ADVERTISEMENT

OT....credibility right out the window

What does the first step act have to do with criminals on our streets committing crimes and violence against police officers?

I don't care what color the working class is. His policies and rhetoric support all colors that want to better themselves and the people around them.
Yes or no, did the tax cut overwhelmingly help the working class or top 2%?

Percentages wise it helped out the middle class more, yes top 1% got more in total per person but not as a percentage or totality of a class.
In dollars, any tax cut with even a tinge of fairness is going to be weighted more to the people who make the most money and pay the most taxes. That's where the politics of the math of taxation comes into play.

Person A has taxable revenue of $70,000, pays $10,000 (14.2%) in federal income taxes after all deductions, credits, etc.

Person B has taxable income of $500,000, pays $110,000 (22%) in federal income taxes after all deductions, credits, etc.

If we cut each guy's taxes by 10%, part of the population would say they got the same fair tax cut. Another part of the population would say that Person B got a bigger, unfair, tax cut because his reduction was $11,000, while Person A's was only $1,000. It's all a matter of perspective, and a reason why you need to really look into the math when someone says "middle class tax cut" or "tax cut for the rich". Because it may very well be BS in either case.

Reactions: rgc7
Hum just curious.
Are "People of Color" any color but caucasian?
Are people of an ethnic group? Which group?
If you're pale yet fall within that particular group and you are lets say a dark complexion Italian are they still more of a person of color though their color is lighter?
I never here the media call Italians people of color.....so is it any people, but people of european descent?
What ever happen to being an accountable individual?

Reactions: Pennick4 and rgc7
In dollars, any tax cut with even a tinge of fairness is going to be weighted more to the people who make the most money and pay the most taxes. That's where the politics of the math of taxation comes into play.

Person A has taxable revenue of $70,000, pays $10,000 (14.2%) in federal income taxes after all deductions, credits, etc.

Person B has taxable income of $500,000, pays $110,000 (22%) in federal income taxes after all deductions, credits, etc.

If we cut each guy's taxes by 10%, part of the population would say they got the same fair tax cut. Another part of the population would say that Person B got a bigger, unfair, tax cut because his reduction was $11,000, while Person A's was only $1,000. It's all a matter of perspective, and a reason why you need to really look into the math when someone says "middle class tax cut" or "tax cut for the rich". Because it may very well be BS in either case.
That is a great post, and a beautiful break down.

What you didn't factor in is people who make really good money manipulate current tax rules to pay the same effective rate the middle class was already paying.

Reactions: benko's army
What you didn't factor in is people who make really good money manipulate current tax rules to pay the same effective rate the middle class was already paying.
Taking advantage of the tax rules as written is not manipulating them, it's being a smart person. NOBODY should ever pay more in income taxes than the minimum suggested by the tax code.

And noticed I used an effective 22% for the guy making $500,000. That's way below the marginal tax rate on the grid for someone making that much money, so I factored in the ability of a person making that much to reduce his net tax liability due to deductions, donations, etc. And don't forget, a large portion of the middle class pays little if any income taxes under current tax codes.

It's not manipulating tax rules. It's called tax rules. Capital gains are taxed completely different than a typical salary. It's not manipulating the rules, it is the rules. They can be changed, and I think they should. I think capital gains tax should be increased, especially on company stock grants/options.

But to see, "oh the rich manipulate the rules" is such a crock. They actually follow the rules and find out how they can keep most of their money. It's called intelligence.

Taking advantage of the tax rules as written is not manipulating them, it's being a smart person. NOBODY should ever pay more in income taxes than the minimum suggested by the tax code.

And noticed I used an effective 22% for the guy making $500,000. That's way below the marginal tax rate on the grid for someone making that much money, so I factored in the ability of a person making that much to reduce his net tax liability due to deductions, donations, etc. And don't forget, a large portion of the middle class pays little if any income taxes under current tax codes.
Quest didn't see how you had the effective tax rate at 22% because he doesn't know what they heck they are.

My gosh he is just dumb. I'm glad he's so dumb that i laugh responding to his posts rather than get fired up. I expect dumb people to make dumb decisions and have dumb thoughts, he keeps proving me right.

Quest didn't see how you had the effective tax rate at 22% because he doesn't know what they heck they are.

My gosh he is just dumb. I'm glad he's so dumb that i laugh responding to his posts rather than get fired up. I expect dumb people to make dumb decisions and have dumb thoughts, he keeps proving me right.
Cool story.

Hum just curious.
Are "People of Color" any color but caucasian?
Are people of an ethnic group? Which group?
If you're pale yet fall within that particular group and you are lets say a dark complexion Italian are they still more of a person of color though their color is lighter?
I never here the media call Italians people of color.....so is it any people, but people of european descent?
What ever happen to being an accountable individual?
You racist s.o.b

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Actually if you aren't racist then you're a purple hair sporting sandal stepping fanny pack toting weirdo.

I'm convinced of that. If you aren't a weirdo listed above... definitely racist.

I'm a racist, you a racist, everyone a racist. Except Echo and nemeth...they got purple hair and fanny packs and tee ball trophies oh my.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT