ADVERTISEMENT

Official UNC ND game thread!

Gimme a break. That was an easy call.
Unfortunately yes that has to be called ... safety is making an aggressive tackle and at same time receiver is lowering his head ... once you take a running start and hit someone in the helmet, intentional headhunting or not, you are done for the day. Houston Griffith needs to step up, UNC will get some yards we are getting hits on Howell let’s force a few turnovers and offense needs to push a few more across the goal line. I think less than 35 points doesn’t win this game.

Not much effort from the Irish in the first half! They have to show some want to in the second half! That's simplistic, but that's what's lacking.

People who know a lot more about football than I do said the absence of two starting offensive linemen would not be an issue. I think they were mistaken.

The real issue is whether we can continue to disrupt NC's offense enough to pull away.

Feels like this will be a run out the clock on offense or try to hold off a final drive kind of game.

Ian Book has really become a terrific player. You can see he’s not thinking anymore he’s just playing. Still a long way to go. Gotta keep playing hard.

I will say this next series is going to be crucial. The D needs to get off the field

Our mistakes gave them that FG before the half but their mistake allowed for to keep that drive going. A stop here and we can wrest control.

The OLine just isnt good enough today with the missing personnel to allow us to grind them down. Book and the playcalling on offense will have to do it, and the calls on that drive were really well thought out and executed

People who know a lot more about football than I do said the absence of two starting offensive linemen would not be an issue. I think they were mistaken.

The real issue is whether we can continue to disrupt NC's offense enough to pull away.

Feels like this will be a run out the clock on offense or try to hold off a final drive kind of game.
Yea it’s been a bit of an issue but not to the point of it being a crippling factor.

It is black and white. He put his head down and hot helmet to helmet. That's the rule. He's out.

Right. Not too compelling of an argument there - you have to let them play football....

That's pretty much the explicit purpose of the rule, to not let them play football. So to speak. Hamilton himself knew he was done the instant the play took place.

The new guys are doing just fine. N,C is stacking the box. They just went 97 yards. Relax and enjoy the game.

Reactions: Golson5
The NC was offsides. They initiated the move in the neutral zone. The PI call was an easy call to make. ND did what they needed to do

Just need the survive and get the "w"...

Zeke will be better next week...and then better than that in two weeks!!

The OL has talent and depth; just needs to re-gel with excess reps.

Reactions: Zorich 88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT