ADVERTISEMENT

Pick 1 class to trade with

j22201

Shakes Down The Thunder
Sep 12, 2005
if you could trade signing classes with anyone, who would it be?

Not cheesy at all. If you chose ND then I'm all in for you. I'm going to support you. I'm going to cheer my 65 year old lungs out for you. I will stand the whole tootin' game for you. Not even thinking about what might have been.
It was a hypothetical question. Glad you took the time to respond to it though.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Not cheesy at all. If you chose ND then I'm all in for you. I'm going to support you. I'm going to cheer my 65 year old lungs out for you. I will stand the whole tootin' game for you. Not even thinking about what might have been.
Absolutely, and that's the mindset that I think sets ND apart. But if it's one of those hypothetical worlds in a complete vacuum where there are no other strings attached or conditions applied, then Georgia's class looks pretty darn impressive.

In the real world, always take a kid that wants to be at ND.

Reactions: nemeth#5
I hope some of you guys never tell the wife who you would trade them in for if you had the chance. That would be a risky endeavor to say the least. You might think it, but never say it out loud.

Luckily, how I feel about my wife is drastically different from how I feel about a college football team.

Is this thread a joke? Georgia just signed 7 of the consensus top 25 players in the country and 20 of the top 300.

For comparisons sake, Notre Dame signed 0 players in the top 25, and only 11 in the top 300.

I don't care how die hard ND you are -- only a fool or a masochist would not swap ND's haul with Georgia's.

Last edited:
Yowza! I would not want to be the Irish fan to tell any of our new recruits that I would trade them in a NY minute for the Georgia class. That's paramount to telling our new QB recruit to decommit from ND and go somewhere else after the Stanford loss which actually happened. This old fool will stand by our 2018 class and never look back.

This board isn't for communicating with NDs recruits/football players

This board is for ND fans to communicate among each other.
And recruits and players don't read these boards? It doesn't matter. Fantasize about Georgia, Bama, OSU all you want because when you wake up tomorrow morning, our 2018 recruits will still be our recruits. Some fans are never flippin' happy. Always want the other HC who don't want you. Always want the other OC/DC who don't want you. Always want the other players who don't want you. Regardless, don't take this as an angry response but just a friendly debate. No harm, no foul.

Last edited:
If you lament the misses and the deficiencies after signing day, you will just make yourself miserable. That's for coaches to do. Fans can just assume we got 27 potential All-American total studs until something proves otherwise. Much more fun that way.

Reactions: IRISHJD98
USC signed one hell of a class as well

But, ESPN just totally ignored USC.
UGA composite class rating was 94.23
USC composite class rating was 94.23
UGA got a few impact linemen, therefore the edge goes to UGA.

Ignored USC? "College Football Live" just had a nice segment on USC and actually showed several of their players committing. Two days of recruiting coverage on that show and not one single syllable about ND. ESPN has the Irish rated ninth if that means anything. It was basically a georgia /OSU lovefest. Hell, Michigan did no better than 20th and even they had a segment.

Well on Wed. I was looking at ESPN (on line) and there was nothing much. Then I read the same comment about ESPN on the SC board. So in meantime, someone tipped off ESPN?

There is always Navy, Northwestern, Tulsa, South Florida, Duke, NC State, Stanford and Wake Forest.

Well on Wed. I was looking at ESPN (on line) and there was nothing much. Then I read the same comment about ESPN on the SC board. So in meantime, someone tipped off ESPN?
On the 2017 "College Football Finale" today, one segment was on programs with QB competitions going into next Fall. ND wasn't even a thought to these guys. Bama, Georgia, and Texas all were though. Not sure if this is NBC backlash or ND isn't of national importance as I think we still are. Texas is 31-32 in their last five years and has had losing seasons three out of the last four. Somehow they remain relevant to these ESPN football analysts.

Wish I could "like" that 10 times.

But, ESPN just totally ignored USC.
UGA composite class rating was 94.23
USC composite class rating was 94.23
UGA got a few impact linemen, therefore the edge goes to UGA.

UGA gets the edge but not because of that. We have 14 o-line on the roster. We were only looking for one chioce one/ UGA's number are brought down by the number of three stars which gives depth. They have an amazing number of five stars. Numbers wise it's a draw but UGA has one of the best classes ever.

Any teamaverages over 4 stars in a class it is epic.

What did ESPN rank ND? Georgia their #1? Thanks in advance.
I believe it was 9th. While I'm at it, you read my complaints about "College Football Live" and their ignore of all things ND in their recruiting shows and their 2017 season wrap up. What I didn't say was they showed a montage of the whole season and yep, you guessed it, ND was not in the montage as a winner or loser. This is the only place I can complain because everyone around me in the real world doesn't care one single bit.

I believe it was 9th. While I'm at it, you read my complaints about "College Football Live" and their ignore of all things ND in their recruiting shows and their 2017 season wrap up. What I didn't say was they showed a montage of the whole season and yep, you guessed it, ND was not in the montage as a winner or loser. This is the only place I can complain because everyone around me in the real world doesn't care one single bit.

Honestly, I respect the law of averages. If three recruiting services give the same kid 5 stars. Chances are........ Not gonna lie but a tad jaded with the recruiting numbers. Watch games then wonder why aren't we crushing these guys? I do know that if a kid is rated a 5 star then theres a good chance he will materialize and go off to the NFL.

No problem. Time is on my side....yes it is.
Apparently it is for Keith Richards. He's looked 80+ for the last 25 years but is still hanging in there. For those of you under 50 or 60, you may have no idea why I brought Keith into the conversation. I like this ND class. The QB could be special and in today's game, that is a "game changer". This Irish got speed at receiver and DB. Great LB class. We'll see about the overall OL class but as you say, "they want to be here" and that says a lot. No class is perfect but I sure wish the Irish could have landed a couple of more big time DL players. It will be essential to do that this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT