ADVERTISEMENT

OSU spent over 13 million

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
NIL pay out money to try and buy a national championship. This is getting out of hand. Lame Kiffen was not far behind them.

NIL pay out money to try and buy a national championship. This is getting out of hand. Lame Kiffen was not far behind them.
Day is on the hot seat for losing to Michigan 3 years on a row -- He will do anything to beat them. You would not think that someone with Day's overall record (56-8 -- 24 - 3 in the B10) would garner the hot seat treatment ..

That said -- they have pretty much a mediocre schedule next fall -- 1st test is when they go to Oregon in October -- so, basically a 4-5 game pre-season warm up, and then nothing until Michigan.

Most of the money went to returning starters (Henderson, Burke, Sawyer, Egbuka, Jackson, Tuimoloau, Williams). I heard Caleb Downs price tag was around $2M. I don't know how much Will Howard (Kanasas State QB), or Quinshon Judkins (Miss, RB) got.

Howard was interviewed on Tuesday. He was projected to go anywhere between rounds 3-6 in the NFL draft based on the feedback he got. His second option was to enter the draft. A chance to possibly improve his draft status and play for a national championship were the major factors in returning to college.

Day is on the hot seat for losing to Michigan 3 years on a row -- He will do anything to beat them. You would not think that someone with Day's overall record (56-8 -- 24 - 3 in the B10) would garner the hot seat treatment ..

That said -- they have pretty much a mediocre schedule next fall -- 1st test is when they go to Oregon in October -- so, basically a 4-5 game pre-season warm up, and then nothing until Michigan.
Typical butnut schedule

Reactions: NDinNJ
Isn't awesome what's happened to "amateur" sports?
SMU and TAMU were ahead of the curve in the 80's
They couldn't approach and poach college players from other schools. In the words of edit: Professor Prime Time,

Since I got time today, I want you to tell me how many players in college football that you’ve seen in commercials,” Sanders said to the students.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
OSU didn't pay 13 million. That's a number thrown around by Lane Kiffin referencing an article that mentions Day in the past saying he needs 13 mil from donors to keep his roster intact. OSU picked up 6 guys in the transfer portal and 1 is a 2024 recruit. OSU isn't throwing around money like A&M and Miami are, nor is throwing around money even sustainable.

OSU didn't pay 13 million. That's a number thrown around by Lane Kiffin referencing an article that mentions Day in the past saying he needs 13 mil from donors to keep his roster intact. OSU picked up 6 guys in the transfer portal and 1 is a 2024 recruit. OSU isn't throwing around money like A&M and Miami are, nor is throwing around money even sustainable.
Hey Bucky, no one here gives a rats a$$ about bucknut St.

Reactions: Pennick4 and NDinNJ
They couldn't approach and poach college players from other schools. In the words of edit: Professor Prime Time,

Since I got time today, I want you to tell me how many players in college football that you’ve seen in commercials,” Sanders said to the students.

Deion Sanders is a charlatan. Jason Whitlock has him pegged perfectly.

Deion Sanders is a charlatan. Jason Whitlock has him pegged perfectly.

I like Jason Whitlock alot especially when he called out Steven A Smith

I think the majority of the OSU NIL money is going to the players already on their roster - which is massive - and is what is drawing the high profile recruits to OSU. I've read the same holds true for PSU and Michigan - the vast majority of their NIL is directed to the kids already part of their 85-man roster

I have always been confused why fans of other CFB teams spend time on another team's site.

I would not waste one second on an Ohio State site.
It just shows how relevant ND still is and has always been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT