ADVERTISEMENT

OT Canada criminalizes wrong gender pronouns

Some of the Jazz drummers were just awesome. My favourite band is the Eagles. Saw them countless times. The day Glen Frey died was a really dark one for me!

No doubt the Eagles were a once in a lifetime band. For their first Greatest Hit album to sell a million albums a week for a long period of time probably will never be done again.
I was surprised when Glenn Frey died he past too soon.

I was fortunate enough to see them promoting the Hotel California album. An outstanding show.
The Eagles were also my wife's favorite band

Sorry guys
Those were then and without them then we would not be blessed with the drummer's of today
Martin "Axe" Axenrot from Opeth is in my opinion the best drummer ever.
"Who" you might say?
Martin has taken drumming to the next level as with most death metal bands the drums are very intricate part of their music.
I understand the music is not for everyone but it's amazing what you're missing.

Death metal bands?

Paradigm shift imminent.

Didn't peg you as a death metal aficionado.

Death metal bands?

Paradigm shift imminent.

Didn't peg you as a death metal aficionado.

Music has always been a big part of my life
My father was in a band while in the Air Force he played saxophone so we are around music all the time.

I currently have 39 terabytes of music. Music from every genre though I am lagging in jazz because I just don't get it. I forced myself to listen to Coltrane for a week straight.

My brother came in my room one day threw my Jackson 5 and Osmond's albums out the window and put on the Animals and Erie Burton's voice engulf me, and the rest was history . Rock was in my soul.

From the Animals I evolve musically in the Rock genre always moved forward through the 70s with bands like Scorpions, Styx UFO, Van Halen, etc etc. In the late 80s the Hair Band scene was getting a little stale and the Grunge music I just didn't have an ear for it.
Metallica, Megadeth,Slayer, Testament Black Sabbath was always there, and Ozzy Osborne just picking up phenomenal guitarist after guitarist moved me forward, but it wasn't until I was in Denmark and Opeth was playing at a theater there.
I walked out of that concert and immediately started purchasing everything by them.
If you're not familiar with them they are a progressive death metal band.
I placed them in the individual category much like I do with Pink Floyd .
I follow other death metal bands closely like Lamb of God, Byzantine,Meshuggah , but Opeth is in a class by themselves they'll have songs that are run 17 minutes long with musical changed ups throughout the songs
In regards to heavy metal Stone Sour never disappoints, but their side band Slipknot isn't as good IMO

Last edited:
I don't know of any Trump supporters who have set fires or thrown garbage cans into windows to stop free speech. I don't think it was an RNC operative that said he wished the congressman shot at the baseball practice had died.

You holier than thou leftists can go to the hell you deserve.

Not surprisingly, this misses the point. I was not comparing the supporters of either candidate. I was commenting on the comments that Trump made encouraging people to "lay others out" at his rallies. The original point was that people who voted for Trump did support the brown-shirts. Should I include you in that crowd based on these comments?

Not surprisingly, this misses the point. I was not comparing the supporters of either candidate. I was commenting on the comments that Trump made encouraging people to "lay others out" at his rallies. The original point was that people who voted for Trump did support the brown-shirts. Should I include you in that crowd based on these comments?
I voted for President Trump
I am a Jewish nationality
You believe I am like-minded as a brown shirt?
What in the hell is wrong with you?

I voted for President Trump
I am a Jewish nationality
You believe I am like-minded as a brown shirt?
What in the hell is wrong with you?

All the more disappointing and sad that you accept the scape-goating rhetoric used by Trump to target immigrants and Muslims.

You mean illegal immigrants and terrorists from Muslim countries? You mean Muslim terrorists who would kill you at a moment's notice regardless of what feel good comments you are typing here in their defense? You mean young men from terrorist dominated Muslim countries, identified by the previous president himself, who are not vetted but allowed into this country? Is that the "scape goating" you are talking about? How many illegal immigrants or unvetted young Muslims from terrorist nations would you allow in your home with your family?

Reactions: Telx1 and rgc7
You mean illegal immigrants and terrorists from Muslim countries? You mean Muslim terrorists who would kill you at a moment's notice regardless of what feel good comments you are typing here in their defense? You mean young men from terrorist dominated Muslim countries, identified by the previous president himself, who are not vetted but allowed into this country? Is that the "scape goating" you are talking about? How many illegal immigrants or unvetted young Muslims from terrorist nations would you allow in your home with your family?
Thank you

I really fail to see what the hoopla is over the travel ban. The Obama administration identified these countries as having lax vetting procedures for people coming to the US from those countries. So what are we supposed to do? Common sense says you do just what Trump proposed. Suspend or delay immigration from those countries until we are satisfied they have their vetting process in order. Keeps the country safer, and encourages those countries to fix their issues as quickly as possible.

Like many things, if a terrorist wants to get here badly enough and has the resources, he can probably do it with or without this travel ban in place. But we don't need to make it easy for them, that's just blatantly irresponsible.

Reactions: rgc7
Music has always been a big part of my life
My father was in a band while in the Air Force he played saxophone so we are around music all the time.

I currently have 39 terabytes of music. Music from every genre though I am lagging in jazz because I just don't get it. I forced myself to listen to Coltrane for a week straight.

My brother came in my room one day threw my Jackson 5 and Osmond's albums out the window and put on the Animals and Erie Burton's voice engulf me, and the rest was history . Rock was in my soul.

From the Animals I evolve musically in the Rock genre always moved forward through the 70s with bands like Scorpions, Styx UFO, Van Halen, etc etc. In the late 80s the Hair Band scene was getting a little stale and the Grunge music I just didn't have an ear for it.
Metallica, Megadeth,Slayer, Testament Black Sabbath was always there, and Ozzy Osborne just picking up phenomenal guitarist after guitarist moved me forward, but it wasn't until I was in Denmark and Opeth was playing at a theater there.
I walked out of that concert and immediately started purchasing everything by them.
If you're not familiar with them they are a progressive death metal band.
I placed them in the individual category much like I do with Pink Floyd .
I follow other death metal bands closely like Lamb of God, Byzantine,Meshuggah , but Opeth is in a class by themselves they'll have songs that are run 17 minutes long with musical changed ups throughout the songs
In regards to heavy metal Stone Sour never disappoints, but their side band Slipknot isn't as good IMO

The DIP musical parfait is deep and varied. (No GWAR???)

I've never been a fan of speed or death metal, but I'll check it out.

As a Canadian, I would say **** it, I will say what I want, to who I want and when I want. I hope the photo op Trudeau and Wynn bags get booted out of office soon. I am tired of paying for their unsustainable programs. These fraudsters have increased our debt to levels worst off than the Greek government.

well now.......seem that waaaaay too many people voted LIBERAL!

And, you get what you ask for !

The DIP musical parfait is deep and varied. (No GWAR???)

I've never been a fan of speed or death metal, but I'll check it out.

I love GWAR live fantastic band to see in person a lot of theatrics.

If you are going to check out Opeth I strongly encourage you (anyone) to put the album Damnation on YouTube and listen to the first song Windowpane and then take it from there if you care to listen to the rest of it.

The whole album is in that type of musical setting. Very mellow and dark

If you want to listen to something after that if you want to try something more heavier by them which 90% of their albums are Listen to Black Water Park
And listen to the song Bleak, and keep in mind all the vocals are the same singer

Last edited:
I love GWAR live fantastic band to see in person a lot of theatrics.

If you are going to check out Opeth I strongly encourage you (anyone) to put the album Damnation on YouTube and listen to the first song Windowpane and then take it from there if you care to listen to the rest of it.

The whole album is in that type of musical setting. Very mellow and dark

If you want to listen to something after that if you want to try something more heavier by them which 90% of their albums are Listen to Black Water Park
And listen to the song Bleak, and keep in mind all the vocals are the same singer

I'm not a musician, nor do I remember much music theory. So roll with my observations as a layperson - I like the music. Liked the vocals in Windowpane much more than the first 3 minutes of Bleak. Guy clearly has range.

Both songs channel the Tea Party and the guitar in windowpane is reminiscent of The Hip (IMO.) I'll listen to some more in the car tomorrow. Thx DIP.

I'm not a musician, nor do I remember much music theory. So roll with my observations as a layperson - I like the music. Liked the vocals in Windowpane much more than the first 3 minutes of Bleak. Guy clearly has range.

Both songs channel the Tea Party and the guitar in windowpane is reminiscent of The Hip (IMO.) I'll listen to some more in the car tomorrow. Thx DIP.

Like I said it's not for everybody but it will grow on you if you listen to it long enough.

Mikael Åkerfeldt has unbelievable range, and the drummer is unbelievable
They are truly the Pink Floyd of death metal

I appreciate you taking a listen to it

Like I said it's not for everybody but it will grow on you if you listen to it long enough.

Mikael Åkerfeldt has unbelievable range, and the drummer is unbelievable
They are truly the Pink Floyd of death metal

I appreciate you taking a listen to it

Is he Sweden's answer to Rob Halford or Chris Cornell?

I really fail to see what the hoopla is over the travel ban. The Obama administration identified these countries as having lax vetting procedures for people coming to the US from those countries. So what are we supposed to do? Common sense says you do just what Trump proposed. Suspend or delay immigration from those countries until we are satisfied they have their vetting process in order. Keeps the country safer, and encourages those countries to fix their issues as quickly as possible.

Like many things, if a terrorist wants to get here badly enough and has the resources, he can probably do it with or without this travel ban in place. But we don't need to make it easy for them, that's just blatantly irresponsible.
You're correct here. The truth of the matter is the Dems have taken an oppose anything Trump approach, and their so-called resistance encompasses any and everything Trump supports or proposes. Really infantile, and a loser strategy long term. They would have supported such a move by Obama, who simply didn't have the fortitude to propose or implement anything that could be interpreted as anti Muslim. Obama should have proposed such a ban once his State Dept declared they couldn't reasonably vet anyone from these countries. All that said, I think the country would have been better served by simply implementing the extreme vetting Trump spoke of during the campaign, instead of wasting time and resources trying to get the political benefits from these damn executive orders.

You're correct here. The truth of the matter is the Dems have taken an oppose anything Trump approach, and their so-called resistance encompasses any and everything Trump supports or proposes. Really infantile, and a loser strategy long term. They would have supported such a move by Obama, who simply didn't have the fortitude to propose or implement anything that could be interpreted as anti Muslim. Obama should have proposed such a ban once his State Dept declared they couldn't reasonably vet anyone from these countries. All that said, I think the country would have been better served by simply implementing the extreme vetting Trump spoke of during the campaign, instead of wasting time and resources trying to get the political benefits from these damn executive orders.
I agree by the executive orders things need to start going through Congress.

I find the the song "Witch Hunt" and politics strange bedfellows.

The band Machine Head covered the song in a darker manner.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT