ADVERTISEMENT

Not BK 2.0

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
Most of the BK years, these games go into Q4, 31-3.....this one was a game to the last drive.

MF on a big stage, I give him a thumbs up.

Buchner for start 1, did pretty good. NO pics, some great throws, some misses. Almost 63%. Some drops from Mayer and Lenzy. He did well.

Mayer seems a bit slow, made some great catches but was not the game changer. Like Lenzy, just hit and miss.

The RB's where not really what we thought, maybe it was the OL.

The OL and Harry were better than 21's starting game, but not what we were sold. They were not a difference in the game like we thought.

The D, well, they get an A grade. One bad play all game. Just incredible game. Hats off to Al and the D.

Special teams were not the achilleas heal. ST coach, I think we should have not taken some of those out. So some improvement needed there about situational awareness.

All in all, that was a good game against a team 1 year ahead of us and expected to compete for a natty. This team seems like it's going to be really good....

I thought it would be a shootout! And that 1 team (?) would not be ready as both teams had key young guys, But this was a tough hard fought game. Both teams will have excellent seasons, and may meet again.

We should see some good growth over the next 2-3 games. Seems like we got talent all over. Some of the frosh that played where awesome. Marcus had us better prepared. Tommy needs to pick it up.

Reactions: TheSodFather
We should see some good growth over the next 2-3 games. Seems like we got talent all over. Some of the frosh that played where awesome. Marcus had us better prepared. Tommy needs to pick it up.
Please STFU. Is this going to be a season-long, ongoing thing of constantly rationalizing your insane BK bashing? And that's all you have to say for yourself, MF is now 0-2, but we're definitely better off, and really, when you get right down to it, ND football's real purpose in the world, it's new reason for being, is to prove how they don't need BK and they're better off without him? And all future games and performances should be viewed in that light?

Seriously dude, get a grip on yourself. You're not being some upbeat fan, you're morbidly obsessed with hating BK, and then continuously defending yourself for hating him. MF could be anyone, any new coach and it would be the same predictable babble.

Please stop obsessing and assessing how much better or worse the team is without BK.....

Most of the BK years, these games go into Q4, 31-3.....this one was a game to the last drive.

Not really.

Nobody called reality on BK like me but BK for the most part held his owm during a lot of regular season games.
It's the month prep time he fell on face.

Against UGA twice....
Should've won. Didn't.
@ Clemson...shoulda
@ Tallahassee..shoulda

The outcome was more the same though.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Disagree on the running backs. Estime looked really good and tyree looked speedy when he got the ball. It was 100% the o lines fault.
I also disagree on the defense. The secondary surprisingly looked great, our corners didn’t get beat and Stroud had to make some throws that most qbs can’t make consistently. But our d line was extremely disappointing and got bullied late. That may be the best o line we face all season, but I still expected a better performance up front. Overall I give the defense a B

Reactions: BGI User 756
Disagree on the running backs. Estime looked really good and tyree looked speedy when he got the ball. It was 100% the o lines fault.
I also disagree on the defense. The secondary surprisingly looked great, our corners didn’t get beat and Stroud had to make some throws that most qbs can’t make consistently. But our d line was extremely disappointing and got bullied late. That may be the best o line we face all season, but I still expected a better performance up front. Overall I give the defense a B
I don't think the defense would have gotten pushed down the field like that if the offense had done anything to help them out in the second half. The offensive line is a typical, overrated ND line.

Please STFU. Is this going to be a season-long, ongoing thing of constantly rationalizing your insane BK bashing? And that's all you have to say for yourself, MF is now 0-2, but we're definitely better off, and really, when you get right down to it, ND football's real purpose in the world, it's new reason for being, is to prove how they don't need BK and they're better off without him? And all future games and performances should be viewed in that light?

Seriously dude, get a grip on yourself. You're not being some upbeat fan, you're morbidly obsessed with hating BK, and then continuously defending yourself for hating him. MF could be anyone, any new coach and it would be the same predictable babble.

Please stop obsessing and assessing how much better or worse the team is without BK.....
This guy is off the charts chemically imbalanced.

Not really.

Nobody called reality on BK like me but BK for the most part held his owm during a lot of regular season games.

Against UGA twice....
Should've won. Didn't.
@ Clemson...shoulda
@ Tallahassee..shoulda

Great comments. Insightful. Factual. What a great read. Thank you for your constant additions to the board. Where would we be without you.

Yes. Always such well thought out points, carefully constructed and a joy to read and share opinions with. Electronic muscles, Neanderthal brain and the BK fan clubs only remaining member. Maybe saliva is really BK?

Last edited:
Just my opinion. But running Estime wide didn't make much sense. He's a straight ahead banger in my book. Offensive line had some misses on stunts. First game quarterback. And average starting position put the Irish behind the eight ball.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Not really.

Against UGA twice....
Should've won. Didn't.
@ Clemson...shoulda
@ Tallahassee..shoulda

Miami blowout

Michigan blowout

Clemson acc title blowout

Cincinnati disaster

MF on a big stage, I give him a thumbs up.

Buchner for start 1, did pretty good. NO pics, some great throws, some misses. Almost 63%. Some drops from Mayer and Lenzy. He did well.

Mayer seems a bit slow, made some great catches but was not the game changer. Like Lenzy, just hit and miss.

The RB's where not really what we thought, maybe it was the OL.

The OL and Harry were better than 21's starting game, but not what we were sold. They were not a difference in the game like we thought.

The D, well, they get an A grade. One bad play all game. Just incredible game. Hats off to Al and the D.

Special teams were not the achilleas heal. ST coach, I think we should have not taken some of those out. So some improvement needed there about situational awareness.

All in all, that was a good game against a team 1 year ahead of us and expected to compete for a natty. This team seems like it's going to be really good....
Brian Kelly played Georgia twice early in the season. It was far far from 3-31 going into 4q. Both games went down to the final possession.

The irony of your statement.... Then again, maybe that's what it feels for fans like you to be healthy and fulfilled. That's how you make sure that you stay chemically balanced. By constantly burning coaches in effigy as it were. And then you feel good....

Quite frankly, that's probably what it is, now that you just mentioned it. What makes you such pathological BK haters, to such an appalling and excessive and utterly unwarranted degree. You're seeking 'chemical balance' of some sort.

In any event, hopefully you'll stop. Out of human decency if nothing else. He's probably not going to match BK, and it would be better if you dealt with MF's efforts as ND football coach on its own terms.

Reactions: notredamerises23
I think the DL got tired out in the 4th Q. They didn't do too badly before that.

But without those great sideline passes that Stroud made to extend a few of their TD drives, that may be a 14-10 or even 10-10 type of game at the end.

My point in the thread was not really to call out BK, it was to point out that we went into a top 5 matchup at night, away, with a new EVERYTHING and didn't lay an egg on that stage after a long off season. We did that previously lots. Not always, but lots.

BK was, and is, an incredible coach. His record speaks for itself. He just was never going to do it at ND. He knew it and cut/ran. Maybe like Saban, when you can recruit athletes that have zero desire for an education he will win. He was more like Saban at MSU.

Do I think MF will lose to a Tulsa? Hope not. Do I think MF is going to win a Natty year one? I have never seen that, maybe its happened.

Do I think MF has the secret sauce recipe? Yes, I do. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. Look at UGA, Bama, OSU and Clemson. They can trot out 2 waves of top players. We can trot out 1. It shows in Q4.

The 22 class was a great class. The 23 and 24 look to build on that. We will see, as we did under Lou, how good you can look as a coach when every position you have on the field lines up is as good or better than the person you're going against.

I'm just happy to see a team that didn't have a false start the first play of the game and go into the half down 21-3. That was a positive.

Am I happy with a loss? No, but I don't think this game derails the long-term plan or even this season.

My point in the thread was not really to call out BK, it was to point out that we went into a top 5 matchup at night, away, with a new EVERYTHING and didn't lay an egg on that stage after a long off season. We did that previously lots. Not always, but lots.

BK was, and is, an incredible coach. His record speaks for itself. He just was never going to do it at ND. He knew it and cut/ran. Maybe like Saban, when you can recruit athletes that have zero desire for an education he will win. He was more like Saban at MSU.

Do I think MF will lose to a Tulsa? Hope not. Do I think MF is going to win a Natty year one? I have never seen that, maybe its happened.

Do I think MF has the secret sauce recipe? Yes, I do. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. Look at UGA, Bama, OSU and Clemson. They can trot out 2 waves of top players. We can trot out 1. It shows in Q4.

The 22 class was a great class. The 23 and 24 look to build on that. We will see, as we did under Lou, how good you can look as a coach when every position you have on the field lines up is as good or better than the person you're going against.

I'm just happy to see a team that didn't have a false start the first play of the game and go into the half down 21-3. That was a positive.

Am I happy with a loss? No, but I don't think this game derails the long-term plan or even this season.
Blah, blah, blah.... You're on the record for at least mouthing the words that BK is a great coach, or an accomplished coach, or whatever completely hollow, almost like, contractually obligated gesture of minimal respect for ND's all-time winning coach

Now the next part, and really the only part were concerned with, is the part where you actually stop bashing BK altogether, irrespective of the occasional vapid disclaimers, One of the main justificatory pillars of the BK-bashing crowd, something that you must figure legitimizes all your unrelenting disrespect and hostility, is BK's supposedly poor or even awful record against top opponents. And MF is now 0-2 against top opponents.

So you don't need to start bashing MF, but it's time to finally drop the bashing of BK. As some sort of reflexive resort that you turn to. Or indeed if you're craving that chemical balance.....

The irony of your statement.... Then again, maybe that's what it feels for fans like you to be healthy and fulfilled. That's how you make sure that you stay chemically balanced. By constantly burning coaches in effigy as it were. And then you feel good....

Quite frankly, that's probably what it is, now that you just mentioned it. What makes you such pathological BK haters, to such an appalling and excessive and utterly unwarranted degree. You're seeking 'chemical balance' of some sort.

In any event, hopefully you'll stop. Out of human decency if nothing else. He's probably not going to match BK, and it would be better if you dealt with MF's efforts as ND football coach on its own terms.
Like Pavlov's dog, I rang the bell, and you slobber all over your keyboard. Crazy indeed.

Reactions: DublinND

Mrs Kelly are you nervous for the game tonight? Is it gonna be hot?

Agree with most of what the OP said. We punched them right back -- were physical and ready for the moment. But like OKST -- no halftime adjustments.

By the way -- Did you watch the LSU game?

POLIAN!!!!!

lottsa issues in Baton Rouge this morn; some unhappiness

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT