ADVERTISEMENT

Not 39 and snowing in Pitt

Syd4ND

ND Expert
Jan 28, 2007
but imagine if it was. This is the real Canes team. Makes that loss allbthe more inexplicable. Want a rematch so bad!

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Last week i predicted pitt will beat miami. Either way Kelly is a crap coach

Reactions: 88ND
Stunning though how bad Wimbush played against Miami, and yet Pitts true freshman seems unfazed. Just gotta chalk it up to “hey, they are college kids”. .. Won’t happen, but would love to get a rematch opportunity against Miami.

There's very little chance we can get in the playoff but Miami has to lose today to give us any chance. If an undefeated Miami team gets beat by Clemson, they still would be ahead of us but a 2 loss Miami team, even though they whipped us, I think we pass since Pitt is not very good. I also think South Carolina has to beat Clemson for ND to pass the ACC title game winner assuming Clemson beats Miami.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoopsstar12
Miami has had near miss losses to unranked teams all year long. Our loss to them should have pushed us out of the top 10. I just want Miami to lose. Kelly will never bring a championship to ND. Stop worrying about the polls. Richt doesnt play games. He just replaced Rosier.

Thst game was a complete perfect storm. Loudest crowd since who knows when, early ND mistakes and momentum snowballing.

All the statistics say that over the course of the year, ND has been a better team and on a neutral field, I think we’re better. Also, had they played our schedule, they’d have two losses as well.

Miami has had near miss losses to unranked teams all year long. Our loss to them should have pushed us out of the top 10. I just want Miami to lose. Kelly will never bring a championship to ND. Stop worrying about the polls. Richt doesnt play games. He just replaced Rosier.

Polls make the college football game fun and so what if Richt replaced Rozier? They are still going to lose the game and the new QB he put in hasn't done a thing. I wouldn't call that great coaching.

I think ND beats Miami by 21 on a neutral field. ND just had one of those days when Miami was sky high. I am enjoying the heck out of watching Pitt run the ball down Miami’s throats with five minutes left.

There's very little chance we can get in the playoff but Miami has to lose today to give us any chance. If an undefeated Miami team gets beat by Clemson, they still would be ahead of us but a 2 loss Miami team, even though they whipped us, I think we pass since Pitt is not very good. I also think South Carolina has to beat Clemson for ND to pass the ACC title game winner assuming Clemson beats Miami.
Consider the ND fan outcry if the scenario you describe that ND jumps a 2 loss Pitt were reversed.

TD Pitt - it’s over. Hell of a game by Pitt and their young QB. This game was their Bowl game indeed, and the Miami offense was horrendous. UM now has to hope Clemson wins and then beat them in the conf championship.

Consider the ND fan outcry if the scenario you describe that ND jumps a 2 loss Pitt were reversed.
I didn't say there wouldn't be complaints but you lose your last two games and one of them to a seven loss team and at least the committee has a reason to do it. This board would be in semi-meltdown mode for sure but you have to finish strong in college football to make the playoffs. If they lose to Clemson, we will jump them if we beat Stanford convincingly. We just have to beat Stanford and have about ten other things happen so the playoffs are still unlikely.

Stunning though how bad Wimbush played against Miami, and yet Pitts true freshman seems unfazed. Just gotta chalk it up to “hey, they are college kids”. .. Won’t happen, but would love to get a rematch opportunity against Miami.
Wrong. You chalk it up to a head coach unable to develop a QB. Kelly is the most average coach out there.

The Pitt QB should have just fell down after getting the first down. They could have just kneeled and taken the clock down to like 50 seconds with the ball onnthe 10 or 5. I think the coach was saying that right after the TD.

TD, onside kick, TD, onside kick, FG is nearly impossible with 2:45 left, but more probable

than TD, onside kick, TD, onside kick, FG with 50 seconds.

Reactions: TXNDFan88
Georgia fans are going yep that's a Richt coached team.........lose that one game that you should not lose. Pitt outplayed them and deserved the win.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
playing down to the competition all year finally caught up to the U. a bad Carolina team only lost by one score to them. look for Clemson to do what pitt did by trying to make Miami win by throwing the ball while shutting down the run game

Reactions: notredamerises23
OR:

Being blownout by a team who lost to a 7 loss team!
Perspective.
It's not about us at this point in regards to the playoff or this thread imo. That was an elimination game and we failed. To me that showing in Miami should remove us from the playoff no matter bad we were to beat Stanford or even if everyone in front of us loses. Miami belongs nowhere near the playoffs. Lots of close victories against average teams. It just caught up to them. They could easily be a 3 or 4 loss team at this point.

How did Mullen and Mississippi State make out yesterday? :p:p
You aren’t that dumb are you?Fitzgerald fractured his ankle in the first quarter of the game. Smh.

How’d Kelly do versus UGA and Miami? I know ND under Kelly never would’ve played Bama to a 24-24 tie with 1 minute left in the game.

You do realize MSU was 8-3 and ranked 14th in the nation last night, right? Yes, Mississippi State, the absolute doormat of the SEC, yet Mullen has found a way to develop unrecruited QB’s and be the schools second winningest coach of all-time.

Oh the horror! What an awful man and coach. So awful he’s being considered for the Florida job.

You aren’t that dumb are you?Fitzgerald fractured his ankle in the first quarter of the game. Smh.

How’d Kelly do versus UGA and Miami? I know ND under Kelly never would’ve played Bama to a 24-24 tie with 1 minute left in the game.

You do realize MSU was 8-3 and ranked 14th in the nation last night, right? Yes, Mississippi State, the absolute doormat of the SEC, yet Mullen has found a way to develop unrecruited QB’s and be the schools second winningest coach of all-time.

Oh the horror! What an awful man and coach. So awful he’s being considered for the Florida job.
He lost to Ole Miss without their head coach at home. Good coach but nothing to write home about.
What percentage of his kids would get into ND? 10 % maybe.
Did ND win the Maui Championship? Another nice post by you . You provide some needed comedy for the board. Keep it up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT