ADVERTISEMENT

One of many reasons why Purple Face was and always

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Will be a pos

"I wrote Brian Kelly maybe 8 positive letters during his time at Notre Dame, and I go to the mailbox everyday hoping I'm going to find an answer. He never responded to one of them" - Lou Holtz

I wonder if Ed Orgeron will write letters to Brian Kelly. Or if Les Miles will write letters.

Both have rings, like Lou.

Reactions: ndaustin
with BK: it was always a character thing! If it were not for low character,he would have ‘none’.

with BK: it was always a character thing! If it were not for low character,he would have ‘none’.
Google Ed Orgeron and sexual misconduct at LSU. Or Urban Meyer. Or Sark at Texas and significant drinking issues at USC.

I am not certain Brian Kelly is as bad as some people make him out to be.

Reactions: Bob Rodes
Google Ed Orgeron and sexual misconduct at LSU. Or Urban Meyer. Or Sark at Texas and significant drinking issues at USC.

you really needed to dig down deep to make your case. How did you omit Bobby P.? Are you accusing Ed O. of sexual abuse? Sark was an alcoholic who has apparently ’righted’ his life.

I’m genuinely pissed off after reading this. What an arrogant tool. I really hope MF is the man for the job. He has the charisma at least.
Inexcusable. He never understood or embraced ND. Never liked him. Listening to his halftime speeches was painful. Nobody would run Thru a wall for him. He was garbage. Yeah he won. Yeah he sucked

Inexcusable. He never understood or embraced ND. Never liked him. Listening to his halftime speeches was painful. Nobody would run Thru a wall for him. He was garbage. Yeah he won. Yeah he sucked
Gerry Faust embraced Notre Dame.

You must have loved Gerry.

you really needed to dig down deep to make your case. How did you omit Bobby P.? Are you accusing Ed O. of sexual abuse? Sark was an alcoholic who has apparently ’righted’ his life.
Bobby Petrino?? I don't point to womanizers. Ever. If you included infidelity in pointing out problems in professional or college sports, we'd be here all damn day.

Ya know on that accident filming...
Won what exactly?
Let's see..
Major bowl? Never
Playoff game? Never
Top 5 opponent
Once...Kinda sorta...in a weird covid year @ home against the #2 QB

Oh then he was close to a major bowl win, right? No. Embarrassed.
Once?
No...all of them.
He was close in a playoff right?
No.
Embarrassed.
Once?
No..All of them!!

Let me know what you find out on Brian Kelly's huge wins.

Won what exactly?
Let's see..
Major bowl? Never
Playoff game? Never
Top 5 opponent

Once?
No...all of them.
No.
Embarrassed.
Once?
No..All of them!!

2012, 2018, 2020. That's three undefeated regular seasons. A team has to win a lot of big games to go undefeated.

2015, 2017, 2021 ND was in the mix for the playoff through the entire season. As a college football fan it's hard to ask for more. Those were fun seasons.

2019 was a really solid team that outscored it's opponents by 20ppg and had a top 10 defense. 2011 was a fun team that hadn't figured out how to win yet.

Did Kelly leave a lot to be desired from a charisma standpoint? Yes, but I feel like ND fans are working hard to find faults in Kelly now that he's gone. ND had a really nice 12 year run.

Reactions: 4-4-3 and mcleanva1
2012, 2018, 2020. That's three undefeated regular seasons. A team has to win a lot of big games to go undefeated.

2015, 2017, 2021 ND was in the mix for the playoff through the entire season. As a college football fan it's hard to ask for more. Those were fun seasons.

2019 was a really solid team that outscored it's opponents by 20ppg and had a top 10 defense. 2011 was a fun team that hadn't figured out how to win yet.

Did Kelly leave a lot to be desired from a charisma standpoint? Yes, but I feel like ND fans are working hard to find faults in Kelly now that he's gone. ND had a really nice 12 year run.
every single paragraph had a ‘yea, but!’ to it!

Reactions: NDinNJ
Just to be clear on this. I do not think anyone is saying as a coach , Kelly was bad. In fact he was pretty good. As already stated , NC game , 2 Playoff appearances. However let’s not lose sight of some pretty bad losses. Tulsa , Northwestern, Navy. That’s losses against team that they should win. I’ll admit , that happens. That’s what makes college football great. But, the bigger question is how did ND stack up against the very best? Well if you look at Kelly’s record, it’s not too good. When they were on the big stage with bright lights shining and highly ranked , Kelly’s teams did not play well in most of those games. In fact, in quite a few of those games they were exposed as a team that really didn’t belong. So for all the talk of ten win seasons , playoff appearances and undefeated seasons , it turned out to be fools gold. Don’t get me wrong winning is always better than losing. But the Irish were never in the same league as top tier teams.

Last edited:
Just to be clear on this. I do not think anyone is saying as a coach , Kelly was bad. In fact he was pretty good. As already stated , NC game , 2 Playoff appearances. However let’s not lose sight of some pretty bad losses. Tulsa , Northwestern, Navy. That’s losses against team that they should win. I’ll admit , that happens. That’s what makes college football great. But, the bigger question is how did ND stack up against the very best? Well if you at Kelly’s record, it’s not too good. When they were on the big stage with bright lights and highly ranked , Kelly’s teams did not play well in most of those games. In fact in quite a few of those games they were exposed as a team that really didn’t belong. So for all the talk of ten win seasons , playoff appearances and undefeated seasons , it turned out to be fools gold. Don’t get me wrong winning is always better than losing. But the Irish were never in the same league as top tier teams.
Agree with all of this….but, for me, losing games like the Miami game are the ones that really diminished Kelly‘s coaching ability/style/accomplishments. It was more the total collapse that we saw too often when the bright lights of national attention were on for a critical game. Losing is one thing, but losing like deer caught in the headlights is another, and too often we looked the later. That said, I am thankful for all he did accomplish in radically improving the “program”, and I am thankful he moved on.

I wonder if Ed Orgeron will write letters to Brian Kelly. Or if Les Miles will write letters.

Both have rings, like Lou.
Comparing Ed Orgeron to Lou Holtz. Without a doubt the worst post you've ever had and that's saying a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: HDK

A really nice 12 year run with zero big wins in the postseason. It's crazy to me the love he gets even from Notre Dame fans when he won absolutely, positively nothing in his 12 years here. At Notre Dame for fvck's sake.

Kelly benefited from some of the worst schedules ever at Notre Dame and when there was ever any adversity against a good opponent he got pansed. He, his team, and any non deluded Notre Dame fans knew we had no chance in those types of games with him on the sidelines. No chance.

A really nice 12 year run with zero big wins in the postseason. It's crazy to me the love he gets even from Notre Dame fans when he won absolutely, positively nothing in his 12 years here. At Notre Dame for fvck's sake.

Kelly benefited from some of the worst schedules ever at Notre Dame and when there was ever any adversity against a good opponent he got pansed. He, his team, and any non deluded Notre Dame fans knew we had no chance in those types of games with him on the sidelines. No chance.
yep; but he was even more so, a nasty divisive selfish… character. that counts more than football W’s or L’s

Reactions: Chitown11
I feel like ND fans are working hard to find faults in Kelly now that he's gone. ND had a really nice 12 year run.
Then you don't follow along on here so well.
I didn't wait until he left to find faults with Brian Kelly. I spoke reality the moment they happened.
Ever see me call him fool's gold? I did a hundred times because that's exactly what he is.
He does just ok, just enough, he's a tough fire but he never, and I repeat never will win anything of significance.

IMO his best coaching effort was in a loss @ Tallahassee

The numbers and results speak for themselves.

During the regular season he's been close in some big games ( yet managed to win none of them) ....
BTW how does that even happen? To never win a top5 game, major bowl or playoff? No matter @ Cinci or ND he's never won. Even via accident absolutely positively not.
It's like he tried to lose it happened that much in those settings.
Speaking which in those moments if he had a month to prepare the outcome was far worse. Which one? All of them.
Give him a month prep time and he'll try and polish up an east west run play that takes eons to develop.
Adding any new plays or twists or formations...things not seem by the opposition....
No way in hell would he do such a thing.

Brian Kelly is fool's gold and he really should thank the run of unsuccessful coaches of Bob Davie, Willingham and especially Weis.
Weis buyout was so fat and juicy they still have egg on face over that. No way was ND going to have two ex head coaches still getting paid millions each year without any services rendered.

He's gone now and someone else's problem.

Thank **** for that

Won what exactly?
Let's see..
Major bowl? Never
Playoff game? Never
Top 5 opponent

Once?
No...all of them.
No.
Embarrassed.
Once?
No..All of them!!

He did a great job making the program relevant again. What it was when he took it over compared to what it was when he left is light years apart. I thank him for that.

No he's a different kind of bad. Like a politician. Self serving dick was always my gut feeling.

Reactions: Chitown11 and d1042
In that way yes. But one is a great great coach. And the other one is a very average coach
Lou was a very good coach. I wouldn't call him an all time great. He did have a great run from 88-93 and then the wheels came off after admissions reeled things in. So so everywhere else he coached.

Lou was a very good coach. I wouldn't call him an all time great. He did have a great run from 88-93 and then the wheels came off after admissions reeled things in. So so everywhere else he coached.
Everyone knows we should have been at least co NC in 93. So he really won 2 NCs to go along with his good work elsewhere. He was a great coach.

Our schedules were brutal when he was here

Will be a pos

"I wrote Brian Kelly maybe 8 positive letters during his time at Notre Dame, and I go to the mailbox everyday hoping I'm going to find an answer. He never responded to one of them" - Lou Holtz

Here's the article and video! Great listening to Holtz!
" He's not going to be playing Marshall."

Without a doubt the worst post you’ve ever had and that’s saying a lot.

Reactions: mcleanva1
Then you don't follow along on here so well.
I didn't wait until he left to find faults with Brian Kelly. I spoke reality the moment they happened.
Ever see me call him fool's gold? I did a hundred times because that's exactly what he is.
He does just ok, just enough, he's a tough fire but he never, and I repeat never will win anything of significance.

IMO his best coaching effort was in a loss @ Tallahassee

The numbers and results speak for themselves.

During the regular season he's been close in some big games ( yet managed to win none of them) ....
BTW how does that even happen? To never win a top5 game, major bowl or playoff? No matter @ Cinci or ND he's never won. Even via accident absolutely positively not.
It's like he tried to lose it happened that much in those settings.
Speaking which in those moments if he had a month to prepare the outcome was far worse. Which one? All of them.
Give him a month prep time and he'll try and polish up an east west run play that takes eons to develop.
Adding any new plays or twists or formations...things not seem by the opposition....
No way in hell would he do such a thing.

Brian Kelly is fool's gold and he really should thank the run of unsuccessful coaches of Bob Davie, Willingham and especially Weis.
Weis buyout was so fat and juicy they still have egg on face over that. No way was ND going to have two ex head coaches still getting paid millions each year without any services rendered.

He's gone now and someone else's problem.

Thank **** for that
Why aren’t you a head coach of a major college football program?

Why just be a couch critic? Since you know horrible head coaches when you them, why not get your own gig and show us how it’s done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT