Fisher needs more work. He has only two years of playing time and did not distinguish himself this year. He should bring it back and play himself into the first round. If he gets a 2nd round grade I guess I would leave as you become a free agent one year earlier but if third round or later smart move is to come back.
I agree that he needs more work. But, he made It pretty clear that he doesn’t see value in returning to play left tackle, as the prospect of learning a new position his junior year is not of any interest. I think he’ll declare, and get drafted in the second or third round as a projected guard. Not sure staying and playing RT would improve his draft prospects as a guard. If he thinks he will play tackle at the next level, then he absolutely should stay to improve his draft prospects. I suspect NFL feedback will suggest he is viewed as guard potential; but I’ve been singing his praises as a guard vs tackle for a couple years and neither Rudolph or Harry agreed🥴

DL, safety, LB, receiver, any upgrade, of course QB.
I would not limit just positions of need. All alpha’s are welcome.

If Q can play 4 seasons, anyone can.

Not sure I'd bring in too many wrs. You are trying to keep guys ..bringing in more people could possibly cause more defections...

Fine line there. Get a good wr coach asap. Then see what's left in portal. I wouldn't make it a priority unless more defect

Not sure I'd bring in too many wrs. You are trying to keep guys ..bringing in more people could possibly cause more defections...

Fine line there. Get a good wr coach asap. Then see what's left in portal. I wouldn't make it a priority unless more defect
At least 2 top notch receivers. If CMF would pursue Cummings from Zona, he might pull wr McMillan with him. Kid had 1,200 yds. receiving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT