ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Notes on 2024 WR commit Cam Williams

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I spoke with 2024 wide receiver commit Cam Williams to discuss his visit last Thursday.

“It’s always good to be back and enjoy what is there,” Williams said. “Since it’s so normal for me to be there, the visits are casual, which is what I like.”

Williams arrived later than expected, so he missed practice.

Prior to this visit, Williams had visited Notre Dame seven times, four of which had come after he verbally committed to the Irish last June. His last three visits have also been while 2024 quarterback commit CJ Carr is also on campus.

Williams said his relationship with Carr goes beyond the field and believes their friendship will help their chemistry once they join the Irish.

“Me and CJ are more so really good friends than just future teammates and commits,” Williams said. “Us being together is always an exciting time and we even talk outside of being in South Bend, which I’m sure is going to make the transition on the field a whole lot better.”

It was Williams’ first visit since former offensive coordinator Tommy Rees left for the same position at Alabama and Gerad Parker’s promotion to offensive coordinator. After having conversations with Parker about his vision, Williams understands his fit inside the offense.

“Coach Parker and I are eye-to-eye, we talked numerous times now and we’re on the same page about a lot of things,” Williams said. “His intentions in the offense is just being able to air it out a good amount, which I’m all about.”

The prospect from Glen Ellyn (Ill.) Glenbard South said he plans to return to Notre Dame for the Blue-Gold Game April 22. He also reaffirmed his commitment.

“Some may have mistaken my words when I said earlier, ‘For right now I’m locked in,’” Williams said. “But in all truths, I’m just locked in as a whole and can’t wait to be on campus.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News