ADVERTISEMENT

Oliver Martin!

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
Gotta like this kid. Has all the tools. Nice photo of him with Long and Eliot (who went to his high school.) MVP of the Nike Opening Regionals and highest scores at the national Beaverton camp. No less than Christian McCaffrey said "he was the best receiver by far."

Could he be Long's first big get for the Irish?!

Martin and Holmes and Norwood look very possible.

martin reminds me lot of one of the Clemson wrs that had a big night against bama in the title game

Actually, I think the best comparison I can think of is Jordan Shipley, the former Texas receiver who tore it up with Colt McCoy. Like Martin, he was an athletic, multi-sport, white kid, and they identical in size at 6'0, 190lbs. Quick, sure handed and sneaky fast.

Hunter Renfroe....because he is white wideout, I see what you did there. I kid, I kid. But not really
yes hunter is the guy that I was thinking about. I compared him to hunter because they are close in size and both have really good hands while being good route runners

Martin reminds me of Stepherson. Sure handed route runner with football speed as opposed to track speed.

This won't be longs guy. He was favored to be at nd long before...... long

Just keeping you informed

I hope you are right. Here are his measurables from The Opening. http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/211500/oliver-martin

4.57 speed by a good route runner is speed that is tough to defend. It just makes it a little tougher to get seperation going long.

What was really impressive to me was his 41 inch vertical and SPARQ score of 133. Anything over 130 is considered elite. As quoted in a OFD article:

"By the end of the camp he had posted the highest SPARQ score (a score tallied by averaging strength/speed/agility drills), was praised by All-AmericanChristian McCaffrey (who stated Martin was “the best Wide Receiver by far,”) and Steve Wiltfong, recruiting analyst for 247. Wiltfong reported: “He was eating up high-profile defensive backs and catching everything.” http://www.onefootdown.com/2017/1/1...an-wr-oliver-martinchip-long-recruiting-irish

The ESPN link suggests there were some higher WR SPARQ scores but who cares. Martin's was elite. This guy is grossly underrated I think because of the competition he plays against. That is why his performance at The Opening was so revealing.

Gotta like this kid. Has all the tools. Nice photo of him with Long and Eliot (who went to his high school.) MVP of the Nike Opening Regionals and highest scores at the national Beaverton camp. No less than Christian McCaffrey said "he was the best receiver by far."

Why only one exclamation point ?? I would use at least seven to describe a recruit of Oliver's caliber !!!!!!!

Reactions: Pennick44
Anna's dline speed didn't help much last Monday night. Glad they got beat. Tired of hearing how dominant they are. F&@k Alabama!

this appears to be a battle between Michigan State - Michigan - Ohio State - ND. Worth mentioning that Urban has a visit with Martin this week.

this appears to be a battle between Michigan State - Michigan - Ohio State - ND. Worth mentioning that Urban has a visit with Martin this week.

Not to sure about those finalist. He mentioned that the AA Army Bowl his finalist where Iowa, Mich State, and ND. That being said you never know with recruits .

Last edited:
4.57 is DL speed at Bama

Holy smokes that is impressive. Considering the best at the NFL combine last year was 4.63 and the second best was a 4.7 and then most were a lot slower. Lets see how all those 4.57 guys run at the combine.

Lol, 4.57 is plenty fast for a kid that runs crisp routes and has solid size to him. Kids also tend to get faster as they enter a college strength program.

If Oliver Martin is a 6'0, 200lb junior, running in the 4.52 range, he'll have everything he needs from a physical attribute perspective to be highly productive.

What a clown response.. Go look @ the combine results from the last few years for WRs. 4.5-4.6 is plenty fast.
Aka Michael Thomas from Oh St who tore it up for the Saints ran a 4.57.
It is a clown response from a clown.

Not to sure about those finalist. He mentioned that the AA Army Bowl his finalist where Iowa, Mich State, and ND. That being said you never know with recruits .
Michigan just got back into the race a week+ ago. We slowed on him (not as much because of talent but because of numbers) but now it looks like a SEC school is about to lamd a kid that was heavy lean to Michigan. I have no idea how serious a threat Michigan is, all I know is he is listening.

OM had in home visit with Urban and is now officially visiting OSU. This is exclusively an OSU v UM battle now.

Not sure if the coaches cooled in him or read the writing on the wall - did not see multiple coaches in his living room the last week like some of these others kids.

Last edited:
Not sure if the coaches cooled in him or read the writing on the wall - did not see Miki coaches in his living room the last week line some of these others kids.
It is the 2nd...Michigan made a late push and apparently sealed the deal at his in-home a couple weeks ago...his visit this past weekend was just so he could officially commit on campus...from what I heard the only school that had a chance at even a later push was Iowa because that was the school he grew up a fan of

When was the last(first) time that Kelly was in a recruits home when he signed with ND like Harbaugh was with this kid?

When was the last(first) time that Kelly was in a recruits home when he signed with ND like Harbaugh was with this kid?
because no smart kid like Oliver Martin is going to go to ND as long as Kelly is there Harbaugh has fire in the belly what kis would not want to play for him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT