ADVERTISEMENT

Next Sunday.......Texas

There is no better voice for football commentary than John facenda. It gives me goose bumps hearing it. Thanks for the post & the memories, Ara! We r ND!

Reactions: Irishjohn68
Ara, just got in from a morning of golf and then chores...finally sat down at the PC, and the first post I read is yours, with the perfect reminder of why we love and follow ND football. As greengael said, that piece never gets old. Thanks for sharing. One week and the fireworks begin.

Reactions: Ara64 and greengael
Ara, just got in from a morning of golf and then chores...finally sat down at the PC, and the first post I read is yours, with the perfect reminder of why we love and follow ND football. As greengael said, that piece never gets old. Thanks for sharing. One week and the fireworks begin.

John Facenda was a friend of my families .

True story my brother was parking his car after a broadcast of his for WCAU - TV 10 and John was kidding around and broke his hand slap fighting my brother . He had a cast on for six weeks on TV -- I had dinner with he and his wife a couple times ( Johnny's italian rest in Drexel Hill ) . He was in St Bernadette's parish in Drexel Hill .

Christmas Light Show in Philly is legend ( Wanamaker Building ) !! John Facenda is an all time great RIP !!

What a great era when newscasters were a welcome part of the community -- not some money grubbing propaganda hate mongers.

Cronkite - Facenda - Huntley & Brinkley - Howard K Smith -- legends all

Hannity - O'Rielly - Limbaugh -- scum ( sex junkies drug addicts )

Last edited:
Reactions: Telx1
I grew up in a catholic football family. Everything ND is a reminder of saturday afternoons in the fall/winter at home. Love this team.

Highlight of the 53 minutes ??

Color Guard high stepping it to the robust sound of The Victory March .

I'm such a sunshine pumper !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT