ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kiffin back to SEC signs w/ Mississippi

This was a move I was hoping ND would make. I think Kiffin has as much upside as anybody. He can flat out recruit his ass off and will prioritize it with a coaching staff.

Wondering if Charlie Weis Jr. is going to be coordinating his offense there?

This is the kind of news about 5 years ago that would have really chapped some asses around here. Surprised nobody cares to go on a rant about what a dog Lane Kiffin is or whatever. lol

This was a move I was hoping ND would make. I think Kiffin has as much upside as anybody. He can flat out recruit his ass off and will prioritize it with a coaching staff.

Surely you didn't want Kiffin as the head coach at ND. He may be able to recruit, but his record indicates he doesn't do the best with those players. One good year at SC and that's about it. He was 8-5, 10-2, 7-6, and 3-2 before being fired.

Link: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/lane-kiffin-1.html

kiff is a loose canon!

In my opinion this is exactly what ND needs.
A non polished, non PC friendly, non militant type of coach.

ND is running their football program like they did back during the bear bryant era or something.

Everything goes through The God. The God makes all the calls. The God is the ultimate company man who doesn't ruffle any feathers in public. The God is the quintessential consummate professional. The God knows best and everybody best praise The God. The God is boring of course. And The God is Brian Kelly of course.
  • They need a guy who loves to troll coaches on twitter/attracts ESPN/national media headlines naturally.
  • A guy a little too much like everybody else. Some "aww shucks" in him like coach Ed O.
  • Who is *still* relatively young and can resonate with modern youth.
  • Who has a hot blonde bombshell wife
  • Who doesn't take himself too seriously
  • Who loves to recruit the games biggest stars and coaches to be apart of his team.
etc. etc. etc.

ND desperately needs a culture change and someone like Kiffin would have been a big step in that direction.

Last edited:
A non polished, non PR friendly, non militant.

• They need a guy who loves to troll coaches on twitter/attracts ESPN/national media headlines.
  • Who loves to recruit the games biggest stars and coaches to work under him..etc. etc. etc.ND desperately needs a culture change and someone like Kiffin would have been a big step in that direction.
really? it would be like an asylum!
oh wait, I thought you think change is in order?

A non polished, non PC friendly, non militant type of coach. ND is running their football program like they did back during the bear bryant era or something. Everything goes through The God. The God makes all the calls. The God knows best and everybody best praise The God. The God is Brian Kelly ofcourse.
  • They need a guy who loves to troll coaches on twitter/attracts ESPN/national media headlines.
  • A guy a little too much like everybody else. Some "aww shucks" in him like coach Ed O.
  • Who loves to recruit the games biggest stars and coaches to be apart of his team.
etc. etc. etc.

ND desperately needs a culture change and someone like Kiffin would have been a big step in that direction.
So, you want a guy that's an asshole to our opponents, huh? And, one HUGE reason to hire someone is that they have a great looking wife. But you know Kiffin is divorced, right?

I don't know how to respond to that line of thinking.

By the way, I'm still waiting to hear you counter my points about his ACTUAL coaching record.

Last edited:
Reactions: Classic Irish
I think he might be qualified to be the next ND mascot but doubt he would pass the backround check. :D

Reactions: GoldCountryND

ND is running their football program like they did back during the bear bryant era or something.

Everything goes through The God. The God makes all the calls. The God is the ultimate company man who doesn't ruffle any feathers in public. The God is the quintessential consummate professional. The God knows best and everybody best praise The God. The God is boring of course. And The God is Brian Kelly of course.
  • They need a guy who loves to troll coaches on twitter/attracts ESPN/national media headlines naturally.
etc. etc. etc.

This poster would have anyone but Kelly as HC at ND, consequences be damned. Faust, Davie, Willingham and Weis were not enough. Now he wants Lane Kiffin..

Last edited:
Reactions: Catholicfan95

Kiffin would be an interesting hire. He seems to have grown as a coach and person since USC. Still elite recruiter.

Classic response of this board to still characterize him as the same person he was 10 years ago.

Unfortunately administration is likely as closed minded as this group.

Kiffin would be an interesting hire. He seems to have grown as a coach and person since USC. Still elite recruiter.

Classic response of this board to still characterize him as the same person he was 10 years ago.

Unfortunately administration is likely as closed minded as this group.

Let's see. Our biggest rival fire this guy. And now we want to hire him? BTW, USC fired him in 2013. That's not 10 years ago.

He brought FAU along out of nowhere. Ole Miss was wise to jump on this before Arkansas did.

etc. etc. etc.

This is beyond dumb

Lane Kiffin at ND? Are you serious? He is as poor a fit at ND as I can possibly imagine. If you are waiting for ND to hire the likes of Kiff to replace BK, you really need to think about finding another program. Round peg in a square hole

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT