ADVERTISEMENT

Official ND - isu game thread ...

Defense !! Iowa State score 41 on Oklahoma ! Setting the tone for 2020 !! The Irish are a hot program !

Blows my mind this team is ranked 15 still by the bullshit playoff committee. Iowa State hasn’t been waxed like this all season. Great Irish win.

Reactions: francade
Well you figure one of these guys is going to be in the rotation and getting multiple carries a game. If Jones leaves, it'll be Armstrong, Kyren, and Tyree I'm thinking that will be rotating with each other.

I have a feeling Jones is going to come back. I could be wrong, but I think he has one more year in him. Jones Jr, Armstrong, Tyree will be the rotation, IMO... Maybe not right away, while Tyree learns, but by mid season I think I think that will be the case.

Outstanding defensive effort, special teams gets a TO and offensively very acceptable game plan. I hope it carries over.

Blows my mind this team is ranked 15 still by the bullshit playoff committee. Iowa State hasn’t been waxed like this all season. Great Irish win.

They made their decision in their rain st Michigan. I said all season that after that game they should have moved up a little bit every week and ranked around #10-#11. They're not playoff caliber, but they were screwed being kept at #15.

That game in Ann Arbor was similar to the Purdue beatdown of Ohio State in West Lafayette a year ago. Sometimes shit happens. It's not like there was some big talent gap. ND beat a better Michigan team a year prior.

They made their decision in their rain st Michigan. I said all season that after that game they should have moved up a little bit every week and ranked around #10-#11. They're not playoff caliber, but they were screwed being kept at #15.

That game in Ann Arbor was similar to the Purdue beatdown of Ohio State in West Lafayette a year ago. Sometimes shit happens. It's not like there was some big talent gap. ND beat a better Michigan team a year prior.
The committee puts a lot of weight on bad losses; remember when OSU got pounded by Iowa. A committee member said that counted a lot.

I would say Lea’s only bad game was Michigan. Defense kept us in the Clemson game as long as you could expect and gave us a chance to beat Georgia this year.
Iirc Michigan's point total was still manageable in the 3rd. I had already left because our O was inept from the 1st.

Man I am not impressed w Books decision making sometimes. He had plenty of time there to come off that read and do something else with the ball other than get Finke killed. There were at least 5-6 passes that were very shaky on short reads that should not have been thrown. Needs further improvement for sure.

Man I am not impressed w Books decision making sometimes. He had plenty of time there to come off that read and do something else with the ball other than get Finke killed. There were at least 5-6 passes that were very shaky on short reads that should not have been thrown. Needs further improvement for sure.
he is being extremely cautious right now, that is certain.

So...ISU is 7-5, but they only lost to some of the best teams in the country by less than a field goal!

I guess that means ND beat an incredible team and this should be considered a big time game. Right?

I heard Brian Kelly say, "Let me know when you can talk" to the ISU coach when they were shaking hands. Hot mic moment!!

So...ISU is 7-5, but they only lost to some of the best teams in the country by less than a field goal!

I guess that means ND beat an incredible team and this should be considered a big time game. Right?
outside of the playoffs, a lot of bowl games are one sided. One team wants to play and the other does not. ISU put in the effort but not the real want to that wins games.

It's much better than losin'! They scored 41 against OU, btw! No td's today!

Iirc Michigan's point total was still manageable in the 3rd. I had already left because our O was inept from the 1st.
Despite the debacle that was the first half, a TD pass to Kmet actually made it 17-7 in the 3rd quarter.

outside of the playoffs, a lot of bowl games are one sided. One team wants to play and the other does not. ISU put in the effort but not the real want to that wins games.

Lollllllllll. Amazing post. Some people just never give credit where credit is due.

Reactions: PHJIndy

are you crazy or just ignorant ?

20 for 28 for 247 with no INT’s and several dropped balls, plus 30 yards rushing on 7 attempts, and you’re not impressed ?

he only missed 8 passes, one was dropped and on another the receiver fell on his cut.

thats 71 % to 79% completion percentage

you know nothing about football !

Define “a lot.”

ND just had one of the most one-sided results this bowl,season in this bowl game against a team that was about top 25ish based on advanced metrics as it was in just about every game it played.

As for the bolded, how do you measure how much “want to”ISU had? ISU was completely outplayed today.

I'd say ISU had everything to win and nothing to lose and seemed to be sky high at the start of the game, but we just throttled them from the start.

I'd say ISU had everything to win and nothing to lose and seemed to be sky high at the start of the game, but we just throttled them from the start.
They were totally unprepared for the new offensive coordinator Tom Rees.

Fired our O-coordinator. Dissed by the committee and people said we'd be flat. We just came out and schooled a team that many were saying would beat us...

11-2
12-1
10-3

With two exciting recruiting classes on the horizon, Kelly's got this program going in the right direction.

And that is pissing off a lot of people who come to this site. He-he.

Fired our O-coordinator. Dissed by the committee and people said we'd be flat. We just came out and schooled a team that many were saying would beat us...

11-2
12-1
10-3

With two exciting recruiting classes on the horizon, Kelly's got this program going in the right direction.

And that is pissing off a lot of people who come to this site. He-he.
Dissed by the committee? How so?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT