ADVERTISEMENT

Official UNC ND game thread!

I’ll give Doerer a pass on tonight’s game. Knuckleball first kick and an unexplainable miss on the second. He’s been as good as any kicker ND has had. He’ll bounce back. I expect he’ll make a 50+ yarder next week.

Championship caliber drive there. The defense has been incredible. The only offenses for sure better than this Tar Heels one are Alabama’s and Ohio State’s. This game gives me hope that we can get some stops against them.

Dominance in yards, 1st downs, and time of possession. UNC’s kicker backing ND up so many times helped keep this close. By game’s end, we looked dominant.

Great win.

Hell of an effort by the "D" during the last 3.5 quarters of this game!!

Hope Gilliam was watching and enjoyed seeing the pressure we apply in South Bend!

Yeah, no kidding. UNC wasn't even trying on that last possession. They're ready for the game to be over too.

Playoff-caliber defensive performance against a legit offense, and without Hamilton. Hell frickin' yeah what a solid win.

Championship caliber drive there. The defense has been incredible. The only offenses for sure better than this Tar Heels one are Alabama’s and Ohio State’s. This game gives me hope that we can get some stops against them.

Dominance in yards, 1st downs, and time of possession. UNC’s kicker backing ND up so many times helped keep this close. By game’s end, we looked dominant.

Great win.

Totally. Couldn't agree more. Very impressive win. This is a playoff team.

As a unit I am starting to think this defense is better than 2012. Amazing performance. Offense needs some work but will hopefully be better once Kraemer returns. The backups did a solid job but Kraemer is one of our best players.

They won, enjoy this evening and move on to Cuse tomorrow. Still two regular season games to be played and some post season games.

Great team win defense really settled down after a shaky 1st quarter and really played well. I was afraid losing Hamilton was going to hurt more and it didn't hurt at all.

As a unit I am starting to think this defense is better than 2012. Amazing performance. Offense needs some work but will hopefully be better once Kraemer returns. The backups did a solid job but Kraemer is one of our best players.
Meh. He was our 4th best OL actually

Awesome win. Awesome!

Defense is ACES!!! Book is good too.

We were joking about Book reminding you of Aaron Rodgers in last week's game, but I thought he really did look like Rodgers on that bootleg on the final drive. Faked the Carolina DE right out of his shoes.

Game ball to D and Book.

Line as predicted had a few miss queues. The run game finally prevailed. Kelly had a good game plan. Posters calling for BK to be fired should post after the game.

To shut out Carolina in the 2nd half is unreal. They avg 44 pts and they had an extra possession. BK was fown 2 lineman and 2 in the secondary. This team is really good. 34-17 is the real score. That is a thorough beating of this team.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Like a champion fighter , the Irish weathered the early onslaught of punches from the challenger. The favorite settled in and methodically took control. When the fourth quarter arrived, the challenger simply wore down. Great win !

Great win! Sure they squandered several opportunities, but this team knows how to finish a game when it counts.

Way better. Much more athletic across the board with much better quality depth..

Reactions: BM16
Heard those were SEC officials? They called almost a perfect game. missed the late hit OOB

Way better. Much more athletic across the board with much better quality depth..
Not so so fast my friend. Better depth maybe (although Day, Okwara, Calabrese, Farley might argue otherwise), better coordinator without question, but from a pure talent standpoint I’d still take the starting 11 from ‘12. (Nix, KLM, Tuitt, Shembo, Spond, Teo, Fox, Jackson, Russell, Motta, and Slaughter).

I know we down 2 guys on OL, but I can't understand thr struggles running thr ball

Agree, previously I expressed my concern regarding the running game.

I know that they’re down 2 OL line but the center has to stop hitting himself in the ass on his snaps

ADVERTISEMENT