ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame 2010-2019 Highlights (Brian Kelly era)

Kelly finally beating Stanford in 2018 at the time seemed like his finest hour at the time. When ND scored late to pour it on a little more with the Alize Mack touchdown on a busted coverage I was going nuts. The best ND football I’ve seen since 1994 was the 2017 team for the 3 weeks or so where they dominated NC State, who had a killer Dline, and USC at home.

My favorite play of all time of the kelly era may be the fullback counter from Jafar Armstrong in the 2018 Syracuse game.

It starts with Tommy Rees leading the Irish to their first victory in a decade vs SC in the coliseum in 2010. Robert Hughes running roughshod in the fourth quarter. Sending Kiffin and the rest of the world a message. The beginning of a long climb back from the worst era in ND history

For me.... my favorite play/drive is no doubt Robert Hughes running it down USC's throat in a downpour in 2010. Somewhat pointless game..... but after growing up watching USC dominate ND..... that drive was the tide literally turning.

Hughes is my favorite, underrated, ND player.

Reactions: graceh90
It starts with Tommy Rees leading the Irish to their first victory in a decade vs SC in the coliseum in 2010. Robert Hughes running roughshod in the fourth quarter. Sending Kiffin and the rest of the world a message. The beginning of a long climb back from the worst era in ND history
I didnt read your post before making my post.... but I echo your thoughts.

Nemeth, thanks for posting that clip. It was great to watch again.
I am probably responsible for half the views of that youtube video lol.

Also, my sister was at this game and got in a brawl in the stands with some USC fans minutes after this drive..... which makes it a popular game within the Nemeth household.

Anybody notice the South Carolina/Clemson score flashed across the bottom of the screen?

Damn we're going to miss Claypool. Dude is a match up nightmare every time the ball is snapped.
Let not your heart be troubled. There very well may be another Chase in this next set of Receivers. They have the speed. They have the ability. They have the potential of being special. They will have an experienced QB working hard to get them the ball. I'm pretty excited. I feel the same way about Chris Finke. He always did his best and never gave up. As a fan, that's all I can ask. Job well done. Sometimes we fans (me included) expected more out of Chris than what he was able to give.

The end of 12 at USC when the Trojans ran off four plays in like 3:25. And Te'o's sack of Trevor Knight at OU

Reactions: NDIRISH53
For me.... my favorite play/drive is no doubt Robert Hughes running it down USC's throat in a downpour in 2010. Somewhat pointless game..... but after growing up watching USC dominate ND..... that drive was the tide literally turning.

Hughes is my favorite, underrated, ND player.

Watching Galippo moving out of the way because he’s afraid to get hit is priceless.

Stanford 2012. Rushed the field. It was amazing.

Rees has a better deep ball than Book. They should sneak him in for deep balls.

Last edited:
Stanford 2012. Rushed the field. It was amazing.

Rees has a better deep ball than Book. They should sneak him in for deep balls.

When you are surrounded by elite 4 & 5 star talent and high NFL draft picks at RB, TE, WR, etc. it sure looks easy doesn't it ?

Michael Floyd
Tj Jones
Tyler Eifert
Troy Niklas
Theo Riddick
Cierre Wood

A whose who of elite college prospects and/or 1st/2nd day NFL draft prospects.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT